Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

3 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Keeps saying check your internet connection....well I have no problem with my internet!

Is this a known problem have not been on  there in a few years! I booked a cruise and wanted to fill out my info.

TY!

I'm currently logged in. I'm using a laptop/windows10/ME. 

• Like 1

Hello,

Something different.

I have 2 x B2B (= 4 cruises) this year.

In the 'good old days' I would check-in via a link on an RCI website that said "Login". The TA having linked the two cruises would have left me with the job of just needing to complete check-in for the first as the 'linking' would have made the RCI system auto-populate the second cruise's check-in details with the info from the first.

Now I cannot complete check-in direct from (or even login to) an RCI webpage but via a Crown and Anchor website, I notice that the check-in details in the second cruise have not been populated with the details from the first.

So my questions to you good people are: Is this the new 'norm' or do I individually have a problem; if the new normal, what function (if any) does 'linking' do?

I have asked the muppets in Guatemala and based on previous experience, they will take so much time to make up some (imaginary) excuse that I'll probably be back by then.

Thanks and regards,

Cublet

2 hours ago, cublet said:

... So my questions to you good people are: Is this the new 'norm' or do I individually have a problem; if the new normal, what function (if any) does 'linking' do?

I have asked the muppets in Guatemala and based on previous experience, they will take so much time to make up some (imaginary) excuse that I'll probably be back by then.

Thanks and regards,

Cublet

I think that as long as you are checked-in for the first of each B2B, you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I think that as long as you are checked-in for the first of each B2B, you should be fine.

Hello,

Thanks - I hope to too.

Also from the past, my Set Sail Pass was about 4 pages long, now it's just half a page - is this new too?

Regards

Cublet

11 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Thanks - I hope to too.

Also from the past, my Set Sail Pass was about 4 pages long, now it's just half a page - is this new too?

Regards

Cublet

Yes, for some ships it looks more like an airline boarding pass now.

10 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Thanks - I hope to too.

Regards

Cublet

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

To be fair... that is a welcome change. The previous setsail pass was a waste of paper and ink!

Incidentally, still cannot pay for an upcoming cruise booked direct and online and we are now within the 90 day window and four weeks to final payment deadline.

Everything else works fine, just no links to make a payment.

21 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

10 hours ago, icsys said:

To be fair... that is a welcome change. The previous setsail pass was a waste of paper and ink!

Incidentally, still cannot pay for an upcoming cruise booked direct and online and we are now within the 90 day window and four weeks to final payment deadline.

Everything else works fine, just no links to make a payment.

Hello,

It could be that RCI IT department are working on the principle that the less they do, the less opportunity there is for a foul-up!

Interestingly, my bookings, via a TA, are giving me the opportunity to make a payment - something a previous TA was more than upset about when I did (as it saved me the then CC fees).

Regards,

Cublet

42 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

It could be that RCI IT department are working on the principle that the less they do, the less opportunity there is for a foul-up! ...

That would require logical thought, which I seriously doubt is possible with the IT department.

• Like 1

I was having problems with my reservation a while ago.  What I found worked for me - when you go to log in, make sure you click the "Stay signed in" checkbox.  My working theory is that when it is changing pages, it is looking for a specific setting in a cookie that is only set when the option is checked.

That being said, another user on our roll call actually called in complaining and they were given the following instructions:

"First she said CHROME is the best browser to use. Then go to the https://www.royalcaribbean.com/ page and change the country from USA to AUSTRAILA ENGLISH, once you do that do not use the log on link , go to the ALREADY BOOKED link and then click on the ONLINE CHECK IN or CRUISE PLANNER links."

I did this and it is probably good that I did as my check-in docs said I was missing some information.

Haven't seen anyone complain....   but i've been trying to log in to the website for 2 days to make a purchase. 

Work computer, home computer, and ipad.... all off them tell me website cannot be found. 

Is it just me??

I get the following message when I try to access their site (never mind trying to log on) using Chrome:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.royalcaribbean.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.fc2bf648.1551401257.94e7525c

If I use Internet Explorer I have no issues.  Very strange.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:11 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Something different.

I have 2 x B2B (= 4 cruises) this year.

In the 'good old days' I would check-in via a link on an RCI website that said "Login". The TA having linked the two cruises would have left me with the job of just needing to complete check-in for the first as the 'linking' would have made the RCI system auto-populate the second cruise's check-in details with the info from the first.

Now I cannot complete check-in direct from (or even login to) an RCI webpage but via a Crown and Anchor website, I notice that the check-in details in the second cruise have not been populated with the details from the first.

So my questions to you good people are: Is this the new 'norm' or do I individually have a problem; if the new normal, what function (if any) does 'linking' do?

Thanks and regards,

Cublet

Hello,

Well the muppets have finally spoken: Clear your cache and cookies!

Perhaps if a real Muppet, eg Gonzo, had replied I might have got somewhere near the truth. Is this an example of what the move to Guatemala Bayley said was a 'great success'?

At least I now have a task for the week-end: Find the RCCL IT Director and tell him/her what I think.

Regards,

Cublet

Hi. My husband and I just signed up for the April 13th cruise on Adventure of the Seas. I wonder if anyone has had trouble accessing the online check in? I got in once to input some info and printed our luggage tags, had to sign out and finish later, but I can't get back in to print our set sail pass. It keeps saying to check later. Thought I'd check here first before calling as it may just be a glitch and I need to be patient. I also read that others had some issues in the past, but I don't know if they are the same issue. Thanks.

My daughter and her friend are sailing on this cruise and i have been unable to print her luggage tags or book the shows.I was able to do anytime dining reservations and the sky thing and the sky diving thing but we are at 49 days and stilll no luck with the above mentioned and one else have experienced the same problems

14 minutes ago, NJEMT29 said:

My daughter and her friend are sailing on this cruise and i have been unable to print her luggage tags or book the shows.I was able to do anytime dining reservations and the sky thing and the sky diving thing but we are at 49 days and stilll no luck with the above mentioned and one else have experienced the same problems

Sometimes it takes a few days longer than 49 days.  I'd give it a week before you call.

Sometimes it takes a few days longer than 49 days.  I'd give it a week before you call.

We are at 46 days, and no luggage tags yet. We can do the check in and get setsail passes.

That is pretty good, since we just booked this last minute cruise yesterday. I suspect the e-docs and tags will be available soon.

I didn’t expect Royal to have anything done that quickly.

Past Reviews post 184

11 minutes ago, Califonria cruiser said:

I booked dinner ressies and a few shows a couple weeks ago for our upcoming April cruise. Now I was trying to modify and add and the program looks different and I can't figure out how to book shows. Anyone else notice? Is it maybe because I am using internet explorer?

Any thoughts?

Jenn

Try the usual: clear cache and cookies, private browsing mode, different browser.

This is a CC website pain post. What is up with the submit replies takes forever now, and even after it posts when you try to post again, the last posting is sitting there waiting for you to submit reply again, which will cause duplicate posts?

jc