Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

19 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

No line of sight between the passengers and the server.  Someone talking with their hands, or making a sudden gesture, could send approaching food flying.

Also, might the armrest fabric be difficult to clean if people wipe their sticky hands on it?

0033FAAC-5029-465D-A0F6-B8B04608A016.jpeg

What THE....?

Huh? Are these the standard new chairs in the MDR? 

Can’t read through 43 pages. OMG 😂 

13 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

What THE....?

Huh? Are these the standard new chairs in the MDR? 

Can’t read through 43 pages. OMG 😂 

No, these chairs appear to only be in a few of the centrally located tables in the lower floor of the MDR, based on photos posted earlier in this thread.

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

This picture of the Retreat on Millennium makes it look like there might be food or beverage service.  Can anyone confirm this?

I'd like to know this too. When I was on Summit last month, one of the servers in Luminae had said that there would be some type of "bistro" (his wording) up on the new Retreat sundeck on M class. He said they were planning on having the Luminae staff work up there which was creating a bit of a stir among the staff as they were already assigned to work in other areas like Oceanview when Luminae was closed, so they weren't sure how that was going to work. It would be great if they added a bar on that Retreat sundeck or at the least gave pax the option of getting food and drink service delivered.

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

I'd like to know this too. When I was on Summit last month, one of the servers in Luminae had said that there would be some type of "bistro" (his wording) up on the new Retreat sundeck on M class. He said they were planning on having the Luminae staff work up there which was creating a bit of a stir among the staff as they were already assigned to work in other areas like Oceanview when Luminae was closed, so they weren't sure how that was going to work. It would be great if they added a bar on that Retreat sundeck or at the least gave pax the option of getting food and drink service delivered.

Since Luminae isn't open for lunch on port days, it would be a good idea to have their staff work the Retreat rather than other venues since they already know the suite pax.  Also they were chosen for Luminae because they are the best of the best :classic_wink:

On Edge, there was indeed a limited menu served on the retreat deck.    There were some turkey roll ups, luminae burger, shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, a very good grilled chicken sandwich and the area was staffed by servers from Luminae.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nps001 said:

On Edge, there was indeed a limited menu served on the retreat deck.    There were some turkey roll ups, luminae burger, shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, a very good grilled chicken sandwich and the area was staffed by servers from Luminae.   

Yes, The Retreat on Edge has a full bar and a lunch menu; I was in there in December. I was discussing the possibility of food service in the Retreats being added to the revolutionized ships. The space there is smaller than on Edge. Things look promising though seeing photos of tables and chairs set up like they are for dining.

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Since Luminae isn't open for lunch on port days, it would be a good idea to have their staff work the Retreat rather than other venues since they already know the suite pax.  Also they were chosen for Luminae because they are the best of the best :classic_wink:

Oh, I agree. I think the staff was just panicked a bit as it sounded like they were being told about being possibly assigned to yet another venue but not hearing about additional staff being hired to support with that.

14 minutes ago, lourdest said:

Found these images posted about S1 #6146, right next to the Penthouse suite.  I will be staying in 6145 in two week, very excited with what I see.  Especially love the look of the refurbished bathroom... 

image.png.337f5f920aaffb50c83e40d3e399bc9f.png

Yet another ridiculous chair choice.  Why is it so hard to understand that a chair should be able to be pushed under the desk.😟

And yes, I know that there is room for it, but why waste it!

• Like 2

So  it looks like the storage above the bed has been eliminated? Is there additional storage somewhere else? THAT was so valuable . We took collapsible  bins to put things in    We are in AQ on Equinox in Nov  

10 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

So  it looks like the storage above the bed has been eliminated? Is there additional storage somewhere else? THAT was so valuable . We took collapsible  bins to put things in    We are in AQ on Equinox in Nov  

Storage above the bed is on S class! M class never had it...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Storage above the bed is on S class! M class never had it...

It will be interesting to follow the first revolution of an S class ship to see if they keep or eliminate the over bed storage (especially given the trend to go minimalist in the redesign).  My understanding from some past CC threads is that at the time they created the S class and added the over bed storage, there were very polarized views about it.

1 hour ago, lourdest said:

Found these images posted about S1 #6146, right next to the Penthouse suite.  I will be staying in 6145 in two week, very excited with what I see.  Especially love the look of the refurbished bathroom... 

image.png.f6a56007c4f8a3473ae9965ba793fc20.png

Does anybody else find the couch balcony furniture with cushions and pillows on a cruise ship as impractical as I do?.  Are the cushions and pillows  removed by cabin steward during inclement and windy weather, at turn down in case bad weather comes in the night?. What's wrong with new plain loungers  or chair and ottoman with no cushions that can get wet or sootie? 👀 😏👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lourdest said:

image.png.7f863937a8d5aa391edd1e0cba6f0281.png

image.png.5b1aafa3248e1a4d80b8a4d86ac07859.png

image.png.764d34c79efca3b637ac3b4cd2f4760e.png

image.png.7a2592eeee5eda3193d97bc915aa1f43.png

image.png.cf445f6e6309f1c7cd7dc7470a66d63d.png

I am so thankful you found these.  May I ask where?  We are in 6146 on the Summit March 30.  Love the bathroom.  I'm a little confused about the sofa.  It doesn't look like it pulls out or is a trundle.  We have a teenager sailing with us.  

Can't decide yet if I like the cabinet below the tv where it is or in the corner like it was before.  I hope there's a full size dining table on the opposite end of the bench.  Speaking of the bench, they are going to have to find a way to get us some lounge chairs like there was before or else I'll be a very unhappy camper to say the least.  

Overall I do like it.  The lack of storage in all cabin types is what gets me on these refurbs.  The desk has absolutely no storage and that lower cabinet next to the desk could have been much higher with lots of drawer space.  

45 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

It will be interesting to follow the first revolution of an S class ship to see if they keep or eliminate the over bed storage (especially given the trend to go minimalist in the redesign).  My understanding from some past CC threads is that at the time they created the S class and added the over bed storage, there were very polarized views about it.

There are... I don’t like it either. I don’t like having to climb onto the bed to get to my things and the closets are not deep enough.

2 hours ago, lourdest said:

image.png.7f863937a8d5aa391edd1e0cba6f0281.png

image.png.5b1aafa3248e1a4d80b8a4d86ac07859.png

image.png.764d34c79efca3b637ac3b4cd2f4760e.png

image.png.7a2592eeee5eda3193d97bc915aa1f43.png

image.png.cf445f6e6309f1c7cd7dc7470a66d63d.png

Thanks for these!

We will be in 6145 at the end of March! Overall I like the lighter, brighter design. The old decor was so dark. I am curious about the balcony furniture also - table and chairs? It appears that they took down, and did not replace that fabric awning? I can't wait to hear more.

22 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

There are... I don’t like it either. I don’t like having to climb onto the bed to get to my things and the closets are not deep enough.

Guess I'm pretty lucky.....hubby is 6'2" so he automatically takes the over bed storage with not much effort to reach and no bed climbing lol.  He actually doesn't mind it and of course this leaves me with all of the easily accessible storage, which is great!  🙂

Edited by Reel Love
Typo

42 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We are in 6146 on the Summit March 30.  Love the bathroom.  I'm a little confused about the sofa.  It doesn't look like it pulls out or is a trundle.  We have a teenager sailing with us.  

I will be on the Mille in the next sailing in cabin 6145 and will do a review of our trip.  I will check out the  the sofa to see if its a pull out (which it appears to be no) or if there is a trundle underneath the sofa.

51 minutes ago, lourdest said:

I will be on the Mille in the next sailing in cabin 6145 and will do a review of our trip.  I will check out the  the sofa to see if its a pull out (which it appears to be no) or if there is a trundle underneath the sofa.

Thank you for offering to check.  Enjoy your cruise.  If you wouldn't mind, could you also let us know how the closet is configured inside and if there is any more balcony furniture besides the bench.  Someone noticed they left the overhang off the balcony.  It would be nice to know if they ever intend to replace it.

I will be eagerly awaiting and living through your review until it's our turn.  

1 hour ago, sippican said:

It appears that they took down, and did not replace that fabric awning? I can't wait to hear more.

You are so right.  I can't believe I missed that.  I hope they intend to replace it and just an oversight.  The balcony did look very sunny.  I won't be spending much time out there in March except for the evenings.  

Thank you for the photos of 6146. We will be on the Summit sky suite 6128 in August. I been watching for photos to post.

I am not sure if it's the angle of the photo, but are there any shelves above the vanity in the bath?

I also notice there are no lamps on the night stands.  We use the lights

at the beds all the time for reading.  The room appears to only have overhead lights.

Edited by Elainemh