Haha, that didn't last long. $100pp deposit Next Cruise

whitshel

I would have used one of these:mad:.

Bob, we are waiting for you on the dark side...make the leap to the Italians. Onboard booking with them doesn't carry any NRD non-sense and still has healthy OBC...

But I do think this change from RCI is positive. I am looking at a $1350 deposit right now for Boston Serenade cruise in 2019 and that's more than I am willing to put down at this time. This deposit scheme would have been helpful to me as well.

Bob, we are waiting for you on the dark side...make the leap to the Italians. Onboard booking with them doesn't carry any NRD non-sense and still has healthy OBC... ...

I'm waiting for Ocean Boy to join us, as I'll need someone fluent in Italian.;)

We knew it would change, looks like only with NRD. So you pretty much need to know what cruise you want to take. But at least they listened or next bookings were way down.fca3be14e7c24eb06add453ee316fe9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Still crap. Will continue to book after final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wish they would have had this last week on Oasis. I would have booked but was able to convert a booking that we decided not to take (once we got home) to a 2019 cruise. We did not have to put down more for the cruise but could only take the refundable rate.

We are on Oasis again on Jan. 28, 2018 so will visit Next Cruise. Going to start researching lat 2019 and 2020.

Next Cruise was pretty empty last week.

I am not sure what is going on here. Is this just about the NRD of $100 per person.

Apparently RC is going to allow reduced deposits of $100pp for booking onbiard again, but only if booking non-refundable rates.

I still don't get the big deal over reduced deposits.

Unless you want to book 10 cruises now, and pick the one you will take later.

You still have to pay the full invoice.

For some, it's a big deal, especially if they have a family and are booking more than one cruise.

When I wanted to book the 2019 trip, my CVP told me they could no longer give reduced deposits. That kept me from booking it right away, because I also need to have spending money for my trip in the next month, and I don't like to put a lot on my cards at once.

I ended up going with a third party TA agency that let me put down a reduced deposit. Non-refundable is fine with me.

I still don't get the big deal over reduced deposits.

Unless you want to book 10 cruises now, and pick the one you will take later.

You still have to pay the full invoice.

Like Bob said, I typically will book a couple or three and as my schedule changes I move my cruises around. As a NRD it still might be worth one or I wait and watch for deals and be a little less picky.

I waited to book Harmony last week on board Oasis. Did book the non-refundable for the lower price...and did have to put down the 500.00..which does not bother me since at some point I have to pay the whole balance anyway. ;)

What I was looking for, versus booking myself online, was that additional 100.00 OBC (which gave me a total of 200.00). Got that, but now wondering are they doing away with the extra 100.00 OBC in favor of reducing the deposit back to 100.00?? :confused::o

Bob, we are waiting for you on the dark side...make the leap to the Italians. Onboard booking with them doesn't carry any NRD non-sense and still has healthy OBC...

But I do think this change from RCI is positive. I am looking at a $1350 deposit right now for Boston Serenade cruise in 2019 and that's more than I am willing to put down at this time. This deposit scheme would have been helpful to me as well.

On Serenade right now and reduced deposit isn't available for the longer Serenade cruises.