Jeans. In Specialy Restaurants

mamaofami

And it's located in the Lido where jeans are appropriate.

Where it is located is irrelevant here. It is a specialty restaurant, and therefore jeans would not be appropriate on a Gala Night.

Canaletto has always been far more casual than the Pinnacle whether it's a Gala night or not.

As we're all aware, HAL chooses to turn a blind eye in most cases with regard to enforcing their own established guidelines, but that is another discussion entirely.

I highly doubt those men would be turned away, even on gala night. At some point common sense has to prevail and I'd like to think HAL has better common sense than some of the people on this thread.

You're absolutely right that they likely would not be turned away. But the fact that HAL doesn't consistently enforce their own guidelines is well known.

Since cargo pants are not slacks, that would not be in compliance with HAL's established guidelines for Gala Night attire.

You got away with it though, which does not surprise, as we all know they don't enforce their own guidelines.

I will wear them on the next cruise as well.

Where it is located is irrelevant here. It is a specialty restaurant, and therefore jeans would not be appropriate on a Gala Night.

As we're all aware, HAL chooses to turn a blind eye in most cases with regard to enforcing their own established guidelines, but that is another discussion entirely.

So let me just make sure I understand you.

You want people that are "dressed up" to walk through the Lido which is not to go eat in the Canaletto?

Seriously? Especially since they often go around and invite people in the Lido to come on in if they are not booked?

You are so WRONG in so many ways. I'm sorry. You can argue semantics all that you want but..

It's a specialty restaurant (using that word loosely) in the LIDO - where dress is casual.

You chose to snip my post, so I will repeat - we dress nicely for any dining venue, but the bottom line is that whether you want to believe it or not, the Canaletto is more casual than other specialty restaurants. It has NOTHING to do with allowing people to break the rules. It has to do with the location.

So let me just make sure I understand you.

You want people that are "dressed up" to walk through the Lido which is not to go eat in the Canaletto?

No, HAL does.

Seriously? Especially since they often go around and invite people in the Lido to come on in if they are not booked?

Yep.

You are so WRONG in so many ways. I'm sorry. You can argue semantics all that you want but..

It's a specialty restaurant (using that word loosely) in the LIDO - where dress is casual.

You chose to snip my post, so I will repeat - we dress nicely for any dining venue, but the bottom line is that whether you want to believe it or not, the Canaletto is more casual than other specialty restaurants. It has NOTHING to do with allowing people to break the rules. It has to do with the location.

I suppose that we can agree to disagree on this one, right?

Would it help you to understand if I said try considering the Caneletto as a subset of the Lido?

Would it help you to understand (as I stated before) that location of Caneletto is irrelevant to this discussion?

HAL considers Canaletto a specialty restaurant, no different than PG or Tamarind in this context. Therefore HAL's attire guidelines for Gala Nights in specialty restaurants apply to Canaletto, in the same way they apply to Tamarind and PG., i.e., no jeans.

Would it help you to understand (as I stated before) that location of Caneletto is irrelevant to this discussion?

HAL considers Canaletto a specialty restaurant, no different than PG or Tamarind in this context. Therefore HAL's attire guidelines for Gala Nights in specialty restaurants apply to Canaletto, in the same way they apply to Tamarind and PG., i.e., no jeans.

The fact is that HAL's guidelines, to the extent they exist at all, are not enforced. We see a number of posters here determined to ignore them in any case - and cheering on those who plan to do so, so there is little point in even discussing them.

You're absolutely right that they likely would not be turned away. But the fact that HAL doesn't consistently enforce their own guidelines is well known.

Perhaps you’d like to volunteer for the job? [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my. I just don't understand this post at all. The Canaletto does not follow the dress code of the ship. Not that there is one anymore. Perhaps you are not aware of this as I believe you haven't cruised with hal a lot. Correct? On my last cruise passangers were allowed with distressed jeans in the MDR on gala night. I would bet no one would have an issue getting into Canaletto on a gala night with jeans.

Perhaps you’d like to volunteer for the job? [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need, since HAL already has folks that are paid to do the job (although they usually don't), i.e., MDR and specialty restaurant managers and staff.

Oh my. I just don't understand this post at all. The Canaletto does not follow the dress code of the ship. Not that there is one anymore. Perhaps you are not aware of this as I believe you haven't cruised with hal a lot. Correct? On my last cruise passangers were allowed with distressed jeans in the MDR on gala night. I would bet no one would have an issue getting into Canaletto on a gala night with jeans.

Oh my, I just don't understand your point here. Is it that HAL does not enforce their own guidelines by allowing distressed jeans in the MDR or jeans in Canaletto on Gala nights?

If so you'll get no argument from me on that.

Oh my, I just don't understand your point here. Is it that HAL does not enforce their own guidelines by allowing distressed jeans in the MDR or jeans in Canaletto on Gala nights?

If so you'll get no argument from me on that.

I assume you are just arguing to argue. Don't we have that enough here already? Plain and simple, Canaletto is casual. Not sure why there is any confusion of that for you.

I thought Canaletto was considered casual dining on all nights; an alternative specialty to formal.

Yes, of course you are correct.

You are correct. It is and always has been casual. The Pinnacle, Sel de Mer and Tamarind follow the dress code of the evening just as the MDR does. The Canaletto is always casual.

You are correct. It is and always has been casual. The Pinnacle, Sel de Mer and Tamarind follow the dress code of the evening just as the MDR does. The Canaletto is always casual.

Yes, most on here will agree with you about it always being casual.

The problem is that we can't agree on the definition of casual.