Jeans. In Specialy Restaurants

mamaofami

Who here is actually offended by this outfit? Could any of those offended tell what is on below the waist once this person is sitting?

3976d20130ce2a538e1bc93d05b07ea0--smart-casual-work-casual.jpg

I really like it! Casual, but well put together. When I think of someone wearing jeans at dinner, this is what I picture. Nice!

Carol, you and Sam look lovely. You look like you know how to dress for the occasion (which you do).

Hope you had a lovely dinner.

Yes they look nice. What color pants does he have on in that picture? Impossible to tell. If he is wearing jeans does your opinion of them looking lovely change? How would you know?

If he is wearing jeans does your opinion of them looking lovely change? How would you know?

Jeans (neat, not torn or otherwise distressed) meet the HAL dress code on a smart casual night. I will not criticize someone who at least meets the minimum acceptable level of dress.

I will know what is below the waist by seeing them while they are walking in public areas. Scottie is not around to beam people from their cabins directly to their dining room seat. :rolleyes:

I really like it! Casual, but well put together. When I think of someone wearing jeans at dinner, this is what I picture. Nice!

IMO, a neat, well put together handsome look and the model isn;t bad either. :)

Carol, you and Sam look lovely. You look like you know how to dress for the occasion (which you do).

Hope you had a lovely dinner.

Beautiful photo, Carol. What a lovely looking couple. AND as nice as you are attractive. :)

We both wear jeans. Various colours and styles.

We travel internationally twice a year for 6-9 weeks each trip. Interspersed by last minute cruises andhigher end AI's. We are enjoying one at this very moment. In two weeks we leave for two months of independent travel. We will only have one pair of long slacks each and they may be jeans. We will probably wear them for travel since we only travel with carry on. And we may even snag a last minute cruise during our land travels.

In our sixties. Very successful career dealing with senior and C level folks.

Two things we learned a long time ago....don't judge people and their socioeconomic status or by how they dress. Including jeans, Big mistake. Second thing was don't sweat the small stuff. Those that do are really displaying their aspirational goals. The wealthy and very successful feel zero need to do this.

We both wear jeans. Various colours and styles.

We travel internationally twice a year for 6-9 weeks each trip. Interspersed by last minute cruises andhigher end AI's. We are enjoying one at this very moment. In two weeks we leave for two months of independent travel. We will only have one pair of long slacks each and they may be jeans. We will probably wear them for travel since we only travel with carry on. And we may even snag a last minute cruise during our land travels.

In our sixties. Very successful career dealing with senior and C level folks.

Two things we learned a long time ago....don't judge people and their socioeconomic status or by how they dress. Including jeans, Big mistake. Second thing was don't sweat the small stuff. Those that do are really displaying their aspirational goals. The wealthy and very successful feel zero need to do this.

Your point about "aspirational goals" is very appropriate.

You want to wear jeans and be casual and enjoy, knock yourself out. The point being there are options for that -- the lido - not gala night.
Sorry, but why do you care what people are wearing? Does someone wearing clean, fashionable jeans on Gala night in the MDR have an impact on your enjoyment of your dinner? If it does, I feel sorry for you. This constant judgement of people over what they're wearing to dinner is getting so old. For goodness sake everybody, just relax and enjoy the fact you're on a cruise!

Sorry, but why do you care what people are wearing? Does someone wearing clean, fashionable jeans on Gala night in the MDR have an impact on your enjoyment of your dinner? If it does, I feel sorry for you. This constant judgement of people over what they're wearing to dinner is getting so old. For goodness sake everybody, just relax and enjoy the fact you're on a cruise!

I aagree that what someeone wears does not impact my enjoyment at this stage of my life. I B ut t I do feel it fine to suggest there are ways to make an effort to oblige HAL's rather lenient dress code with minimal effort on our part

I have not seen anyone use the words gown, dress or tuxedo.

pants? Yes.

Edited by sail7seas

we just completed a trip on westerdam and I had convinced my husband that he needed to wear his coat and tie to our night in Pinnacle and he was the ONLY ONE in there with coat and tie. Others were dressed casually with collared shirts and slacks/kahkis.

And the Angels Sang Out....

Hallelujah,

Hallelujah, Hallelujah

HAL LEY LUU YAaaaaagh!

Edited by JRG
typo

Everyone should Google "Flotsam and Jetsam" and understand its meaning

because it is very difficult to tell on this thread what is the Flotsam and what is Jetsam, and there is a fair amount of it being chucked overboard.

Flotsam and Jetsam is (are) a maritime term(s), and this is after all, a maritime themed discussion forum.

Edited by JRG
grammar and prose

Everyone should Google "Flotsam and Jetsam" and understand its meaning

because it is very difficult to tell on this thread what is the Flotsam and what is Jetsam, and there is a fair amount of it being chucked overboard.

Flotsam and Jetsam is (are) a maritime term(s), and this is after all, a maritime themed discussion forum.

But, flotsam is not chucked overboard.

Who here is actually offended by this outfit? Could any of those offended tell what is on below the waist once this person is sitting?

3976d20130ce2a538e1bc93d05b07ea0--smart-casual-work-casual.jpg

Am I offended? Not really. But his tie's too short and everything else is too small. I'm also wondering about the one sleeve sticking out and rolled up--am I missing a trend? :confused: