Theft from Cabin Safes?

When my safe batteries died:

- I had to be there

- TWO people showed up to repair the safe, one from maintenance and one from security. Was told that was standard procedure.

Know on some Royal ships the Safe tells you when Batteries are low. I get them replaced right away...

Never had an issue with the safe. However once our room did not lock, appearently a battery situation also. Had to wait while someone came and changed them out. No theft but not sure how long the room was unlocked. Check your door as well as the safe.

As others have said they know exactly who has accessed your room thru card readers and cameras. I once had an issue involving a public restroom. They were able to access the tape after the cruise and knew I was telling the truth by looking at who came in and out of the restroom. Kind of creepy but eyes are always watching in public areas.

On the Allure they have cameras monitoring the hallways, they should have been able to watch the footage to identify anyone who accessed your cabin while you were in Labadee.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is electronic data from everyone who entered your cabin via their keycard. RCI know exactly who entered your cabin.

This and this.

There is electronic data from everyone who entered your cabin via their keycard. RCI know exactly who entered your cabin.

Assuming the person who entered wasn't using a stolen keycard that hadn't been deactivated yet.

We need more details on all of this, and the OP hasn't followed up now in over 12 hours.

Just curios, it was a veranda or OV or Inside?. I noted that you can access the veranda of your neighbor and the veranda doors don't have a lock. Other suspicious is the cabin steward. As mentioned nobody from maintenance can access your room if you are not present. We have a drawer with problems and maintenance was looking for us several days until we was in our room they can fix it. They have cameras everywhere, we have a problems with a group of kids in one elevator (oasis), reported it to security, they checked the cameras and know who was causing the trouble, they give us the report 2 or 3 hours latter. I will not leave any valuables in the safe if it is not working ok, its the same as it's open.

You know this, how?

Not all the lock types as used on Allure have logging capability.

I had my ipad stolen on a Princess ship.

They were able to tell everyone who entered the room by their electronic keycard system.....but....

have you ever seen cabin doors left open when cabins are being cleaned while the maid gets a needed item....I have.

As far as the cameras...I demanded to see the film footage but they eventually admitted to me there was NO camera filming in that hallway.

I thought all public areas on all ship had cameras nowadays but obviously not.

I had my ipad stolen on a Princess ship.

They were able to tell everyone who entered the room by their electronic keycard system.....but....

have you ever seen cabin doors left open when cabins are being cleaned while the maid gets a needed item....I have.

As far as the cameras...I demanded to see the film footage but they eventually admitted to me there was NO camera filming in that hallway.

I thought all public areas on all ship had cameras nowadays but obviously not.

So they "said"....meaning....if they showed you a tape of one of their employee's in your cabin.....

Never had a problem with theft from my room or the safe on any cruise ship. On land and land based hotels...yes! But, never on a ship. What kind of an alarm was blaring from your bathroom?

Never had anything stolen. We had several issues with safes and the people who came in said they never enter unless the passenger is in her or his cabin.

Just curios, it was a veranda or OV or Inside?. I noted that you can access the veranda of your neighbor and the veranda doors don't have a lock. Other suspicious is the cabin steward. As mentioned nobody from maintenance can access your room if you are not present. We have a drawer with problems and maintenance was looking for us several days until we was in our room they can fix it. They have cameras everywhere, we have a problems with a group of kids in one elevator (oasis), reported it to security, they checked the cameras and know who was causing the trouble, they give us the report 2 or 3 hours latter. I will not leave any valuables in the safe if it is not working ok, its the same as it's open.

That is ridiculous. Of course there is a lock on the balcony door. :confused:

Wow, very interesting...and unfortunate for you. Thank you for sharing. I will certainly make a point to make sure our safe is working properly.

And like a previous poster stated, I clearly saw SEVERAL cabin doors open at once while cleaning was going on.

Ours don”t have it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lock is at the top of the door but if you don't use it, you can open the balcony door from the outside.

So long as the room door is open (during the daily cleaning), anyone can just walk in and take what they want, so it may not be a RCCL staff.

The only thing I had taken from me was a camera left in a washroom and there were security cameras outside in the hallway (this was during a non busy time, near the viking lounge I think -- so long ago but still fresh in my mind). Security would not review footage. Literally, my wife left the washroom with the kids and ran right backing when she discovered the camera missing, less than 10 min it as gone. So yeah, RCCL security was not helpful for us as well.

I recently had a theft incident on the Navigator.

Doing a B2B but changing rooms I left some cash in my backpack in the cabin. Went to new stateroom at 2pm, no luggage. Two trips to guest services and luggage turns up at 3.15pm minus approximately $300 from my backpack and no hanging garments from the wardrobe.

Apparently they forgot to move my luggage and after security had watched the CCTV, 11 people went into the room during the time my luggage was there.

I had various chats with GS manager, security and Hotel Manager but as they could not prove anyone had been into my backpack there was not much they could do.

The new passengers found my garments still hanging in the wardrobe when they entered the room at 4pm. They phones guest services who then had them moved to my new room.

Pete

Ours don”t have it

What do you mean by ours?

One in your home.

Every balcony doors in cabins on cruises we've been on had a child lock, typically near top, which prevent the door from being opened from the outside the cabin. One shown below is from Anthem.

P3091648.JPG.78cad730af305b618bdb337ae20b20fc.JPG

P3091649.JPG.22ac1e23372041025989f775e2b77a10.JPG

Edited by robtulipe

The lock is at the top of the door but if you don't use it, you can open the balcony door from the outside.

What do you mean by ours?

One in your home.

Every balcony doors in cabins on cruises we've been on had a child lock, typically near top, which prevent the door from being opened from the outside the cabin. One shown below is from Anthem.

We was on the Eclipse on 03/18/18 I don't see that lock. Maybe it's behind the curtains. Sorry if I'm wrong.

We was on the Eclipse on 03/18/18 I don't see that lock. Maybe it's behind the curtains. Sorry if I'm wrong.

It won't hit you upside the head -- You actually have to look for it, but it's there.

Below is a shot cropped from a much larger cabin picture, so sorry for the poor resolution, from our X Eclipse cruise that shows a lock near the top of the balcony doors. Door was open so the part of lock on outer door was behind curtain. It's easy to miss if one doesn't use these locks.

ElipseBalDoor.jpg.d8b9f76ed0d355959480682f2ba8162a.jpg

Edited by robtulipe