Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

51 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for posting..What's the name of this one..will add to skip list.

I'm not sure, the video doesn't title the performance.  I would skip this too, probably the worst I've seen or heard.  What do they have the men dressed up in?   Little see-through skirts and chicken feather pants! 😱

The blue hull however, from the drone footage, looks like a great improvement.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Lounger  and setee bench are ok looking.. the table too pathetic

. Wonder where that came from?

Hcat, that table is a few steps up from Edge.  This table you could have breakfast on, the other not so much.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sippican said:

Now you've got me wondering. When we originally booked this cabin a couple of years ago, there was a review or photo that indicated there was a partial covering. But of course, that may have been for one of the sister ships.

In that video in post 1084 you will

notice there is no awning over 6145/6146. Look for it between about the :50-1:10 mark into the video. 

14 hours ago, BEAV said:

In that video in post 1084 you will

notice there is no awning over 6145/6146. Look for it between about the :50-1:10 mark into the video. 

Yes, we can see that there is no awning now, but are wondering if there ever was one?

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I read a quote attributed to Henry Ford, the first creator of an affordable automobile.  “If you would have asked people wanted they wanted, they would have asked for a faster horse.”

They asked for a faster horse and Ford gave them an Edsel.  How did that work out for Ford?

26 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

They asked for a faster horse and Ford gave them an Edsel.  How did that work out for Ford?

Actually Henry Ford gave them the Model T in 1908.  A much faster horse.  The Edsel came fifty years later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I read a quote attributed to Henry Ford, the first creator of an affordable automobile.  “If you would have asked people wanted they wanted, they would have asked for a faster horse.”

I wouldn't give LLP that much credit just yet, we'll see.  She could also be the next Ron Johnson of J.C. Penney.

I don’t just want to run a business, I want to do what I did at Apple–I want the chance to transform something. So I picked JC Penney.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:55 PM, 4cats4me said:

What THE....?

Huh? Are these the standard new chairs in the MDR? 

Can’t read through 43 pages. OMG 😂 

Cocoon Seating ?  For those who like the closed in look!

15 minutes ago, CruisinCons said:

I'm assuming it's Millie, or why would the original poster use it?  It's a better question for them, though.   Paging @Arno.

It’s been pretty much common knowledge for several years on CC that Millie was constructed without an awning over 6145/6146, whereas Summit, Infinity and Connie did (and do now!) have awnings. That’s why I asked if the photo taken in 2014 was of Millie or one of her sisters. 

If an awning was added in later years, I’m just not aware of it. But the sad reality now is she has no awning, regardless if they removed one or never had one in the first place. 

Edited by BEAV

Celebrity Cruise Ship Receives New Cabins, Lounges, Faster WiFi, and Upgraded Restaurants

Maybe we are blaming Kelly Hoppen too much...and should be looking at renowned international hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA)

Celebrity Cruises kicked off the start of a $500 million program to revolutionize their cruise ships when Celebrity Millennium underwent a radical transformation. The cruise ship received redesigned staterooms, new lounges, upgraded restaurants, faster WiFi, and other guest enhancements.

Celebrity Millennium’s bow-to-stern transformation began on January 2, 2019, at the Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore. There, it spent a total of 35 days in the skilled hands of thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the newbuild and Celebrity teams.

When redesigning the staterooms and suites, every detail was carefully thought through with guest comfort at the forefront. Celebrity collaborated with renowned international hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms on board and turned to famed designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE to refresh the suites and bring The Retreat to Celebrity Millennium.

Revolutionary enhancements made to the staterooms and suites include:

• Refreshed suite design and finishes by Hoppen
  • The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive open-air hideaway for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
  • The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), an exclusive 24/7 lounge for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and concierge service
  • All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA
  • Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
  • Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms with all-new finishes and fixtures
  • Advanced RFID lock technology with digital key access has been added to every stateroom door
  • A total of 30 new staterooms being added

Celebrity is known to always be looking for new ways to open the world, not only through the places the brand visits, but through its globally inspired culinary experience, as well. The brand seized the “revolutionary” opportunity and reimagined many of the restaurants and lounges found on Celebrity Millennium, including:

• Upgraded Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and globally inspired culinary offerings
  • Upgraded Main Restaurant, with more seating and updated fixtures
  • Redesigned Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of inviting seating options perfect for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
  • Redesigned Rendezvous Lounge hosting events and entertainment from day to night, with everything from a newly enlarged bar serving up tantalizing cocktails to a quiet reading nook for curling up with a book

Celebrity Millennium is just the first revolutionary revitalization for the brand. Celebrity Summit has already entered dry-dock in the Bahamas for its own stunning transformation, with seven more cruise ships to be modernized by 2023.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

Post revolution Aqua Class cabin selection. Help! Chose 1141 but can still change. 

First time on Cruise Critic Boards and amazed at all the Millennium revolution photos (even drone footage) ! We have been on a dozen or so cruises over the years and can usually choose a room without too much trouble. However, we are struggling with our Aqua Class room choice for our Alaskan (Seward to Vancouver) cruise in mid-May. 

Deck 10- new AQ rooms - anyone know if all 13 have noise issue from Cosmos? Is the noise only if you are on balcony or can you actually hear noise from Cosmos in the stateroom? Many of these cabins are available (but not for long I’m sure.) 

1141 on Deck 11- we currently have aft 1141 chosen. Saw so many great Pre-revolution posts about the aft cabin so we chose it.... but now worried about the new wooden “canopy” (lack of regular canopy) over the bar below. Privacy issue?  (Seen pictures but can’t tell if it’s onky an issue if someone stands in a certain place etc.) How much noise can you hear from bar? Noise from movie theater a real issue?

Deck 11 other cabins-is movie theater noise an issue? Balcony overhang looks shallow- will this be an issue on an Alaskan mid May cruise? 

Deck 9- I stayed away from choosing this deck as my only experience with being on a deck below the pool is noise from chairs being drug around (esp. middle of night while crew is cleaning). Accurate assumption to stay away from Deck 9 to avoid noise from above?

We love Celebrity and sailed on Galaxy many years ago- remains one of our favorite cruises! 

This is a very special occasion (parents’ retirement) and I am trying to make as well informed decision as possible with our cabin choice. (They are staying in a Celebrity Suite.) 

Thanks again for all those who have been posting!