Captain [emoji68]*✈️ FUNNY!

Sam.Seattle

We are on the Millennium now with Captain Alex. He tells a joke with his announcements.

Here is day 1 announcement: “Good Morning! The [emoji568] ships position in upright and floating. Does anything else really Matter?

What other funny comments have you heard from the ship’s Captain?

I will be back with updates from Captain [emoji68]*✈️ Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our captain on Equinox (7/28 cruise) only made announcements on sea days with minimal info and no chit chat, no updates as we left port either :(. He was quite the contrast to Captain Tasos who we would stop what we were doing to listen to... Captain invisible made me realize how much we appreciate the more outgoing Captains.

One of our princess captains when he did his captains club presentation it was a well polished comedy routine. He was a Brit, very dry, can’t recall his name. The bit I’ve never forgotten:

“In case of emergency, you know we always tell you it’s women and children first. This is why I keep my mother’s robe and a wig hanging on the back of my cabin door.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forget the Capt’s name, but here are a few:

1. “I made Captain after going to dinner what the Celebrity CEO, and his girlfriend......Later that week, I met he and while.......and for some reason, he immediately offered me a Capt position that required me to go to sea that day!”

2. When introducing his crew, he’d introduce each by name and position: when it was a Greek name, he’d say....’He’s Gleek!’. On down the row he went doing that until he got to one who was Eastern European, and he said his name and just shook his head and said......’Not Gleek!’.

3. During the noon positioning report, he told us our coordinate position, then said, “I really don’t know, that’s what our Navigator told me to say.”

Hilarious.

Den

I forget the Capt’s name, but here are a few:

1. “I made Captain after going to dinner what the Celebrity CEO, and his girlfriend......Later that week, I met he and while.......and for some reason, he immediately offered me a Capt position that required me to go to sea that day!”

2. When introducing his crew, he’d introduce each by name and position: when it was a Greek name, he’d say....’He’s Gleek!’. On down the row he went doing that until he got to one who was Eastern European, and he said his name and just shook his head and said......’Not Gleek!’.

3. During the noon positioning report, he told us our coordinate position, then said, “I really don’t know, that’s what our Navigator told me to say.”

Hilarious.

Den

That is Captain Dmitrios Kavfetzis. He also introduced a Croatian officer as a 'wannabe Gleek.' I think he is the Master of the Edge now.

Our Captain on a Celebrity ship (can't remember which one) was of Scandinavian descent; his hobby was collecting (and playing) electric guitars.

As a featured performer and the house band "front-man" during the crew entertainment evening, he began by explaining that he would be playing a "traditional Norwegian folksong", which sounded plausible until the audience heard the unmistakable first licks of what was to be a raucous rendition of "Sweet Home Alabama" (he nearly brought down the house...)

I loved when Captain Kavfetzis said “People ask what happens if the GPS goes out and I tell them our back up system is called FTOS....also known as Follow the other ship.”

Asking the Captain as we left Bayonne for Bermuda, we just follow Breakaway.

That is Captain Dmitrios Kavfetzis. He also introduced a Croatian officer as a 'wannabe Gleek.' I think he is the Master of the Edge now.

Oh, thanks! And wow, it will be fun listening to what he comes up with on the Edge!

Den

On Solstice earlier this year the captain gave a navigational position one evening and said "if you are looking at the front view on your TV, don't panic - we're not going through a black hole... it's just night time"

When we were on the Summit last year , the captain gave his daily update on the ship's location. One day he said, very seriously, that we were "somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean . "

Ok, not Celebrity, but Royal Caribbean, on a transatlantic, and on about the 6th or 7th day our Captain said pretty much the same thing--"out in the middle of nowhere, nothing much to say today..." Which wasn't funny until lunchtime when all of a sudden the power on the ship went OUT and people remembered what the Captain said 10 minutes earlier. Power back on in less than 3 minutes and then everyone started laughing. Probably in relief. :'):p:')

Thank you for this tread! Unfortunately nothing to add, but I look forward to hear more about Captain Funny!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks to the OP. This really is a "feel-good" thread. Perfect read for when you're not on a ship and want to be!

Captain Leo is fantastic and hilarious (I just can't think of any quotes right now!)

One night in the Eclipse theatre UK comedian Mike Doyle made a joke about Captain Panagiotis and his 10am announcements - he impersonated his thick accent and joked about the water being "deep, very deep".

The following morning Captain Panagiotis went through is usual 10am briefing and at the part when he talked about the water depth he put on an exaggerated accent and said "this is deep,very deep" - there was quite a bit of laughter from passengers.

You had to be there :D

Thanks to the OP. This really is a "feel-good" thread. Perfect read for when you're not on a ship and want to be!

Captain Leo is fantastic and hilarious (I just can't think of any quotes right now!)

We are 300 metres from the nearest land which is directly below us....

The funniest one I remember was with Captain Tasos on his first sail to New Zealand... “I think I know where I am going, don’t worry New Zealand is a very long country, we are bound to hit part of it.....”

From Captain Alex, on the the Summit while introducing his fellow command officers after the muster drill.

I am in charge and I will be the one to issue the abandoned ship order.......if I am not available then my second in command will be in charge and he will issue the order........if for some unknown extreme circumstance we are both not available, my third in command will take charge and issue the required orders......finally, if he is not available then we are having a much worse day than you are!!!

Gotta love Captain Alex....