Your favorite buffet items

KenNBarbie

My custom made omelet and english muffin for breakfast.

Lunch - burger and fries at the Dive In

The last time we were on HAL (Rotterdam) I asked the Omelet cook if he could make me a 3 egg omelet with real eggs (the kind you actually crack). He quietly told me "no" and that he would get in trouble if he used real eggs (which he had). The real eggs were only used for things like over easy and eggs, soft boiled, and eggs Benedict..where they cannot possibly use the homogenized pasteurized goo out of a box. In fairness to HAL it is not just them...but quite a few of the mass market lines are now using commercialized and treated boxed eggs..because they are less expensive and easier to store then crates of real eggs.

Hank

I never miss schnitzel day in the Lido. It's one of my favorite things. I also like the omelette station at breakfast and the pasta station at lunch because you can customize your dish. Some of the individual plated salads this last cruise were really good, especially the ones with chickpeas. I tend to have a bit of this and a bit of that for lunch, so my lunches end up being things like an individual plated salad, a schnitzel, and then rice & beans from the taco bar. Or a hot dog from the Dive In with the side vegetables from the Lido. I love being able to mix and match what I'm feeling each day.

Lox, cream cheese, tomato, onion and capers on a squishy, white bread poppy seed roll.

Crepe with butter, lemon and sugar.

Peanutbutter pie.

Banoffee Pie.

Grab and go sandwiches -esp. egg salad with bacon, and just about anything in the small narrow baguettes.

The last time we were on HAL (Rotterdam) I asked the Omelet cook if he could make me a 3 egg omelet with real eggs (the kind you actually crack). He quietly told me "no" and that he would get in trouble if he used real eggs (which he had). The real eggs were only used for things like over easy and eggs, soft boiled, and eggs Benedict..where they cannot possibly use the homogenized pasteurized goo out of a box. In fairness to HAL it is not just them...but quite a few of the mass market lines are now using commercialized and treated boxed eggs..because they are less expensive and easier to store then crates of real eggs.

Hank

Bummer Hank, I hate that goo too. I had no problem getting real cracked eggs in the PG and in the Lido on the P'dam. but she's a special ship ;)

OP - I love the "sticky buns" at beakfast in the Lido

And I LOVE the lunch in the PG. Well worth the small charge ;)

Breakfast -- have them bring me sticky buns once in a while from the Lido -- we eat in the Pinnacle Grill.

Lunch -- Rotisorre chicken in the Lido.

Dinner is either in the Pinnacle or Tamarind on ships that have this restaurant. Filet in both places.

Desserts -- fortune cookie (Tamarind), Thai donuts (Tamarind), Chocolate Volcano Cake (Pinnacle Grill), souffles -- anywhere.

We also enjoy most of the Asian offerings in the Lido.

During our most recent cruise on the Prinsendam, I asked the sandwich guy if he could make me a club sandwich similar to the one they serve through room service. He did a great job!

--Omelette station, love that they have goat cheese and so many other things to add to your omelette.

--Salad bar, especially love the fresh tuna. Add sesame dressing and it truly is amazing!

--Sushi, incredible variety.

--Eggs benedict. They used to offer 6 different kinds but now only seem to highlight one each day. They are all good!