Bathroom Night Light

leetompkins

Does anyone have a recommendation for type of night light that can be used in the Regal Princess bathroom? We will be doing a New England/Canada Cruise later this month and would like to have some type of low voltage night light for the bathroom at night. Thank you.

I used a night light with a photo cell that turned on when it was dark. The problem with any night light is that the socket in the bathroom is the type where both plugs must be the same. I solved this by going into a large hardware store & one of the employees took a plug adapter & the key guy cut & filed down one side & WOW I had an adapter that would fit into the bathroom socket along with my night light. I always unplugged it in the morning.

Tom😎

Regular night lights DO NOT work on most ships as the power to the outlet is shut off with the overhead lights.

It has been years since I have seen that on a cruise ship. The power to the shaver outlet normally stays on when the main light is off nowadays.

Does anyone have a recommendation for type of night light that can be used in the Regal Princess bathroom? We will be doing a New England/Canada Cruise later this month and would like to have some type of low voltage night light for the bathroom at night. Thank you.

I use these from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Maxxima-Green-Always-Night-Light/dp/B00K8B2MPM/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rp_0_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00K8B2MPM&pd_rd_r=HX13JYR1GD8NG6C1JCFW&pd_rd_w=RaaI1&pd_rd_wg=QHOvr&pf_rd_i=desktop-rhf&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=8c53caca-4ad2-4f2b-968f-c0f705c1ecc5&pf_rd_r=HX13JYR1GD8NG6C1JCFW&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhf&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=HX13JYR1GD8NG6C1JCFW

26989064229_b12f116dc1_b.jpgRoyal Princess Bathroom Night Light

One in the bathroom and one in the cabin

Also use them in hotels that do not have a bathroom night light and my three grandchildren have one in each of their rooms

Howard

I picked up motion sensor lights, they have magnet back so they attach to the wall easily. Don't need to turn on the light. They turn on when you open the door, soft LED lights. Only draw back is it last 20 secs so you have to wave your hand in front to keep it on.

Battery operated tea lights work great and last quite a while. Just enough light to see but not nearly enough to blind you like the actual bathroom light would. Inexpensive and effective, and don't take up much room in the suitcase!

I leave the light on in the bathroom and shut the door, this provides enough light for us to find the bathroom at night easily... either on a ship or in a hotel... something important for us as seniors... not need to pack something extra.

I leave the light on in the bathroom and shut the door, this provides enough light for us to find the bathroom at night easily... either on a ship or in a hotel... something important for us as seniors... not need to pack something extra.

That probably works for most of us without having to pack anything extra. :cool:

We use the Toilet Bowl Night Light. They have 16 colors of light to choose from, use RED, and a flexible arm that we bend over the top rail of the bath shelves. it is motion activated and does not take up an outlet or flat shelf space and works great. Several brands out there all around $10.;p

We use little battery run tea lights with the on/off switch at the botttom. One goes on the bathroom counter at night and the other goes on the top shelf of the closet. Just enough light is provided. This was a recommendation from a fellow cruise critic member and now I won’t travel without. :D

We also use the tea lights..works very well.

We use the Toilet Bowl Night Light. They have 16 colors of light to choose from, use RED, and a flexible arm that we bend over the top rail of the bath shelves. it is motion activated and does not take up an outlet or flat shelf space and works great. Several brands out there all around $10.;p

Great idea! I'm getting the rechargeable one so I don't have to worry about batteries.

They will all work.

One time I got an LED night light at a Mexico Walmart, and it burned out after a day or two.

CaliforniaDon, you purchase a night light in Mexico that was probably made in China how long did you think it was going to work?? I hope you didn’t pay more than $1.00

Tony

Battery Tap lights left over from our RV travels, two levels of light by touching the center button. We keep one on each nightstand, not in the bathroom because occasionally I get up during the night for a reason other than the bathroom.