Blu for breakfast

dgcruises

What is Blu like for breakfast. What are the times and can it be busy. Do most traveling Aqua use it for breakfast.

Have to admit I like my buffet breakfast and the choices but my better half believes we will eat less and healthier :loudcry:

I wouldn't miss hunting for a table at the Oceanview Cafe.

Breakfast in Blu is very good but clearly there are less choices than at the buffet. It is much more relaxed than the buffet but also takes longer.

The hours (actually it is 90mins) that Blu is open for breakfast depend upon if it is a port day the time the ship arrives. On sea days I think it is open 7:30 - 9.

We don’t go often as we prefer to sleep a bit later on sea days.

What is Blu like for breakfast. What are the times and can it be busy. Do most traveling Aqua use it for breakfast.

Have to admit I like my buffet breakfast and the choices but my better half believes we will eat less and healthier :loudcry:

I wouldn't miss hunting for a table at the Oceanview Cafe.

I like breakfast at Blu. It can be busy sometimes, but we have always been seated. I miss the "Mueseli made tableside" since they got rid of it. DH prefers the Oceanview cafe for variety and likes to eat in their outdoor area at the aft.

As for eating less and healthier????? Yeah! only if you can resist the delicious pastries that they keep bringing you!:D LOL. Build up that will power!:D:D

We eat breakfast in Blu maybe half the time. It's nice to sit and be waited on, but the menu never changes. And it also depends on how rushed we are - Blu is better on sea days. But we like the variety of the Buffet. There are healthy choices up there, too.

Not a fan of breakfast in Blu and it can take a while to get out of there. It's nice on the final morning of the cruise because the buffet area is overly congested. Other than that, an omelet made to order in the buffet is as good, if not better than one in Blu and there is a greater variety of what to choose in the buffet. Some swear by Blu for breakfast and some don't like it. It's definitely not crowded.

If you are interested in healthier options, don't forget the Spa Cafe - smaller portions and different than choices offered elsewhere on the ship, plus they have a great selection of smoothies.

I like breakfast at Blu. It can be busy sometimes, but we have always been seated. I miss the "Mueseli made tableside" since they got rid of it. DH prefers the Oceanview cafe for variety and likes to eat in their outdoor area at the aft.

As for eating less and healthier????? Yeah! only if you can resist the delicious pastries that they keep bringing you!:D LOL. Build up that will power!:D:D

Wait - what? No more table-side Museli? I lived for that stuff as the options were much better than the buffet. We just had it within the last year so is the change permanent, just one encounter on one cruise, etc?

Great blueberry pancakes and not crowded. But it is more formal, I like to walking circuits around the jogging track, then go to breakfast, DH didn't feel comfortable going to Blu while warm somewhat sweaty and in shorts. Also does take a bit longer, but can be relaxing

I just finished breakfast in Blu on Solstice this morning. It’s a sea day, and it was open until 9.30. I’m very impressed with the menu, although I can confirm that I haven’t seen tableside muesli happening.

We use it many of the days...but use the buffet if we have an early excursion or want the waffles...

We also have tried room service , usually disappointing.... and go at least once to the Elite breakfast...excellent in Tuscan...great coffee.,.

Although we became addicted to AQ because of Blu for dinner, we don’t go often for breakfast. I am not fond of the early times it is open and I actually love the choice at the buffet. However, sometimes we do go to Blu... in order to eat less :cool:

I just finished breakfast in Blu on Solstice this morning. It’s a sea day, and it was open until 9.30. I’m very impressed with the menu, although I can confirm that I haven’t seen tableside muesli happening.

As we have never had an Aqua cabin, we never had the joy of eating this much talked about "tableside muesli". What exactly made it so special? Is muesli not available in Blu now or is there a much simpler version on the menu?

We've only been on the last day and only on this last cruise. And it was OK, nothing special. We almost always get room service for breakfast. I pay a lot for a balcony I'm getting my moneys worth - lol

Cant remember the last time we went to the buffet for breakfast, just way too crowded for morning time :). I don't care to be around that many people that early.

DH and I enjoy Blu for breakfast. We were concerned the first time we did Aqua that we'd find the choices restrictive, but in reality everything we like for breakfast in the buffet was available (and they were great about special orders/requests). It was nice sitting at a cloth covered table, having the coffee and juice promptly served along with a lovely choice of breakfast pastries, being handed a menu and ordering our breakfast. We often travel just the two of us and when dining in the OVC, although we enjoy the choices we each end up sitting alone at a table with our belongings while the other gets their breakfast, then switching places. In effect we each dine alone. We never had to wait for a table in Blu and enjoyed leisurely dining together being served. We found that even in the buffet with all the choices we tend to gravitate to our favorites, all of which were available in Blu. We expected to try Blu for breakfast the first day and then go back to the OVC for the rest of the cruise, but we never did and never missed it.

Wait - what? No more table-side Museli? I lived for that stuff as the options were much better than the buffet. We just had it within the last year so is the change permanent, just one encounter on one cruise, etc?

:( yeah, gone!

As we have never had an Aqua cabin, we never had the joy of eating this much talked about "tableside muesli". What exactly made it so special? Is muesli not available in Blu now or is there a much simpler version on the menu?

Muesli is available in Blu, they just do not make it at your table side anymore.

We started sailing with X in AQ and done most of our cruises in that class until the price spread over a veranda got to be more than the added value for us.

The buffet has a lot of choices and is self served. Everything that is served in Blu is available in the buffet.

We have also found that the MDR is just as good if not better than Blu for breakfast. We had good service, served the same pastries and juices and the menu had more options.

The Spa Cafe may be a healthier option but is also limited on items offered. The energy bars are great but like anything they may be healthy but that doesn’t mean low calorie. Healthy and low cal aren’t the same.

It is very easy to over eat on a cruise. The sweet rolls, juices, smoothies and etc consumed while waiting for the main dish can amount to more that 1000 calories no matter where you eat. The calories are the same and it is just starting the day off with over a 1/3 of what most people should consume in a day.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I love eggs benedict. In fact I ate it in the OVC last summer EVERY single morning in one of the forms they had it available (they had 3 or 4 varieties and I tried all of them). Will I be able to get an eggs benedict in Blu this summer? Also can I get a latte. If not I will be making a stop at al baccio before we head in!

Can you please tell me what was so special about the muesli?

It was prepared table side 🙄.

Nothing really but many think it it was. The same stuff is available in the buffet along with all the additions that you can customize it with adding what and as much as you want.

We make it at home all the time. You have to use milk, soy milk or etc mixed with oatmeal. If you use water it turns to mush. After mixing you add what you want you let it stand a few minutes or refrigerate overnight as we do. Quick simple breakfast.

We use Quaker Oats, soy milk, various fruits, protein powder, cinnamon, and yogurt.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Can you please tell me what was so special about the muesli?

I'm just not into that Euell Gibbons mix. Nothing special to me.

They had eggs benedict on the Blu breakfast menu on Solstice this past Feb/March.

We were in a suite , but liked to sleep late and missed suite restaurant times almost every day, really loved there buffet great choices and could always find a table , they do a much better job than all the other lines

I love eggs benedict. In fact I ate it in the OVC last summer EVERY single morning in one of the forms they had it available (they had 3 or 4 varieties and I tried all of them). Will I be able to get an eggs benedict in Blu this summer? Also can I get a latte. If not I will be making a stop at al baccio before we head in!

They do very nice Eggs Benedict in Blu. There is one type listed on the menu, but they will make substitutions if you ask, such as smoked salmon instead of ham, or asparagus instead of spinach.

I’ve had a latte in Blu just about every morning on this cruise, but the results have varied from superb to barely drinkable. I think it depends on who makes it. The smoothies have been really good every morning.