Nieuw Ryndam - third Pinnacle class ship's name?

HUNKY

So, Wikipedia lists Nieuw Ryndam as the name of the third Pinnacle class ship.

Rumor or fact?

It's on the internet, it must be true!

It would make sense after Nieuw Statendam but nothing official out yet; Nieuw Prinsendam is another possibility since they seem to be going with the "Nieuw" "prefix" now

It would make sense after Nieuw Statendam but nothing official out yet; Nieuw Prinsendam is another possibility since they seem to be going with the "Nieuw" "prefix" now

And what if in time, the new ones get replaced, will they switch to "Nieuwere Amsterdam", "Nieuwere Statendam", "Nieuwere Ryndam" or "Nieuwste Amsterdam", "Nieuwste Statendam" and "Nieuwste Ryndam"? :'):'):')

(For the non-Dutch, this is the superlative degree of new, newer, newest, but in Dutch.)

If it's true I hope they will go with the nautical theme of the last Ryndam. She was my favorite, the "nautical" ship, filled with beautiful artifacts such as magnificent ship models, sextants, compasses, logbooks, bowsprit figures, etc.

• Like 1

If it's true I hope they will go with the nautical theme of the last Ryndam. She was my favorite, the "nautical" ship, filled with beautiful artifacts such as magnificent ship models, sextants, compasses, logbooks, bowsprit figures, etc.
Much more likely that they will follow the "modern" trend of the Koningsdam, with little or none of the above.

I wish they would go with RYNDAM or Prinsendam. Nieuw Amsterdam makes sense as the Dutch named Manhattan Island "Nieuw Amsterdam" Where is Nieuw Statendam, Nieuw Ryndam or Nieuw Prinsendam?

I wish they would go with RYNDAM or Prinsendam. Nieuw Amsterdam makes sense as the Dutch named Manhattan Island "Nieuw Amsterdam" Where is Nieuw Statendam, Nieuw Ryndam or Nieuw Prinsendam?

So do I, Father. Just continue the tradition of placing a Roman numeral behind the name of the ship, when that name has been used before, like the company has been doing since 1908

So do I, Father. Just continue the tradition of placing a Roman numeral behind the name of the ship, when that name has been used before, like the company has been doing since 1908

Me too.

Roy

I'd be surprised if the 3rd Pinnacle Class vessel was named Nieuw Prinsendam. The name Prinsendam is associated with smaller vessels than the newbuild will be.

If HAL decides to follow the thinking of some cruise companies of building smaller, exploration type vessels, reserving the name of Nieuw Prinsendam, or Prinsendam III for that vessel might make sense.

As some others have said, I totally prefer returning to historic roots and use the Roman Numeral system for vessel naming rather than "Nieuw".

Will we see a 4th Pinnacle? One of the officers on the Koningsdam told me HAL has an option for a fourth.

That is my understand. With the exception of the Signature Class vessels, 4 ships of that Class seems to be the most recent building plan.

S Class: Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam

R Class: Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam, Amsterdam

Vista Class: Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam

Will we see a 4th Pinnacle? One of the officers on the Koningsdam told me HAL has an option for a fourth.

I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiink it’s a Carnival option that’s going to P&O but don’t quote me.

Copper, are HAL employees naming the newbuild again?