Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

On 6/30/2018 at 12:45 AM, WeighAnchor said:

I feel your pain! None of the newer code works on my browser of choice anymore (Chrome). I hate having to switch browsers just to do something on their website. Add to that you can’t select your D+ and above amenities anymore; instead, you have to call to change them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have a list of what the D+ amenities are? 

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from our Allure cruise - remember me?  I was the one who was really ticked off about all of the time i had to spend doing my online pre-cruise registration and having to add our photos.  Well......... that had to be the fastest I have ever boarded any ship.  It was probably 20 minutes from the time we went through the scanner to the moment we set foot on the ship, so I guess all things even out in the end , (and it was a great cruise.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to do some price checks for cruises that we have booked and yet for every search, it lets me get to the room selection, but then I cannot proceed.  It says the room isn't available (and I know there are rooms in the category).  This is for both sailings I have booked and for other cruises (I'm not signed in anyways so shouldn't matter - plus tried incognito).  Anyone else having this same issue?

7 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I'm trying to do some price checks for cruises that we have booked and yet for every search, it lets me get to the room selection, but then I cannot proceed.  It says the room isn't available (and I know there are rooms in the category).  This is for both sailings I have booked and for other cruises (I'm not signed in anyways so shouldn't matter - plus tried incognito).  Anyone else having this same issue?

PS - Issue seems to happen when searching for more than 2 people.  Anyone else?

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

PS - Issue seems to happen when searching for more than 2 people.  Anyone else?

The number of bookings with more than 2 in a cabin is limited and not based on the number of cabins that can accommodate more than two passengers. 

1 hour ago, broberts said:

The number of bookings with more than 2 in a cabin is limited and not based on the number of cabins that can accommodate more than two passengers. 

Yes ...but every single (non-guarantee) search for more than 2 people in a stateroom fails for interior, outside and balcony...including sailings that just opened for 2021.  They are definitely not sold out.  Try it...and let me know if you get one that does work.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Yes ...but every single (non-guarantee) search for more than 2 people in a stateroom fails for interior, outside and balcony...including sailings that just opened for 2021.  They are definitely not sold out.  Try it...and let me know if you get one that does work.

I did try it out. You are quite correct, as soon as I tried to select an actual cabin class it puts up the message. I guess RCI doesn't want to accept online bookings for more than two in a cabin. Very strange.

17 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I'm having the same exact problem. I even called RCCL and they said no one else has reported any website issues. That is why I came on here, to check if anyone else was having the same issue. Their website is a mess.

8 hours ago, broberts said:

I did try it out. You are quite correct, as soon as I tried to select an actual cabin class it puts up the message. I guess Rgave CI doesn't want to accept online bookings for more than two in a cabin. Very strange.

I sure hope they haven't removed the ability to do mock booking for families of 3 and 4 (I know for 5+ you need to call).  I do daily price checks , and two of our bookings are 4 of us in one room. What a pain to have to call in... Maybe they are counting on people not bothering to call and thus lose price drops.  On the flip side though, they may lose sales as some will think they are sold out.

4 hours ago, mkdreams said:

I'm having the same exact problem. I even called RCCL and they said no one else has reported any website issues. That is why I came on here, to check if anyone else was having the same issue. Their website is a mess.

I happened to be on phone twice yesterday with Royal and so asked about the website.  Both times, they said they knew of no issue and no o e has reported anything...doh.

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I happened to be on phone twice yesterday with Royal and so asked about the website.  Both times, they said they knew of no issue and no o e has reported anything...doh.

I sent an email last night. Who knows, I might get a response in a few days.

8 hours ago, mkdreams said:

I called too cause I was having the same problem no matter which cruise & date I chose for more than 2 passengers.  The rep tried it on her end & the same thing happened...no cabins available for any category.  She reported it to her supervisor so the problem could be escalated.  Not sure why they're not aware of the issue.  

Diane

On 12/13/2018 at 6:32 PM, matj2000 said:

The poorly runned RC website has been well discussed over & over on this website.

Pretty much a daily basis.

But whats one more thread today??

Maybe if it continues to be discussed on a daily basis people who are coming to CC to research which cruise line they want to use will see the hassle and use that in their decision process.  

3 hours ago, broberts said:

I sent an email last night. Who knows, I might get a response in a few days.

2 hours ago, dmw1952 said:

I called too cause I was having the same problem no matter which cruise & date I chose for more than 2 passengers.  The rep tried it on her end & the same thing happened...no cabins available for any category.  She reported it to her supervisor so the problem could be escalated.  Not sure why they're not aware of the issue.  

Diane

Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Dear Santa.....

I have been a really good girl this year! 

All I am asking for this year for Christmas is a functioning RC website.  

Sincerely, 

Skiiergirl

The RC website is driving me crazy!!!!!!  It won't let me past "choose a cabin" because it says there are no cabins in that category.  Yet it lists a price.  There are plenty of cabins in that category if you go to other websites (that pull info from RC)!  Then it tells me the C&A number I have entered is not valid.  Yep....it is valid!!! I absolutely HATE having to enter the "personal" info before you get to the screen to "ADD" the extra cost for REFUNDABLE.  Can't they let you add the prepaid grats, refundable deposit, etc BEFORE having to enter the personal info?????

OK....rant over (temporarily)!