Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

Who schedules maintenance in the middle of a Sunday afternoon? Most large corporations would do this in the wee hours of the night.

Royal normally does maintenance starting Saturday night, but it could be that they had so much functionality to remove that it's taking longer than expected.

Royal normally does maintenance starting Saturday night, but it could be that they had so much functionality to remove that it's taking longer than expected.

Yeah my cruise is 49 days away today, so I am not expecting my cruise docs to be ready for a few weeks after they improve the site.:cool:;):')

Most of it seems back but the link for paying off my cruise is grayed out now and I can't click on it. I guess I paid if off without knowing.. good for me.. Ha

The opposite seems to be true for the check in - the Check in link is live more than 90 days out but you get an error when you click on it.

Well when we try to price out any cruise, multiple itineraries, multiple ships and dates, it comes back with no rooms available for 2. Unbelievable.

RCI has been doing this for bit now - quite a few sailings are limited to 3 or more people, for a while.

According to another site all they did was move their computers and computer operations to Virginia

My make payment button is not working either

Surprised they didn't move them to Guatemala with the CSRs.

I was on for about 20 minutes last night from 6:30pm, and then it stalled. This morning it's back down again.

I have a friend who worked on a MASSIVE server move project for Wells Fargo bank. It took a year to move the data and hardware after they merged with another bank. It was planned like a well-oiled machine, and she tracked the moves as they happened. So, I know this kind of thing can be done without impacting the customer.

RCCL's IT department just doesn't know how to get things done correctly. They need software/harware project managers, and obviously don't want to spend the money to hire qualified people. I still say they have farmed out the work to off-shore developers, and have a limited (in number and skills) staff in the US where their data centers are actually located.

The modified check in process streamlined a few things, and also removed some functionality. One good thing, is it stores some information that has been entered for past check ins.

I don’t know why I have to enter my address each time, and on the old system, you could copy information from another passenger. Now I had to enter the same address for my wife and not copy from mine.

Also, I don’t know why they can’t keep your passport info on file. Ours are good through 2026, and we need to enter these each time. I question why the default document type comes up as naturalization papers.

Oh well, we will see what future updates bring.

Sent from my iPad using Forums