Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

12 hours ago, Ethel5 said:

I gotta tell you guys the RCI  web site is the clunkiest cruise line site I have ever seen! It is not user friendly and I can't find the well hidden areas I need!

Couldn't agree more!  Never thought I would say it but the Royal website is actually worse than Celebrity.  Very appreciative that this board exists though for information and advice 

3 hours ago, icsys said:

Will there ever be an end to this 'pain'?

If you book directly with royal you can manage your booking online!

Exceptions to this are guests who have certain kinds of reservations, or who booked through a travel partner.

Unfortunately we do not have any option to pay online, despite booking direct.

(To make a payment, just sign in to your account and follow the “Pay remaining balance” link.)

Anyone else enjoying this problem at the moment?

Yeah this is happening to me also.  I checked in for my April Mariner cruise no problem but trying to make my final payment on my December Adventure cruise just gets an error message.

I have friends that are frequent cruisers on Holland.  They have told me that Holland changed their website too about the same time that RCI did and that they seem to be having similar problems that I am reading about on this thread.  Maybe they bought into the same software.  Due to website problems we spend more time calling for answers but unfortunately the customer service representatives seem to be less helpful too so I am afraid their computer screens must be giving them less information.  Fortunately the cruises are great so it is worth it in the long run and I am determined to be optimistic that it will improve--eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

We are leaving in a week and our luggage tags are not available to print. I called RCI and they have no idea why (surprise!). I was told to call resolutions tomorrow evening. Has anyone ever experienced this?  I’m hoping they are upgrading our room and that is why they are not available lol

Edited by goldgirl2

This isn't something to worry about. Just get them from the luggage porter's at the terminal. Write you're cabin number on them and you're good to go.

We've been doing this since RCI stopped mailing out tags years and many cruises ago. No problems.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BobNoxious said:

I cannot access the Cruise Planner on RCCL website.   Tried multiple browsers, cannot access cruise planner.  Anyone else having difficulties today?

Yup!  I wasn't able to access it yesterday or today.

• Like 1

I had 3 sets of clients this past week whose e docs and luggage tags were not able to print for  cruises coming up for the end of February and early March.  Once you call Royal they have to put in a request for e docs to be issued (that dept doesn’t work weekends) then it’s usually the day after that they appear.  Or as others said, they will make them at the pier.

In my case it was all for the same ship....Adventure.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I had 3 sets of clients this past week whose e docs and luggage tags were not able to print for  cruises coming up for the end of February and early March.  Once you call Royal they have to put in a request for e docs to be issued (that dept doesn’t work weekends) then it’s usually the day after that they appear.  Or as others said, they will make them at the pier.

We leave 3/30 on Adventure and the eDocs still don’t show in the cruise planner. Luckily my husband saved the email that contained them so I could print the luggage tags out. 

1 minute ago, AFwifelife said:

We leave 3/30 on Adventure and the eDocs still don’t show in the cruise planner. Luckily my husband saved the email that contained them so I could print the luggage tags out. 

Interesting.  I have clients in the 24th and March 10th.  I didn’t even get the e mail 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I leave on Adventure in 20 days. I can't print my luggage tags and my e docs aren't even visible.

16 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

This is a long shot but try using another web browser.  I've noted when I can't access somehting or able to print, if I try another web browser, it works.

Or use Incognito in Chrome or New Private Window in Firefox. I couldn't get into Check-in for almost a week before I tried it using New Private Window in Firefox. Royal's crack IT team at it's best.

1 hour ago, Big_G said:

Or use Incognito in Chrome or New Private Window in Firefox. I couldn't get into Check-in for almost a week before I tried it using New Private Window in Firefox. Royal's crack IT team at it's best.

43 minutes ago, Luvmypups said:

It’s a browser issue, if you are using an older version of Internet Explorer it won’t open the luggage tag .pdf. However, if you use Chrome it will. I had the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Incognito/Private window in Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Nothing works. I'm beginning to believe it's our ship (Adventure) per comments from Ken (Ourusualbeach).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Luvmypups said:

It’s a browser issue, if you are using an older version of Internet Explorer it won’t open the luggage tag .pdf. However, if you use Chrome it will. I had the same issue.

In this case it is not a browser issue.  Luggage tags are not issued until e docs are issued.  Royal is having an issue with issuing the e docs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have used Incognito/Private window in Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Nothing works. I'm beginning to believe it's our ship (Adventure) per comments from Ken (Ourusualbeach).

Once I’ve called Royal and they requested the e docs be issued I have been able to print everything the next day.

13 hours ago, Luvmypups said:

Not a browser issue. Royal can’t see them either. The told me it is a technical problem on their end. I’m supposed to get them in an email. Still waiting....

Hi

I have been trying to get onto the site to up date our cruise documents for our up coming cruise and I either get the Royal logo just spinning or it goes to a blank page This has been on going for the last 2 weeks.

I have emailed RCCL twice and am still waiting for a response (guess I will have to call).

I have searched this site with no success for any information  and I am wondering Is anyone else having the same issue or can someone suggest any other way to access these documents.

Thanks so much 

Edited by Alnursu