Cruising Ducks --- anyone else aware of this?!?!?!

On 6/22/2019 at 9:48 AM, burnsie said:

At the risk of being flamed I can see hiding a dozen or so but the other day someone posted they were hiding 150, that's excessive. 

What would be funny is to secretly follow the person a pick each one up and put them all in a row outside their stateroom.

Edited by PerferWarmWeather
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2019 at 7:00 PM, Sizzlechest said:

Can't wait for the next norovirus outbreak to be traced back to these things. Maybe it would be a good idea to attach a little packet of hand sanitizer to each duck instead of a tag?

Deleted.

For some reason, it started me earlier in the thread.

Edited by SRF

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 6:51 AM, jennyp0208 said:

This sounds like the Painted Rocks thing that was really popular in my area about 18 months ago. We still find a painted rock occasionally. They all said "(Town name) Rocks!". Cute and harmless, the kids really got into it.

No one who spent any time in the military in the fifties/sixties/seventies would ever again want anything to do with painting rocks.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:34 PM, spencersquad said:

I am so excited to find this board!!!!  We are sailing for our second time on Liberty of the Seas on Sept 1st.  Someone in our facebook group brought this up and I had never heard of it!!  It is such a cute idea I will be hiding 50-75 ducks on our cruise as well.  How fun for people to find!!  I cant not believe this has been going on this long!!  :classic_biggrin:

More plastic trash....sounds fun!!!  Not.

• Like 1

First, let's say that I'm hiding around 40 on Anthem December 1st. (Originally was 50, but family members thought they were too cute not to steal some. Lol) For those ppl afraid of norovirus, please ruin your vacay going around wearing rubber gloves, lest the last person who pressed the elevator button was sick. For those worring about plastic waste, don't ever buy any toys. And those worrying about the cruise lines and crew, they have been informed, and they play along. That being said, here you have some of my ducks.

20190908_205630.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

We found one on the Enchantment, on our Early December cruise, and hid it in a good spot, some other we travel with, will be on this ship in a month or 2 and we are giving them hints as to where it may be, and of course it could have been found and relocated, and in that case oh well...

We have 6  to hide on the Oasis in early May, 4 to hide on the Explorer in mid May and 4 to hide on the Symphony at the end of Nov.

All in fun!

🐥

I found one in our cabin on the February 3rd sailing of Mariner.  It was originally hidden on the Halloween sailing.  I posted about it on another site and the person who originally hid it responded.  They did not stay in the cabin I found it in, so no way of knowing when it ended up there.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:11 PM, Bookster99 said:

We found one on our last cruise, which we are taking on our June cruise to free back into the wild so someone else can find her! We are also going to bring our own to hide. Anyone have any tag templates they can share?

There is a cruising ducks FB page (a bunch actually).  The one called Cruising Ducks-Original group has lots of tag templates on it. Left column-Files

Edited by mac66

11 hours ago, AdventureTwins said:

I'll be hiding these cuties on the Odyssey of the Seas this year! I can't wait! It's too bad some feel it's such a waste to spread happiness.  I think it's a fantastic idea! Hope it continues to spread like wildfire! 

If it's cool with your mommy and daddy then don't worry about what others think.

12 hours ago, AdventureTwins said:

I'll be hiding these cuties on the Odyssey of the Seas this year! I can't wait! It's too bad some feel it's such a waste to spread happiness.  I think it's a fantastic idea! Hope it continues to spread like wildfire! 

It was a cute idea when it first started but it seems to have gotten out of control if people are bringing 40-50 ducks.  No longer unique.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Omg this makes sense now. I found one in an elevator on the floor.  Picked it up. Put it on the ledge. Came back day later it was still there. I smiled and took it.  I would have posted picture if I knew. I put it on our tv and we looked at it all week. 

Chatted with the ship's environmental officer while on Explorer. She stated she was aware of the phenomenon and advised against it due to ducks being made of plastic. She also stated Royal will be rolling out updates to their program which will include communications discouraging these ducks.

• Like 1