Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

1 hour ago, kearney said:

You are an early riser. VT thank you so much for all of your input on the many questions... some probably odd ... that I have posted. I really appreciate your help. I can not recall if your cabin has a sofabed or the lounge. You noted that the sofa could not be moved. Do you know if those lounge alternatives to the sofa bed can be moved? I ask because I was thinking about bringing bed risers to lift the lounge about 3 inches or so.. I thought that might make it easier for DH to use. Won't bother if they too can't be moved. The sofas. from what I recall ... look low to the ground and solid... the lounges are on thin legs... so I just assumed they could be moved...

I’m sorry, the couch CAN be moved in this cabin. I was up moving it to check two nights ago.😀

2 minutes ago, kat228 said:

Thank you for posting photos of the ocean view! That’s what we’re currently booked in and photos of that cabin have been hard to come by. 

A very very sincere thank you for sharing all of this. ❤️❤️

It’s a beautiful cabin - the lifeboat is there but you can see the ocean and will have tons of light.

• Like 1

Great  job...thanks.....

Would love to hear what you liked the most in the Thermal Suites? 

After seeing the pics , seems the AQ upcharge  is worth it, esp if BLU is good,( do not like the tables next to lobby curtain)

I am feeling  much much better about the cabins.....your photos were a big help!

Enjoy your day!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info on using tge premium package and the pics of bed by balcony. Cabin 9257, which is also A2 is available and seems to have bed by bath and I have been goingback/forth about switching. My husband likes the higher floor and told me to stop stressing about it! Lol

Maybe I will wait till after final pmt and see if more A2 on port side open up.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:28 PM, vtcruising said:

Kierney, they have a high shield behind Mr Edge’s butt so no one can fall off the ship - Lao he is way too tall to put someone on:classic_biggrin:. You can sleep tonight!!

we had pictures taken with him- he’s a rock star here!!

A6692A60-70F9-44A4-8EAF-B6BCE60504D5.thumb.jpeg.ef2661a14fec6ccc75f4a0999dc82cf7.jpeg

If Cruise Life Rick ever sails the Edge, we know he will end up there for a photo 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Vt, have you had a chance to see a Sunset Veranda cabin? If so, what did you think of it? Did it have regular balcony doors? Thanks!

Or an Aft S1..?

There have been so many posts, perhaps I missed the photos?

• Like 1

vt - 

Thank you so much for the measurements.  However, I think you misunderstood when I asked about the bathroom shelves.  I meant the shelves INISDE the bathroom (not the cubbies outside the bathroom.  Though that was also helpful.) :classic_wink:  The ones on either side of the sink like in the following photo. Measured inside the metal rings. Since you are already out of that stateroom, I guess it is too late to get those measurements. (Has it already been two days!  Time flies.)

Enjoy your suite!

2DDBC86A-8C06-47DB-95AA-62AD33B75E24.thumb.jpeg.a84316654619cfb34d738621456b5263.jpeg

Edited by Iamthesea

Wow, the terminal looks very nice... especially for suitees. But if you pay such high premiums... you really should get nice treats. You know I went back and reread your info on scooters. I was confused by your post. I did not think you could get a scooter past the bed... I thought the distance from bed to wall... would be less than 20". On harmony of the seas... it was too narrow to allow scooter to pass.  But rereading it... it sounds like you can get a scooter past the bed. That is better than I imagined. That also suggests the cabin might be a tad wider than Harmony... say 4" or so. Cool

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Sitting in terminal waiting for ship to be cleared so we can go back on. I’m in Retreat part of terminal. Pretty suite!!!

VT-- the retreat area looks awesome! So just to confirm-- for your b2b- you switched from a veranda to a suite now so you're able to go in there for check in? that's awesome! On Dec 9 I'm in Aqua and then we switch to a Sky Suite Dec 16th-- so nice to have this available! Curious how long the process will take for you this morning! 

Marilyn,

Thank you for all the wonderful photos. I usually arrive at port close to when rooms open, but for this trip I'm getting there early. Gotta enjoy every minute of my suite perks while I can.

Hope you are getting the opportunity to ENJOY your time on the ship. Once again, thanks for providing all this detailed info and photos.

toni

• Like 2

Marilyn,

Thank you for the pics of the Panoramic Oceanview, that'll be ours next week and the IV in Jan!

Do you have any idea how much the cabana's go for?  Wondering for my group in Jan, didn't see it on cruise planner?  Might be more than my budget but would be fun for a couple hours, to accommodate some of us?

Thanks so much for all the info, loving it and will be there next week!!!

Marilyn - many thanks for all your time and effort to respond to our questions! Thinking back to your Thermal Suite experience, do the changing areas just have lockers, or are there showers and a sauna like in the S class ships? Please enjoy the rest of your wonderful Edge experience!

37 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Marilyn - many thanks for all your time and effort to respond to our questions! Thinking back to your Thermal Suite experience, do the changing areas just have lockers, or are there showers and a sauna like in the S class ships? Please enjoy the rest of your wonderful Edge experience!

And if so, are they open to all or just Thermal Suite users?

39 minutes ago, twodjs said:

I saw a video tour on Youtube yesterday and there are lockers and showers--its gorgeous! The sauna is outside the changing areas and is included in the thermal experience. I believe they have identified that one as "desert" 🙂

On 11/24/2018 at 1:33 PM, vtcruising said:

Right now, I am typing on my laptop and have a great view of the ship and my S1 on the 1st. I’m in heaven! For those who wondered about the Hilton, it looks in pretty good condition so far – this is a Tower Water View King room. It’s a good thing we arrived early as they had us in a room facing the other way – I asked for a port view and she moved us to this one. The DH is taking a nap while I send out the first installment and then we will head to the terrace for lunch. Here are a few pictures of the room:

image.thumb.png.b1eb36399d573ca5b77dbb08a1755b10.png

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing review!  We have the same room type at this hotel booked in April.  What room number were you?  Love the view!  Wanda

20 minutes ago, sheltielover1973 said:

I saw a video tour on Youtube yesterday and there are lockers and showers--its gorgeous! The sauna is outside the changing areas and is included in the thermal experience. I believe they have identified that one as "desert" 🙂

Was this video part of a longer video of the ship reveal? I haven't found any video anywhere that shows a locker room or changing area on Edge.