RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

19 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I’m in a grand suite on Odyssey in Feb, and had the opportunity to bid on several higher levels of suites.  I’m assuming that nothing higher than my level is not showing as available to book, my odds of getting a royal up is low?…

Not always the case.  It wont hurt to give it a try.  There is no rhyme or reason as to how the upgrades happen.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I’m in a grand suite on Odyssey in Feb, and had the opportunity to bid on several higher levels of suites.  I’m assuming that nothing higher than my level is not showing as available to book, my odds of getting a royal up is low?…

With the usual amount of last minute cancellations and the probability of Covid cancellations, staterooms will for sure open up by February.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boscobeans said:

With the usual amount of last minute cancellations and the probability of Covid cancellations, staterooms will for sure open up by February.

Agree.  We had a CLS on the oasis and were able to bid up even though all big suites seemed booked- we did get the upgrade!!   However we also canceled at the last minute.

11 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

There's no telling.  There were a LOT of CL's left for our Harmony sailing and I did not get one (bid low) and another CC member did not get one (bid a fair amount I believe) so who knows

• Like 1

Question: for our upcoming Anthem sailing, we’re considering bidding on an upgrade to a grand suite. We’ve already purchased the beverage package +Voom internet.

Since voom is included in a grand suite, if we won the upgrade, is this credited back to us in some way? Normally I’d assume they just refund what you paid for Voom, but if it’s part of a combo package, is there some set rate they credit you back with? 

3 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Question: for our upcoming Anthem sailing, we’re considering bidding on an upgrade to a grand suite. We’ve already purchased the beverage package +Voom internet.

Since voom is included in a grand suite, if we won the upgrade, is this credited back to us in some way? Normally I’d assume they just refund what you paid for Voom, but if it’s part of a combo package, is there some set rate they credit you back with? 

If they give you enough notice that you have won the upgrade, you can cancel the package yourself and receive a refund to your credit card and repurchase just the drink package.  If, however, there is not enough time to cancel before the cruise, you can cancel once onboard, but your refund will be OBC.  There is no way to cancel only the Voom portion of the package.  If you cancel, you will cancel both the internet and the drinks.  You would have to purchase the drink package onboard (assuming you weren't able to do any of this prior to boarding) at the onboard price, which is almost certainly more than what you would have paid through the CP.

Good luck with the upgrade !  I am not a particular fan of the GS on the Q class ships but it would still be a nice upgrade at the right price.

• Like 1

One more quick opinion question for everyone! We have an upcoming sailing. We put in Royal Up bids over a month ago. We had our credit card compromised and had to change numbers. Another party traveling with us submitted their royal up long after us and received their royal up a few days ago but we haven't been lucky enough yet. We're concerned that the change in credit card number has effected our Royal Up bids. Has anyone heard of a changed credit card number effecting Royal Up? Do they reach out if it's declined or do they just move on? A follow up to this is the only option to change our credit card number is to cancel and resubmit. If we cancel and resubmit, does it hurt our chances against others at all?

What is the earliest anyone has received a Royal Up?  We are just under 4 weeks out and I just checked the bids I put in. I put in 2 bids, one is showing expired the other shows pending but am unable to change my bid.  Fingers crossed but it seems like it would be very early if it really happens.  I know others have seen this status then have had it revert back to pending and able to edit.  I will try not to get my hopes up too high until I see the charge hit my card.

12 minutes ago, danp2482 said:

One more quick opinion question for everyone! We have an upcoming sailing. We put in Royal Up bids over a month ago. We had our credit card compromised and had to change numbers. Another party traveling with us submitted their royal up long after us and received their royal up a few days ago but we haven't been lucky enough yet. We're concerned that the change in credit card number has effected our Royal Up bids. Has anyone heard of a changed credit card number effecting Royal Up? Do they reach out if it's declined or do they just move on? A follow up to this is the only option to change our credit card number is to cancel and resubmit. If we cancel and resubmit, does it hurt our chances against others at all?

I’d cancel and quickly resubmit with valid card number.

Another poster said they received an email when there was an issue with their credit card and that person saw the email and was able to rectify the situation in time.  You might not be so lucky.  I think your odds are better if you cancel and resubmit promptly.

Just now, Biker19 said:

I assume you meant win a Royal Up bid - I think just over two weeks recently reported, but most seem to be a week or less.

Yes, before Covid, we got notification on our RoyalUp about two weeks out.  It was JS to GS.  Right now,  a few days ahead seems to be the norm.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I assume you meant win a Royal Up bid - I think just over two weeks recently reported, but most seem to be a week or less.

Yes, I meant win a Royal Up bid. I apologize as my fingers were moving faster than my brain when typing that and it wasn't completely clear what I was asking.

9 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Should  we assume that the 1 Bedroom would be an A4?

They don't tell you in the RU offer whether it's for an A3 or an A4 ?  If they aren't differentiating I guess you must assume that it's entirely possible that you could get an A4.  I would NOT want an A4 on either Oasis or Allure.  Those rooms and balconies are really REALLY small.  A1 or A2 would be worth the chance but not an A4 if it is on O or A.

1 minute ago, zebra36 said:

?

Not wanting to go over the 297 pages here.  

Just got the offer email and submitted(?).  Is the bid acknowledged or can I see somewhere that it was received?

Thanks!

I got emails for each time I bid--saying 'We’ve received your RoyalUp bid to be upgraded on your upcoming adventure.'   You can also click on the link in the email you originally received and it will show what you have bid on for your sailing.  

Question for you long time cruisers. This Royal Up program has me bamboozled. We are in a Junior Suite and got offers for GS 1 bedroom, GS 2 bedroom, Owner's Suite, and Royal Suite. I bid on all four. Since the idea of the program is to maximize revenue for RCI, what are the chances of actually getting the GS 2 bedroom or the Owner's Suite? If someone in a larger, more expensive suite also bid the same as I did, is it likely they would get the upgrade before I would? I'm trying to get a handle on how the program is run. Thanks in advance for your help.

We are in a 2D balcony on the Jan 29th Odyssey cruise, we bid $80 on a large ocean view balcony and max out the bid on the JS at $220pp. Bid $500 to $540 on the Grand suite and higher not really expecting to get one. Checked today and all expired except Large Oceanview Balcony which is pending. I have to say a little let down since seeing people on here getting JS who bid less than us. We will still have a great time but a JS would have been nice. 

28 minutes ago, gemcat said:

Question for you long time cruisers. This Royal Up program has me bamboozled. We are in a Junior Suite and got offers for GS 1 bedroom, GS 2 bedroom, Owner's Suite, and Royal Suite. I bid on all four. Since the idea of the program is to maximize revenue for RCI, what are the chances of actually getting the GS 2 bedroom or the Owner's Suite? If someone in a larger, more expensive suite also bid the same as I did, is it likely they would get the upgrade before I would? I'm trying to get a handle on how the program is run. Thanks in advance for your help.

If someone is in a larger more expensive suite than yours and wants to move into a the same suite as you with a RoyalUp, it opens up a higher revenue chain for Royal, Example, You bid 700pp for the 2br GS, from a JS, and another person from say a OS bids on the same room for 400.00, If someone moves into the OS for 700.00 and the OS person bids 400 for the 2BR GS2 then that will accepted over your JS because, 1100.00 to Royal is better than your 700 and the 300 someone was willing to bid into your JS. It all is a matter of the upgrade chain and the value of the chain. Not your specific bid vs another's for a specific available stateroom. 

Edited by binro01

35 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I got emails for each time I bid--saying 'We’ve received your RoyalUp bid to be upgraded on your upcoming adventure.'   You can also click on the link in the email you originally received and it will show what you have bid on for your sailing.  

Thanks