Swingers and Pineapple Door signs

AZDivers

8 hours ago, KuffMUp said:

So on our last cruise, I wore a pineapple decorated sun dress to dinner on our last night.  Having pleasant conversation with the table mates when all of a sudden a man asked, "What are you doing after dinner?"  OMG!  It must be the pineapple dress!  It is true what I read on Cruise Critic!  How do I reply?  Where do we do this?  What about your wife and my husband?  Where is a darn vanilla bean necklace when you need one?  A million scenarios swirling through my head!  Feeling butterflies in my stomach like a girl at the junior high sock hop in anticipation of being asked to dance.  So, I took a deep breath and sheepishly replied, "Packing?".  

My husband tells me it was an innocent question.  "But, it has to be true! I read it on Cruise Critic.....", I said.    He then reminded me about the Butterfish I read about and how I should name the trivia team "Butterfish Squirts".  That didn't go over with the trivia team.  I reminded him that we did find the bananas near the ketchup and mayo, just like people on Cruise Critic said.  And all those private party excursions not sponsored by the cruise ship?  They all turned out well just like people wrote on Cruise Critic.  He wasn't buying it.

LoL. Be sure for your next cruise you have more pineapple clothing, see how it plays out. 🙂

When you do, be sure to report back here how it all worked out. 🙂

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wear pineapple patterned clothes on vacation all the time, I have a pineapple tattoo, my husband has a pineapple Hawaiian shirt... we’ve never been propositioned. Should I be offended? I’ve never heard of this pineapple thing before though, and I wouldn’t call myself vanilla. Maybe it’s an American thing! 

• Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, gaylemh said:

On one of my recently booked cruises, I can't remember which one, in the F B group, someone posted a message about a swingers group meeting in Boleros. This was a regular cruise. Everyone thought it was a joke and the person got very upset, when people were telling him not to be posting things like that in the group. His comment was you would be surprised if you knew what went on during a cruise. Apparently there are groups that meet on all the cruises according to him. Someone that is apparently also going did mention the pineapples on the door.

Edit: It's the November 25, 2019 cruise on Anthem. If anyone wants to read the thread on F B.

I can't find the group on F B... can you please tell me how to find it?

Edited by catvonbee

On 9/25/2018 at 9:46 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

First I am hearing of the pineapple/swinger .

There actually are adult private full charter cruises where, according to this thread, pineapples must are plentiful.

I really want to know if the pineapple is a swingers symbol, but really don't want to have that Google search on my computer or phone! In the south, the Pineapple is a symbol of southern hospitality and is used often in decorating.

M

I learned this when cruising on the Mississippi on the American Queen.  I also learned said pineapple stayed out during the visit and once it started to ripen and smell, that was time for guests to leave.  😉

A quick search:

Bizarrely, the website identifies pineapples as another swinger signal – in the form of a door knocker.

They may look sweet and innocent, but it turns out garden gnomes are a likely indicator that the resident is into swinging.

An estate agent in the US found this out the hard way, when their client was warned off buying in a “huge swinger community.”

Urban Dictionary -

upside down pineapple
The pineapple represents hospitality and welcoming. A pineapple is placed on a porch or mail box by swingers to signify that a swinger party is going on. A pineapple is turned upside down when a person is in search of a swinger party. Originally it was turned up side down in the individuals shopping cart. But pineapple popularity has made it accepts on clothes and other items. Swingers use this symbol to identify each other in public.

Another -
Pineapples: A Swinging Good Time?

They do say no one knows what goes on behind closed doors – but is your neighbor giving out secret clues that they’re a swinger?

The pineapple represents hospitality and welcoming. A pineapple is placed on a porch or mailbox by swingers to signify that a swinger party is going on. A pineapple is turned upside down when a person is in search of a swinger party. However, originally it was turned up side down in the individuals shopping cart.

Pineapple popularity has made it accepts on clothes and other items. Swingers use this symbol to identify each other in public. Apparently, a pineapple left on your front door in the middle of the night is (in today’s time) actually a request or invitation to join the swingers!

Apparently Pampas Grass is another sign.  Or a black ring worn on the right hand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So earlier this year, I went to Kohl’s for a colorful shirt for a party. I didn’t buy this one, but tried it on for the laughs.

Could you imangine if I had and wore it around??

LOL

F7C63E76-D999-4645-BD32-DECB1841985C.jpeg

• Like 1

As most folks living in the central Florida area can attest, The Villages is quite an "active" community. One of their "tells" is the display of bath "scrunchies". They have little ones on their key rings and also fly them from the antenna of their cars and on their golf carts( you can go anywhere in the villages via golf cart). 

And just when "we thought it was safe to go back into the water" hehehe. Our 30th March 2019 Ovation of the Seas sailing!

https://eroticadulttravel.com/event/adult-travel-lifestyle-group-cruise-from-sydney-australia/?fbclid=IwAR1PG_4cEiQ2QUhVH8tUvsglZ_yEfM-1a0tgOKzF-ePQR-6xbe3f7rlUYAc

There has been quite a lot of mirth around this, on the other large social networking site groups setup for this date which I've subscribed too.

All good - to each their own 🙂 🙂  I'm just telling my wife to avoid anything with pineapples 😉 

5 hours ago, toinoi said:

And just when "we thought it was safe to go back into the water" hehehe. Our 30th March 2019 Ovation of the Seas sailing!

https://eroticadulttravel.com/event/adult-travel-lifestyle-group-cruise-from-sydney-australia/?fbclid=IwAR1PG_4cEiQ2QUhVH8tUvsglZ_yEfM-1a0tgOKzF-ePQR-6xbe3f7rlUYAc

There has been quite a lot of mirth around this, on the other large social networking site groups setup for this date which I've subscribed too.

All good - to each their own 🙂 🙂  I'm just telling my wife to avoid anything with pineapples 😉 

I would be looking around to try to identify the special lanyard. 😄

On 3/3/2019 at 10:32 PM, tutzig said:

So earlier this year, I went to Kohl’s for a colorful shirt for a party. I didn’t buy this one, but tried it on for the laughs.

Could you imangine if I had and wore it around??

LOL

F7C63E76-D999-4645-BD32-DECB1841985C.jpeg

Love it!  My DH almost bought one 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:30 AM, toinoi said:

The question is will she listen, or will she sneak a pineapple? 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...