D+ Benefits Reduced?

JMG

I just read in 2 different places that D+ perks are being reduced.  It has always been that D+ were allowed in the Concierge Lounge BUT...they are now creating Suite Lounges and D+ are not eligible for this lounge.  SO, are D+ now being excluded from the existing Concierge Lounges?  We typically find the D Lounges to be full and often overflowing, so the option to go to the Concierge Lounge was always nice.

This is not a deal breaker for us but will help us plan for our December Cruise.

Thanks!

It wouldn't surprise me if access to C lounge may vary by how many D+ people there are aboard that may occupy it. If it's not a lot, then letting D+ have access is not a big deal. If it's many hundreds,  the lounge may have difficulty accommodating D+ on top of the suite guests. 

23 minutes ago, hellsop said:

It wouldn't surprise me if access to C lounge may vary by how many D+ people there are aboard that may occupy it. If it's not a lot, then letting D+ have access is not a big deal. If it's many hundreds,  the lounge may have difficulty accommodating D+ on top of the suite guests. 

No evidence they have done anything like that yet. On our last cruise on Explorer, there were so many D and above onboard, the nightly D event was moved to the Star Lounge. We still had access to the C lounge.

4 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

No evidence they have done anything like that yet. On our last cruise on Explorer, there were so many D and above onboard, the nightly D event was moved to the Star Lounge. We still had access to the C lounge.

While that says a lot about the number of Diamonds, I'm not sure how that tells you how many D+ cruisers were aboard. 

30 minutes ago, hellsop said:

It seems to vary with the class of the ship, which of course also determines how many suite passengers there are on the ship.  Therefore, it started with the Concierge Clubs on the Oasis and Allure being replaced by Suite Lounges and then the newer Oasis-Class ships were built with only Suite Lounges and no Concierge Clubs.  Then they started doing the same replacement on Voyager and Freedom Class ships.  However, at least so far, they have left the Concierge Clubs alone on Radiance, Vision and Quantum Class ships and Diamond Plus members are still admitted to those Concierge Clubs.

This is nothing new suite lounges have been around for at least a couple of years, but MOST ships still have concierge lounges. I am really happy to see suite lounges , remember my first time in a full suite on navigator I could not even find a seat on some visits. Looks like they will be converting freedom and voyager class from concierge to suite lounge during retrofit. 

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

On Anthem August sail, D+ were allowed in both the D & C lounges.  On the April Allure sail they were allowed only in the D lounge.

The Anthem does not have a Suite Lounge.  The C lounge is for D+, P and suite guests.

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I wonder how many perks will be left when we finally make D?

The current perks  are more valuable then when I became D.  I remember when I became D my next cruise was on the Serenade and only wine (R&W) and some nuts were given in the lounges.  Beer and anything else was for pay.

• Like 1

We just got off Anthem and used the CL as D+.  We've also used it on Grandeur.  Ships with suite lounges do not have CL's so we use the DL's on those.  Nothing has changed except they have put SL's on specific ship classes and on those only suite passengers and Pinnacle's can use them.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The current perks  are more valuable then when I became D.  I remember when I became D my next cruise was on the Serenade and only wine (R&W) and some nuts were given in the lounges.  Beer and anything else was for pay.

That was when it was just a "Diamond event" and there wasn't an actual Diamond Lounge..  That was our experience when we made D and cruised on EX a few times before the lounge was added.

Edited by BND

7 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

The Anthem does not have a Suite Lounge.  The C lounge is for D+, P and suite guests.

Dennis, I'm not sure that you are responding to the right post as I never mentioned any Suite lounge in mine

I guess that even though I am a Diamond Plus cruiser, I had/have no interest in going to the Concierge Lounge after Royal Caribbean set up Diamond Lounges.  I don't have the need to have someone cater to me or have someone make all my reservations etc.

I do; however, wish that those in suites would stick to the Suite Lounge, even if Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle as the ships I sail have full Diamond Lounges and having those from suites sit there for hours means I might not have a place to sit and enjoy fellow members.  I realize that my opinion is not one that most will agree,  especially Royal Caribbean and they make the rules.  Oh well!

4 minutes ago, BND said:

That was when it was just a "Diamond event" and there wasn't an actual Diamond Lounge..  That was our experience when we made D and cruised on EX a few times before the lounge was added.

Yes, and now it's the D lounge with the overflow to the RVC lounge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I guess that even though I am a Diamond Plus cruiser, I had/have no interest in going to the Concierge Lounge after Royal Caribbean set up Diamond Lounges.  I don't have the need to have someone cater to me or have someone make all my reservations etc.

I do; however, wish that those in suites would stick to the Suite Lounge, even if Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle as the ships I sail have full Diamond Lounges and having those from suites sit there for hours means I might not have a place to sit and enjoy fellow members.  I realize that my opinion is not one that most will agree,  especially Royal Caribbean and they make the rules.  Oh well!

I went to the CL because on the Anthem it ahs a much better view than the DL.  Stopped going because at 5PM it got very hot and because it is located at back of ship it got very hot.  Also, it's was a good walking distance from our cabin at mid-ship and my better half has some mobility issue.  You could go to the CL and you are not forced to have anyone catered to you.

1 hour ago, Robo1098 said:

I don't think I will ever get to D+ but I don't like seeing peoples expectations when they do reach that status being reduced.

We made D+ right before this all happened with changing the CL to Suite. I am probably one of the few that agree that it's very sad that after finally making D+ we seem to have been demoted and our loyalty disregarded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

On Anthem August sail, D+ were allowed in both the D & C lounges.  On the April Allure sail they were allowed only in the D lounge.

You can not compare the 2 ships.

Anthem has a D lounge and a C lounge.

Allure has a D lounge and a suite lounge.  Allure does not have a C lounge.