Luggage

On one of our cruises we met a wonderful couple Jane and Bob. They actually brought in a rolling rack for all of her clothes. This wasn't some small little thing. It was a heavy duty one like you see in the department stores. Wished I had a picture of it. :D

They say, in fine print, 200 lbs. PER PERSON.... I can't think of anyone who needs 200 lbs of stuff for a week!

You obviously don't know my wife!

She even brings a bathmat, so we don't slip in the tub,

They say, in fine print, 200 lbs. PER PERSON.... I can't think of anyone who needs 200 lbs of stuff for a week!

Not all cruises are for a week. First TA I took I was introduced to European, especially British, snowbirds. Leaving on a TA to Florida; spending winter in FL, and returning home on spring TA.

I never saw so much baggage. Plus on board met fellow cruisers who loved the stores, outlet malls, etc. in FL, and were planning on doing lots of shopping. No concern about airline luggage weight.

Not all cruises are for a week. First TA I took I was introduced to European, especially British, snowbirds. Leaving on a TA to Florida; spending winter in FL, and returning home on spring TA.

I never saw so much baggage. Plus on board met fellow cruisers who loved the stores, outlet malls, etc. in FL, and were planning on doing lots of shopping. No concern about airline luggage weight.

Yes, Thank-you. Last 4 years shortest cruise I take is 10nite but on B2B or B2B2B so 22-43 nites every time I cruise, plus a few nites in hotel. Sail by myself, needing same amount cold/warm cloths bring at least 2 large suitcases and carry-on...

The rule of 200 pounds per person, that would equal four 50 pound airline baggage allowance!!

Its amazing to see the amounts of luggage people have. You'll see extreme to minimal. I wish I could be one of those people who can just cruise (7 days) with just a carry on!

I am an over packer, I've gotten better over the years of cruising, but just hate it when we are on a cruise and I say ...why did I unpack that top or shorts or shoes! :eek:

A few years ago we did a NE/Canada on Grandeur.

My Dad and I had to leave the ship with my mother in Halifax. He went in the ambulance while I packed a couple of small bags.

While waiting for a taxi to the hospital, a man was waiting for taxi also,. His wife had fallen and broken her collar bone and was at the hospital. He had one of those luggage carries like hotels have. Filled to overflowing with luggage.

For 2 people on an 8 night cruise.

For cruises, I pack one 28-29" suitcase. It goes on only partially full, leaving me room to add things. :D

When we first started cruising, we took the formal gowns, shoes for each outfit, two outfits a day...one for the port, one for every evening, a few extra for lounging around. jackets, shoes and accessories for everything. The more cruises we went on, the less we carried. Now I see people that carry everything from rolling coolers, hammocks, box fans, hair dryers on stands, their own pillows and sheets, coffee pots, french press, their own coffee and tea, food, their own towels, inflatable mattresses for the beds, gaming systems, pop up picnic table for their balcony, and more,..and these are people that don't have children with all the extras necessary for taking a child... for a 7-day cruise. I don't get it, but if they want to pack it, carry it, haul it, that's their decision. I only have to look for ONE piece of luggage to be delivered to my cabin and I don't spend the first day and the last day setting up and breaking down what becomes a camping site inside the cabin.