Tipping in DL

We always tipped $1 per drink each night, just because we felt that the servers that served us would be able to keep it (hopefully). I know some folks tipped at the end, but we just brought singles each night. No idea what others did....I did see some that didn't tip each night but assumed they were giving something at the end.

We always tipped $1 per drink each night, just because we felt that the servers that served us would be able to keep it (hopefully). I know some folks tipped at the end, but we just brought singles each night. No idea what others did....I did see some that didn't tip each night but assumed they were giving something at the end.
We did this too.

We tip per drink. You never know if you will see the same waiter again.

We do the same as we may be in different lounges on different nights or may use our drink coupons in one of the many bars around the ship. Since I am typically getting two drinks at a time for the two of us, I tip with $2 bills. It's amazing how the bartenders remember you and respond to you the next time you see them.

Once we find out who the regulars are (they have some fill ins during peak times), we give him a $5er on the first drink, and we're good for the rest of the evening. Our glasses never go to the half-empty mark.

This is what we have historically done, whether in the concierge/suite lounge or the DL and it has worked well for us. Then we have tipped the Concierge separately the last night based on engagement or services provided.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We normally tip per drink in diamond, concierge or suite lounge also do same at bars, at end of the week may tip our favorite servers extra, we bring at least 50 in singles and fives , had on bartender on brilliance pour me a large cognac as soon as we walked in

I also bring singles and try to always at all bars tip $1 per drink and I usually take care of the Concierge separately on the last night but sometime I have also tipped them up front if there are specific things I know I want them to do for me.

Usually $5 when the first drinks are given in the DL, seems like the same server always returns. If we are using the vouchers I tip $5 each time we get our drinks, a cosmo and a gin martini. Many times we each have gotten 4 drinks in the bars and take a wine to mdr at 8:30. Tipping pays off. happy cruising

We tip per drink. You never know if you will see the same waiter again.

We do the same as we may be in different lounges on different nights or may use our drink coupons in one of the many bars around the ship. Since I am typically getting two drinks at a time for the two of us, I tip with $2 bills. It's amazing how the bartenders remember you and respond to you the next time you see them.

$1 per drink. Same reasons as above.

We are also $1 per person per drink tippers. I shared this with a friend recently and she reported back that the pool waiter never let her drink glass get empty. Since she is in a business that depends on tips, she got it. She will never sail again without a stack of $1. We too carry $5 for outstanding service. Have never been limited to 3 drinks on Royal or Celebrity.

We normally tip per drink in diamond, concierge or suite lounge also do same at bars/quote]

What about the dining room (for those ships that allow you to order your free drinks there).

It just seems like tipping the waiter there would be awkward.:confused:

We normally tip per drink in diamond, concierge or suite lounge also do same at bars/quote]

What about the dining room (for those ships that allow you to order your free drinks there).

It just seems like tipping the waiter there would be awkward.:confused:

If he brings the drinks on a tray, just toss the bills onto the tray.