RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

I have the same offer on the same ship same rooms.  I’m sure I won’t get it but I did it anyway. My bid was 150.00. And I only did it because I’d never don’t it b4 and what the heck lol.  

31 days and counting. 

1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

I have the same offer on the same ship same rooms.  I’m sure I won’t get it but I did it anyway. My bid was 150.00. And I only did it because I’d never don’t it b4 and what the heck lol.  

31 days and counting. 

I've won 3 out of 4 Royal Up bids. And, I only bid minimum, or close to it.

So funny turn of events. 

I went online to price out the Ultra spacious room and it said none were available for my sailing so I wanted to compare the price to the next level up which was junior suite. Again the site showed none available. I also checked my category of room and it showed the prices had went down just a little so I called royal. I was told because I am past final payment date they couldn’t do OBC but he could upgrade me to a Junior Suite on the same deck for the price I paid for the standard balcony. I am super happy now not having to do the Royal up and for a bigger room in the area I wanted to be in without spending anymore money. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

So funny turn of events. 

I went online to price out the Ultra spacious room and it said none were available for my sailing so I wanted to compare the price to the next level up which was junior suite. Again the site showed none available. I also checked my category of room and it showed the prices had went down just a little so I called royal. I was told because I am past final payment date they couldn’t do OBC but he could upgrade me to a Junior Suite on the same deck for the price I paid for the standard balcony. I am super happy now not having to do the Royal up and for a bigger room in the area I wanted to be in without spending anymore money. 

What's really great about that, is that now you will also receive double C&A points for the sailing.

Congrats, on your awesome score!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

Going from which cat cabin to which?  

Most recently, on my Oasis Halloween cruise. Went from Central Park balcony to Oceanview Balcony.

Prior to that, OV Balcony to Junior suite on Navigator 2019 New Years cruise.

2 others prior to those.

10 hours ago, BeachChik said:

I didn’t do royal up. I called and was able to upgrade myself. 

Huh wonder if I should call.   Did you use a TA or book yourself? 

I booked with a 3rd party.  

Just wanted to come back and update my situation if anyone was following from earlier looks like this got super long or even might have been merged but here's a quick update;
Booked a guarantee inside for the first time, there was big price differences in the room category and this being an 8 night right after the holidays i was watching my spending. 
after i found out what room we were assigned i wasn't thrilled, ended up in a connecting room(not with ppl we know), deck two all the way at the front.
got the royal up email 45 days out and had the option to bid on, promenade view, ocean view, or balcony. now the mins for promenade view and ocean view rooms were only $50pp. and the balcony min i believe was $100pp.
Now im someone who is going to make the most out of my vacation and really wouldn't mind if we ended up in our original room, we are going with a bunch of people and wont be spending much time at all in the room.
i threw the minimum bid on all 3 fully not expecting to get any of them. (i track my prices and prices of other rooms on the sailings so i know at those mins i would be getting a killer deal if any were excepted.)
so now as of today we are 8 days from sailing and while making all my bill payments so i have no worries while we are gone i see and hold on my booking credit card from royal for $100. so i swing over to my email and i haven't gotten an official royalup email I did get an email with all new set sail documents with the new room number, deck 7 promenade view room! 

this was my first time doing a RoyalUp bid and while i know i probably got lucky getting the upgrade only bidding the min i wanted to come and say its not unheard of !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EDiamond22 said:

Just wanted to come back and update my situation if anyone was following from earlier looks like this got super long or even might have been merged but here's a quick update;
Booked a guarantee inside for the first time, there was big price differences in the room category and this being an 8 night right after the holidays i was watching my spending. 
after i found out what room we were assigned i wasn't thrilled, ended up in a connecting room(not with ppl we know), deck two all the way at the front.
got the royal up email 45 days out and had the option to bid on, promenade view, ocean view, or balcony. now the mins for promenade view and ocean view rooms were only $50pp. and the balcony min i believe was $100pp.
Now im someone who is going to make the most out of my vacation and really wouldn't mind if we ended up in our original room, we are going with a bunch of people and wont be spending much time at all in the room.
i threw the minimum bid on all 3 fully not expecting to get any of them. (i track my prices and prices of other rooms on the sailings so i know at those mins i would be getting a killer deal if any were excepted.)
so now as of today we are 8 days from sailing and while making all my bill payments so i have no worries while we are gone i see and hold on my booking credit card from royal for $100. so i swing over to my email and i haven't gotten an official royalup email I did get an email with all new set sail documents with the new room number, deck 7 promenade view room! 

this was my first time doing a RoyalUp bid and while i know i probably got lucky getting the upgrade only bidding the min i wanted to come and say its not unheard of !

Congrats to you. Enjoy your cruise. We just booked my daughter and her boyfriend in a Promenade view room.

• Like 1

We are traveling the beginning of Feb 2020 on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. We received an email saying we could participate in the Royal Up program meaning we could upgrade our current room to a different room by bidding an additional monetary amount. Has anyone participated in this? Not sure how much to bid per person for a Grand Suite. Is there an amount you’d recommend per person? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Megvroeg said:

We are traveling the beginning of Feb 2020 on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. We received an email saying we could participate in the Royal Up program meaning we could upgrade our current room to a different room by bidding an additional monetary amount. Has anyone participated in this? Not sure how much to bid per person for a Grand Suite. Is there an amount you’d recommend per person? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you! 

The email you received should list the minimum amounts to bid. Anything beyond that would be entirely your decision. And you are not paying to upgrade, you are paying for the possibility of an upgrade. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

I just received an email for the RoyalUp program and have a question.  Currently we are booked in a Guarantee Neighborhood balcony on Symphony of the Seas for Feb 29.  They are offering bidding for a Junior Suite, Ultra Spacious Ocean View Lg Balcony, Spacious Ocean View Balcony and Ocean View balcony. My question, is do they ever change the bid options closer to the cruise?  We were lucky to stay in a Crown Loft last time on Oasis, because we got an amazing deal, and were hoping to get an offer for any Sky Class Suite.  Now that I’ve tasted the suite life, it’s hard to go back lol. 

34 minutes ago, Littleone15 said:

I just received an email for the RoyalUp program and have a question.  Currently we are booked in a Guarantee Neighborhood balcony on Symphony of the Seas for Feb 29.  They are offering bidding for a Junior Suite, Ultra Spacious Ocean View Lg Balcony, Spacious Ocean View Balcony and Ocean View balcony. My question, is do they ever change the bid options closer to the cruise?  We were lucky to stay in a Crown Loft last time on Oasis, because we got an amazing deal, and were hoping to get an offer for any Sky Class Suite.  Now that I’ve tasted the suite life, it’s hard to go back lol. 

From what I have gathered and from our own experience, the original cabin you are booked into determines which categories you can bid on at that time (may be different at different times.)  I was told the higher cabin you start with, the higher your options to bid are. 

On our last cruise, we were in an ultra spacious with large balcony and were given the options to bid on the jr suite, crown loft, grand, and owners suites.  Our son was in a boardwalk balcony and he got the same options you have now. The options never changed. 

We bid just over minimum on the CL for us and the Jr suite for the kids, won the CL, didn't win the jr suite.

We were so spoiled by the CL that for an upcoming family cruise we just went ahead and booked the same CL suite and put the kids (married adults) in a jr suite.  We weren't going to gamble on getting the CL this time 😊  

Edited by cured