Cruising Ducks --- anyone else aware of this?!?!?!

So you all heard about the Tide Pod challenge, deodorant challenge, cinnamon challenge, etc. etc......Anyhow, there's a new "challenge" on the up and rise called "Cruising Ducks!"

Check it out on Facebook, "Cruising Ducks!"

In a nutshell, it's hiding those plastic rubber ducks all over cruises and then posting pictures of your finds on this fb group. Almost like geocaching, but without the high tech. This seems like a really fun, innocent challenge that could involve the entire family. I hope it really picks up.

https://www.********************/1455676077870998/

I just learned about it today from my SIL.....We're going to hide a few on the Adventure of the Seas.....After our late June Cruise, feel free to try to find outs! :-)

This sounds like the Painted Rocks thing that was really popular in my area about 18 months ago. We still find a painted rock occasionally. They all said "(Town name) Rocks!". Cute and harmless, the kids really got into it.

This sounds like the Painted Rocks thing that was really popular in my area about 18 months ago. We still find a painted rock occasionally. They all said "(Town name) Rocks!". Cute and harmless, the kids really got into it.

I never painted rocks, but found four. I left two of them on IOS and two in Jamaica last year. Hope whoever found them knew what they were.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, Mia33496 said:

I am bringing three dozen ducks on my 11/25 Royal Princess cruise. I hope there are some children on board to find them! Printing the tags tonight....they're adorable!!  

This is an RCI thread - you might want to post that in the Princess threads.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

This is an RCI thread - you might want to post that in the Princess threads.

Oops sorry! I thought it was a ducks thread ;-). There might be more children to find the ducks on RCL, but it's just the two of us...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mia33496 said:

I am bringing three dozen ducks on my 11/25 Royal Princess cruise. I hope there are some children on board to find them! Printing the tags tonight....they're adorable!!  

My grandson, 3, has about 20 of those silly ducks. We buy them everywhere. He would lose his mind to find them on a cruise. have a great time with your ducks.

oh and post about ducks on this thread all you want, who cares what ship its in reference to?

• Like 2

I saw the title and was thinking you were talking about real ducks. Last month we awoke to a duck lounging on our balcony in the middle of the sea. Our steward had to come and get it off the balcony as it was having a hard time and sadly, it did not seem the duck was going to make it.....  :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

My grandson, 3, has about 20 of those silly ducks. We buy them everywhere. He would lose his mind to find them on a cruise. have a great time with your ducks.

oh and post about ducks on this thread all you want, who cares what ship its in reference to?

She should post over there too so the people going on her cruise know to keep an eye out! Sounds fun!

21 hours ago, firemanswife2 said:

Then I'll be on Oasis March 3rd. Let me know and I'll re-hide too. Fun!!

OMG! I will also be on O again February 24-March 3rd, so, right before you! After I hide it the first week I'm there on the 3rd,, I'll check to see if it's still there for you! That is, if kathimac123 tells us where she hit it!!! She may make me look for it!! Aaagh!!

2 hours ago, SilkySal said:

OMG! I will also be on O again February 24-March 3rd, so, right before you! After I hide it the first week I'm there on the 3rd,, I'll check to see if it's still there for you! That is, if kathimac123 tells us where she hit it!!! She may make me look for it!! Aaagh!!

Awesome!