Jeans. In Specialy Restaurants

mamaofami

Would it help you to understand if I said try considering the Caneletto as a subset of the Lido?

Would it help you to understand (as I stated before) that location of Caneletto is irrelevant to this discussion?

HAL considers Canaletto a specialty restaurant, no different than PG or Tamarind in this context. Therefore HAL's attire guidelines for Gala Nights in specialty restaurants apply to Canaletto, in the same way they apply to Tamarind and PG., i.e., no jeans.

I'm so sorry my suggestion didn't help your understanding.

Yes, most on here will agree with you about it always being casual.

The problem is that we can't agree on the definition of casual.

(my bolding)

I was quoting and agreeing with some posters who disagreed with a certain poster who insists that the Canaletto is included in the specialty restaurants, and therefore follows the same dress code as the MDR on Gala nights. It has always been common knowledge here and on the ships. The Canaletto is always casual.

The definition of casual may be part of the whole discussion, but not all of it.

Here is the description of the MDR, the Pinnacle and Canaletto from the HAL "know before you go"

"The Elegant Dining Room:

1. A luxurious dining experience in a room graced with fine art and antiques."

"The Pinnacle Grill Experience:

• Intimate dining featuring Sterling Silver Beef[emoji768] and fresh seafood. • Luxurious appointments".

"Canaletto, featuring classic Italian cuisine in a relaxed setting"

Both the MDR and Pinnacle reference luxurious appointments - fine dining

Canaletto uses the term "relaxed setting". I would call that casual.

I have also noticed that there are some posters who can be quite abrasive at times. However, people like you, and others too numerous to mention, make it all worthwhile and a pleasure to talk with. I sincerely hope you and your husband enjoy your cruise. Wishing you Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas!

I’ve been off and on this board since 201 and there have ALWAYS been nasty people. The smoking, dress codes and tipping posts bring out the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If some people are so clueless and really have no idea what to wear in a nice restaurant, I have a suggestion for them. Throw a selection of clothes into a suitcase. When they want to get dressed for dinner, toss it all out into the hall. When someone comes along ask ''what shall I wear'' .

Sandra

If some people are so clueless and really have no idea what to wear in a nice restaurant, I have a suggestion for them. Throw a selection of clothes into a suitcase. When they want to get dressed for dinner, toss it all out into the hall. When someone comes along ask ''what shall I wear'' .

Sandra

Nasty and rude; contributed nothing to the discourse.

Sandra

I thought this comment quite funny. It highlights how absurd some of the posts/questions are. Seems like some people are just not accustomed to dining in nice places, or have no dress sense.

Sandra

LOL! Thank goodness for a sense of humor now and then on here! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet there are people at HAL who laugh at the ridiculousness on this board. People argue over the dumbest things around here.

I bet you're right just like many here are laughing, too! :D:D

I thought this comment quite funny. It highlights how absurd some of the posts/questions are. Seems like some people are just not accustomed to dining in nice places, or have no dress sense.

I also thought Haladdict's comment was quite funny! :D:D