5/12/2020 Pacific Panama Canal cruise cancelled

1emerald1

I received a very disappointing e-mail from Princess yesterday saying that my Pacific Panama Canal cruise was cancelled due to "redeployment". I was so looking forward to this cruise as I have never sailed on the Pacific Princess before. Does anyone have any insight? Is the ship really being redeployed, or has it been sold?

Pacific Princess is the ship that is used for their World Cruise. One can board in either Ft. Lauderdale or Los Angeles. We took the trip back to Ft. Lauderdale after the WC two times. It was great. I would have a difficult time coming up with another ship that Princess Cruises might use for their World Cruise.

However, Holland America Lines sold Prisendam, another one of the small ships. It might be that Pacific Princess will go that route after the 2020 World Cruise itinerary.

By chance did you ask the rep from Princess if there were alternatives?

Jim

Wow another twist for everyone speculating on Summer 2020 deployments.

So Pacific will be finishing her 2020 World Cruise in Los Angeles on May 12 but the return Panama Canal voyage normally done right after is off. So maybe sailing Alaska that summer? Or is it actually Pacific, rather than Grand, that will be doing summer cruises from Los Angeles for the first time in many, many years on Princess?

Your guess is as good as mine. But if Pacific were actually leaving the fleet 20 months from now I think that info would have leaked long ago. So I wouldn't worry about that possibility. Well only a little...

I received a very disappointing e-mail from Princess yesterday saying that my Pacific Panama Canal cruise was cancelled due to "redeployment". I was so looking forward to this cruise as I have never sailed on the Pacific Princess before. Does anyone have any insight? Is the ship really being redeployed, or has it been sold?

I know that must be a big letdown......

At least it’s far enough away that maybe you can find a good substitute.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rumor is the ship will be sold to Azamara.

did Princess offer ANY compensation?:confused:
Yes, a whopping $15 in future OBC,,,To answer other's questions, I received an e-mail, not a phone call, so no explanation was provided. I have a good relationship with my vacation planner so in a few days I will call him and see if he has any insight for the cancellation. I have been looking at cruises all morning and as of now can't find a good substitute that works for my travel plans and my budget. I guess I'll wait and see when the fall 2020 cruises are announced.

Yes I am very disappointed as I had just refared it to the 3 for free the day before and would have saved over $1,000. Plus, I really want to go on the Pacific.

Yes, a whopping $15 in future OBC,,,To answer other's questions, I received an e-mail, not a phone call, so no explanation was provided. I have a good relationship with my vacation planner so in a few days I will call him and see if he has any insight for the cancellation. I have been looking at cruises all morning and as of now can't find a good substitute that works for my travel plans and my budget. I guess I'll wait and see when the fall 2020 cruises are announced.

Yes I am very disappointed as I had just refared it to the 3 for free the day before and would have saved over $1,000. Plus, I really want to go on the Pacific.

Wow 15 bucks is rather an insult. We are doing our first on the PP and have heard great things about her.

Up to now smallest ship we have been on has about 2000 passengers will be interesting to sail on one 1/3 the size of that

Wow 15 bucks is rather an insult. We are doing our first on the PP and have heard great things about her.

Up to now smallest ship we have been on has about 2000 passengers will be interesting to sail on one 1/3 the size of that

An insult? The cruise was not until 2020. What were you expecting a free cruise? You can't even purchase airfare yet. Amazing what some people expect.

If I book an advertised cruise (even in 2020) and it was cancelled for whatever reason I would expect more than 15 bucks in OBC. I’m a Princess fan (not an apologist) and this seems ridiculous.

One would not have any "losses" to make up for. Hotels and airlines are not able to be booked that far in advance.

This has been standard compensation (for years) for cruises cancelled this far in advance. I had a cruise cancelled 15 years ago with Princess and they offered $25 if I went on one other specific sailing. If I didn't go on that, there was nothing offered. So $15 OBC for any sailing is an improvement over what I received.

I can't imagine expecting compensation for hurt feelings, disappointment and 'time in booking' (what is that, the time researching and deciding on a cruise?) on a cruise that is 20 months away. Assuming your deposits (whether refundable, non-refundable, or FCD) are returned what other costs could have been incurred this far in advance? If you have legitimate costs already incurred, bring it to the attention of Princess.

Just to clarify, I never said I expected compensation. Voljeep asked if I had received anything and I responded that I received $15. I never asked for it or expected it. The intent of my post was to advise others of the cancellation and to inquire if anyone had any insight as to the future of the Pacific Princess. It's a shame that something that simple can be so stupidly misconstrued.