Does RCI usually run a labor day weekend "sale"?

JAMESCC

Forgive me if I'm reading it wrong...

But it seems to say at the bottom of the terms/conditions that it is only open to new bookings...?

So if I already have a reservation and the price drops (for KSF) I can't take advantage of this sale?

Is that right?

The "new bookings only" nomenclature shows up quite a bit, but they generally don't enforce it. Especially if you have a refundable deposit, they know you can just cancel and rebook.

Like everyone says just book a price that you are comfortable with and don't even look at the sales

That must be why there is 18 years between my first RC cruise and my up coming one 2019. Not that I got a bargain I'm just saving money on airfare since I don't have to fly to port. This will be my most expensive cruise yet and that includes when I had 2 kids to pay for.

If I have already booked one for Dec 1 2019 that includes our Granddaughter. Can I call in and get it changed to reflect the Kids free sale?

Also, on the kids free plan is it just the cruise fare or does it include the taxes, fees and port expenses

If I have already booked one for Dec 1 2019 that includes our Granddaughter. Can I call in and get it changed to reflect the Kids free sale? ...

Yes, if you booked under US/Candian rules.

If I have already booked one for Dec 1 2019 that includes our Granddaughter. Can I call in and get it changed to reflect the Kids free sale?

Also, on the kids free plan is it just the cruise fare or does it include the taxes, fees and port expenses

I think you have to cancel and rebook but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You still pay the taxes and port fees. Just call and they should re-price it if the date qualifies

Great, That just saved me a little money.

In another Cabin we have another grandchild who is 12 years old now. He will be 13 at the time of sailing. I don't imagine that he would qualify anymore, would he.

Royal bases age related decisions by the guest's age on the first day of the cruise.

They like to play with numbers a lot. We booked our Baltic cruise on a 30/30 sale... each guest gets 30% off. The week after, they were touting Second guest gets 60% off...:rolleyes: Exact same price. Lately there have been several 50% off second guest. But we did good to purchase Baltic cruise as soon as itinerary was available because the same cruise and room is now substantially more and no sale is coming even close to our purchase price.

I think Caribbean cruises get better deals as cruises get closer to sail date if they are not full.

dp

We booked our June, 2019 Baltic cruise on July 4, and I have managed to get the price down twice since then, but now it is about $1000 higher and doesn't look like it will be coming down again.. Does anyone know if that's true, or should I keep checking the prices every couple of days? Also, any idea if/when the VOOM and refreshment packages might be on sale? Thanks!

We booked our June, 2019 Baltic cruise on July 4, and I have managed to get the price down twice since then, but now it is about $1000 higher and doesn't look like it will be coming down again.. Does anyone know if that's true, or should I keep checking the prices every couple of days? Also, any idea if/when the VOOM and refreshment packages might be on sale? Thanks!

oops, I should have specified our Baltic cruise is set for August 11th 2019. I have to say I did not check every day, but I did check several times in the first month after we booked and price did not budge. But after that, it started going up, especially the inside cabins. Balconies also went up but not by as much.

dp

Is this happening for you too, Go to the RCCL site this morning, it opens up and says Labor Day sale but before you can click on it it disappears and you can't get back to it.

Jimbo:)

Yes, that is happening to me too. What works for me is to click the PLAN A CRUISE tab along the top menu bar and then select DEALS. It will then bring up the current sale.

At 9:00 AM today our Travel Agent repriced 5 Oasis Class cruises we had booked for 2019. The special on line was $700 off that could not be combined with our C&A discount. Two of the cruises also showed a Florida Residents discount . We saved an average of just over $300 per cruise.

I just checked the pricing again for each of these cruises. The $700 offer is no longer available. Now with our C&A discount each cruise is back to its price that we had previously booked.

At 9:00 AM today our Travel Agent repriced 5 Oasis Class cruises we had booked for 2019. The special on line was $700 off that could not be combined with our C&A discount. Two of the cruises also showed a Florida Residents discount . We saved an average of just over $300 per cruise.

I just checked the pricing again for each of these cruises. The $700 offer is no longer available. Now with our C&A discount each cruise is back to its price that we had previously booked.

Kids sail free started. It's actually a pretty good savings on that deal. Looking at April 27th 2019 Anthem to Bermuda and Boston. It'll be a little cool in Boston I think but Bermuda should be nice. We don't really do beaches so if the water is cold, no loss to us.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk