Internet- elite discount

macaroni

17 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Can you get the 35% elite discount on internet prices once you are onboard, or do they have to be purchased beforehand to use the discount? Thanks!

I think it s 30%, and do not believe you can get that onboard, although it is Celebrity and they can do what they want.  I always purchase mine before or it is included..

I was hoping for 1st hand experience because I know you can get different answers from Captain’s club and not always the correct one depending on who you talk to. Can the 10% discount being offered pre cruise be combined with the 30% elite discount?

45 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Can you get the 35% elite discount on internet prices once you are onboard, or do they have to be purchased beforehand to use the discount? Thanks!

Yes, you can get the Elite and Elite+ discount once on board.

I am fairly confident that you have to call the Captain Club if you want the Elite discount prior to the cruise.  I am not sure about the extra 10% on top of the Elite discount.  

Once on the ship you will be given your discount automatically (according to your cc level) when you first create your account.   You have a selection of either the 90 minutes or discount.   

If you wish to purchase in advance you need to call CC in order to have it applied.   You can not double dip and combine it with a sale price. 

You definitely can get it on the ship - we always do that if we don't have the Go Best package.  We are Elite Plus so we wait until we use our 240 minutes.  However, we have had mixed results in getting our full discount that way.  On one cruise we were able to do it (meaning, our discount applied to the pro-rated cost), on the next cruise (the same year, on the same ship!) they told us it was one or the other.  So we got a pro-rated cost and after some argument got a discount but not our full amount.  Celebrity and their consistent inconsistency.

Just off the Constellation in October and we used 30% off for my husband and one device, and I used my 90 free minutes. And once done with that, we would just share the one device plan by signing in and out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MCazer said:

Just off the Constellation in October and we used 30% off for my husband and one device, and I used my 90 free minutes. And once done with that, we would just share the one device plan by signing in and out.

Didn't you use your husbands elite 90 minutes? 

On the Reflection as an Elite.  Believe me, the 90 minutes don't go very far.  I made the mistake of signing up on my own without any written instructions provided.  I did not sign out properly and burned through more minutes than I thought. The sign-out page is a different site than the sign-in page!  The guys at the iLoung got it straightened out. Anyway, was barely able to load up my emails in my cabin on Deck 6.  Speed was better in public areas.  I have AT&T cell service and found I could get more value from the $10 a day International Day Pass.  It taps into your data usage allotment on your cell phone.  It’s available on all the island countries — we used it on Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Grand Caymen. Check it out as an alternative to buying Wi-fi on board.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:47 PM, MCazer said:

We were told it’s either 30% off the package or 90 minutes. So he got 30% off and I got 90 minutes

That’s what we’ve always been told. One gets 90 minutes & other person gets the 30% discount

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just returned from Millenium. We're Elite.

Each of us used our 90 free-min, and asked about a one day only (24 hour unlimited use). The price was 55$ and we were eligible for the 30% discount, so u can use both the free min and the elite discount, on board.

So...different answers on different ships...Always!  yes, and I have asked many times receiving the same answer.  That is why I always book before and use my elite discount, that is unless I have all four perks!  happy that you were able to do that...kudos!

Edited by Lastdance

• 4 months later...

So if we use 1 persons 90 mins and then, say on day 3 of the cruise the 2nd person goes to purchase the package they will apply the 30% off the current package cost; and I assume that the package drops by $$ a day so on day 3 the cost will be lower than on day 1?

On our upcoming Solstice cruise we have decided to try the one device Surf Package as we don’t need streaming. It is on cruise planner at 10% off ($89.10) and with a call to Captain’s Club, I was able to apply the 35% Elite+ discount (now $57.92). DH and I will share the package on our devices. 

But while it is true that the Captain’s Club minutes are “lost” when buying the unlimited package, the Captain’s Club rep told me today that DH and I will each be able to use our 240 minutes in addition to the Surf Package. She said we will have a different login to use those minutes. She said this would allow us to get on those sites that are blocked from the Surf package. 

I admit I have my doubts that this will work (having two different logins) but we shall see in September. If anyone has purchased the Surf Package and also gotten their CC minutes additionally, I would love to hear about it.