ONE specialty restaurant on Oasis

I've done multiple searches on this topic but read mixed reviews as dining has changed over the years so I'm hoping to get some opinions from recent experiences.

We usually do traditional dining in the MDR on Oasis and are satisfied with it. However, due to some scheduling conflicts on a port day, we're considering trying one specialty restaurant for dinner both due to convenience and to mix things up a bit. Looking to keep the cost minimal, which leaves us with the 3 cheapest options:

Solarium - Free

Sabor - $22 pp

Giovanni's - $35pp

I like to avoid buffets, so Solarium is at the bottom of the list (however, at the cost of $0, I might warm up to the idea, and I do enjoy Mediterannean).

While Sabor serves the types of food that I do enjoy (at home, so not anything special), is $22pp really worth the value received? $35pp is more than I'd like to spend at Giovannis but if the experience over Sabor justifies the cost, I'd be open to it. The other specialty restaurants are more than I'm willing to spend. Chefs Table at $95pp, are you kidding me?

Obviously with these prices, RCI wants to push everyone to get the Ultimate Dining Package. We're not interested in 7 nights.

That being said, if you had to choose to dine at only one specialty restaurant while being mindful of expenses, which would you go with?

As always, thanks for your advice.

Giovanni's Table, if you *want* to spend money.

Solarium Bistro, if you don't.

There are so few people in that venue at one time that the "buffet" aspect of it is never crowded. You're not standing in line. You just walk up and get what you want. The server brings you your main course.

I enjoy the Solarium Bistro, but I LOVE the Greek-centric appetizer buffet. And when there is baklava in the dessert display...……….I'm in heaven.

Solarium Bistro for dinner was such a great surprise. Dim lighting, the space was quite, it was very nice. The main course, ordered off the menu was hot, fresh and brought out by our server. Salads and sides on the buffet we are very tasty. I recommend it since it's FREE.

Giovanni's is great, can't go wrong with dinner there!

Solarium Bistro for dinner was such a great surprise. Dim lighting, the space was quite, it was very nice. The main course, ordered off the menu was hot, fresh and brought out by our server. Salads and sides on the buffet we are very tasty. I recommend it since it's FREE.

Agree about Solarium Bistro. We ate there twice on our February Oasis cruise. Would thoroughly recommend. As other posters have said, entrée is served and starters and desert are buffet. Ambiance is nice and the buffet lines are rarely, if ever, crowded.

Does your cruise offer First Night Done Right? If so, I would recommend that. The price I last looked was $20 pp. Would further recommend using FNDR to go to 150 Central Park. We were able to go to 150 CP with no upcharge. Others have said that they were able to go to 150 CP at half price. At $22.50 pp it's a steal. If you do FNDR, go to 150 CP upon boarding to change your reservation.

Having to get up and get your own "anything" is still a buffet to me. Although, the food we had (mostly meat on a stick) for dinner at the solarium was quite good. The restaurant was mostly empty and we never felt rushed. I still stand by Giovanni's table. I think the decor, the waitstaff and the food (from apps to dessert) overall were very good. It feels closer (I'm not saying it was)to fine dining. And as much as I love Mexican food, Sabor is just too casual a setting for me, almost like an upscale Chipotle's, Moe's or Tijuana Flats. Royal should put in a To-Go window at Sabor. Serve nachos, taco's and churros to go. I believe it would be very popular!

Hard to go wrong with Giovanni's. I also very much enjoy Sabor (I got their guac recipe and am now a big hit at gatherings at home thanks to it) and am confused at the "no entrees" comment, as there were plenty of entrees to choose from when I ate there in February. But if I had to choose only one, I think Giovanni's would get the nod.

Giovanni’s used to be my favorite rccl restaurant by far, really did not care for it on last few cruises on other ships. I am picky on itilian food coming from nyc and a Italian family. Try chops for lunch really good steaks .

Agree with starrcards, FNDR and go to 150 CP. Have been to Sabor on Allure and it was the worst food ever on any ship specialty restaurant Tried Sabor on Oasis a few months later for chips, salsa, and Margaritas. Absolutely awful, Even the Margarita was bad. Waiter ended up walking over to the freestanding Tequila bar and bring my wife a margarita from there. Maybe someone will chime in as I read that you can purchase 1 BOGO and use it for 2 people at one restaurant. It is also very easy to change the restaurant they pick for you.

Thank you for the feedback everyone. We'll be having this dinner on a port night so unfortunately the FNDR promo isn't what we're looking for. Sounds like Giovanni's it is! The website says to allow 2 hours for the dining, for a party of 2, would you say that's an accurate estimate? I'll be booking this prior to a show.

Thank you for the feedback everyone. We'll be having this dinner on a port night so unfortunately the FNDR promo isn't what we're looking for. Sounds like Giovanni's it is! The website says to allow 2 hours for the dining, for a party of 2, would you say that's an accurate estimate? I'll be booking this prior to a show.

A party of two can probably finish in 90 minutes. Tell your waiter about your time constraint.

Food is always subjective. Never liked 150 CP after two attempts. Ate at Sabor's several times on both Allure and Oasis and always enjoyed it. Food was good and it's nice to sit outside and people watch. Chops is our go to specialty. But when we couldn't get in to Chops we did Gio's and sat outside. The food was very good and sitting outside was private and quite.