Aqua Class or Concierge Class

attitudeda

So the C1 has the best balcony view,

The Aqua has the best restaurant.

You should also remember you could get an A1 for the A2 price as a captains club member!

Ah, decisions, decisions

This is my problem. We like the 5 aft Aqua for the balcony but none are available for the date I am looking at. We also like Blue

There are concierge aft with the large balcony that are still available.

Both are the same price. I don't know what to do!

Laura

If cruising out of San Juan for Southern Caribbean, how can one resist the huge aft-facing balcony of a C1? Literally some of the best balconies on the ship....ANY ship.

We had no complaints of the MDR on Summit. Five ports of call so lunch is not going to be on the ship for the most part anyway. Most mornings we had room service breakfast(concierge is pretty good!)and made mimosas while coming into port all on the balcony. To me, that's what the caribbean itinerary is all about.

I wouldn't worry about the MDR and food...you'll be fine.

We had 7208 BTW!

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_26781.JPG

So the C1 has the best balcony view,

The Aqua has the best restaurant.

You should also remember you could get an A1 for the A2 price as a captains club member!

Ah, decisions, decisions

AQ is like eating in a Specialty restaurant every night, hands down for me is AQ. How much time do you spend in your cabin, we don't spend a lot so cabin choice is just not a big deal.

AQ is like eating in a Specialty restaurant every night, hands down for me is AQ. How much time do you spend in your cabin, we don't spend a lot so cabin choice is just not a big deal.

I agree. What do you need a giant balcony for anyway are you are going to have a party with a group of friends? Blu is a great dining experience, it's just a bonus to us that Aqua Class cabins have a balcony at all. We just do not spend all that much time sitting around in our stateroom on a cruise anymore. Get out and enjoy the ship!

If cruising out of San Juan for Southern Caribbean, how can one resist the huge aft-facing balcony of a C1? Literally some of the best balconies on the ship....ANY ship.

We had no complaints of the MDR on Summit. Five ports of call so lunch is not going to be on the ship for the most part anyway. Most mornings we had room service breakfast(concierge is pretty good!)and made mimosas while coming into port all on the balcony. To me, that's what the caribbean itinerary is all about.

We had 7208 BTW!

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_26781.JPG

Thanks for the pix....they make me want to book a C1 on an M-Class again! Always my first choice/love. And as someone else mentioned, the AQ showers on M-Class really make a mess. Blu has a nicer ambiance than MDR but the actual food is the same, just presented with more panache.

We’re in the minority. We don’t care for Blu except for breakfast. M class, definitely a C1 aft

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

C1 aft cabin balconies are fabulous. I don’t like how close the seats are in Blu - too close for comfort as I like my personal space :eek:.

I will differ for two reasons

1. Primary reason : an important part of our cruise experience is meeting other couples at dinner, getting to know them, and sometimes making good friends. In Blu, they do not offer the opportunity to dine with others. We really disliked this and finally convinced the staff to move us to the MDR so that we could meet others. We also like the larger selection in the MDR

2. Our one cabin we were "upgraded" to was up under the overhang, and it really impeded our view of the beautiful shoreline on our Alaska cruise.

I have an upgrade from Concierge class to Aqua class because the price for Concierge class drop after final payment. They told me they couldn't give me the refund but they could upgrade us to the Aqua Class. Was this true, I thought the price was guaranteed ?

So my family with 2 cabins are upgrade to Aqua Class, my friends are still in the Inside class. It means we can't dine together because our assigned dining room is Blue. What can I do about it? Can I go to the MDR instead of Blue , can my friends pay to eat at Blue ? I want to try Blue and the Aqua Class but I want to have dinner with my friends too

we have always enjoyed C1s and try to book aft

IN the upcoming sailing we booked AQ2 and club upgraded to AQ1. It was only $100 pp.

Thought we'd give Blu an whirl as the MDR on our Feb sailing was pretty underwhelming.

Since they stopped the UDP... with Blu and the Spa etc..we thought it would ne bice esp on sea days

I have an upgrade from Concierge class to Aqua class because the price for Concierge class drop after final payment. They told me they couldn't give me the refund but they could upgrade us to the Aqua Class. Was this true, I thought the price was guaranteed ?

So my family with 2 cabins are upgrade to Aqua Class, my friends are still in the Inside class. It means we can't dine together because our assigned dining room is Blue. What can I do about it? Can I go to the MDR instead of Blue , can my friends pay to eat at Blue ? I want to try Blue and the Aqua Class but I want to have dinner with my friends too

As a general rule (with some exceptions) you will not be able to get a price drop after final payment. As to Blu, it is only available to those in Aqua and Suites (on a space available basis). So your friends cannot pay to dine in Blu. However, you should be able to arrange to dine in the MDR on some or all nights. This is normally arranged by the Maitre'd (of the representative working the door) in Blu.

Hank

Aqua would be my choice, except for one thing. We normally have cruise critic roll call friends, some we knew on prior cruises and some we just met on the cruise that most likely won't be in Aqua. If we want too dine with them, being in AQ is a problem.

My friends and I sailed the Summit last month. We LOVED Concierge Class! Reasons:

1. the huge aft balconies

2. Embarkation lunch in the MDR

3. Welcome bubbly and daily canapes

4. Sailaway from Bermuda on the helipad (nice surprise!) with bubbly and ship's officers

5. Although we didn't use it because we took the Manhattan highlights tour, the disembarkation lounge

As other posters have mentioned, the Persian garden on the Summit is nothing to write home about. We liked the food in the MDR; no complaints there. We did do a Specialty Dining package, so my opinion of the MDR is a little biased.

• 2 months later...

I prefer even a C3 to Aqua Class. I just didn't like Blu, although this year I found the MDR had definitely dropped in quality compared to my 2012/2013 cruises. It felt like RCCL dining, which is only 'fine' not 'can't wait'.

Pick aqua class. Blu is much better than the MDR. The food and service is really good. Last week, I ate most meals in Blu. The lunches that I ate in the Buffet and MDR were the worst meals of my cruise. Waited in MDR to take order until all the tables in the area filled. We were at table for 2. We waited almost an hour to get our lunch. It was not what we ordered. They claimed that there were too many people eating in the MDR that day. It rained. On a rainy day, there will be more people in the MDR. The food service should expect this and adapt to it. Excuses are lame. Wish Blu was open for lunch. If my MDR lunch experience was an indication of the quality of MDR, I would never book another Celebrity cruise. I am elite plus. I have taken many cruises.

Pick aqua class. Blu is much better than the MDR. The food and service is really good. Last week, I ate most meals in Blu. The lunches that I ate in the Buffet and MDR were the worst meals of my cruise. Waited in MDR to take order until all the tables in the area filled. We were at table for 2. We waited almost an hour to get our lunch. It was not what we ordered. They claimed that there were too many people eating in the MDR that day. It rained. On a rainy day, there will be more people in the MDR. The food service should expect this and adapt to it. Excuses are lame. Wish Blu was open for lunch. If my MDR lunch experience was an indication of the quality of MDR, I would never book another Celebrity cruise. I am elite plus. I have taken many cruises.

Which ship? Thanks

I prefer even a C3 to Aqua Class. I just didn't like Blu, although this year I found the MDR had definitely dropped in quality compared to my 2012/2013 cruises. It felt like RCCL dining, which is only 'fine' not 'can't wait'.

Not surprising when you consider that Celebrity's CEO comes from RCI! And it seems like her goal is to make Celebrity into "RCI Lite" or something similar. Ever since LLP has taken over the helm of X we have seen nothing but cut-backs and price increases. While this will likely enhance the bottom line over the short term, in the long term we think the strategy will backfire and badly damage Celebrity's excellent reputation. Although we are Elite Plus and have long been Celebrity fans, we now find ourselves booking other lines and avoiding X unless there are no other decent options. So in a sense X has gone from being our favorite mass market line to our line of last resort.

Hank

Not surprising when you consider that Celebrity's CEO comes from RCI! And it seems like her goal is to make Celebrity into "RCI Lite" or something similar. Ever since LLP has taken over the helm of X we have seen nothing but cut-backs and price increases. While this will likely enhance the bottom line over the short term, in the long term we think the strategy will backfire and badly damage Celebrity's excellent reputation. Although we are Elite Plus and have long been Celebrity fans, we now find ourselves booking other lines and avoiding X unless there are no other decent options. So in a sense X has gone from being our favorite mass market line to our line of last resort.

Hank

I agree Hank. It's no different from when Alex Cruz took over BA after running a low cost carrier (Clickair / Vueling).

We had 7208 BTW!

IMG_2679.JPG

IMG_26781.JPG

We are on Connie cabin 7203 .... brilliant photos. Thankyou. Even more excited now

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app