Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, Reel Love said:

It will be interesting to follow the first revolution of an S class ship to see if they keep or eliminate the over bed storage (especially given the trend to go minimalist in the redesign).  My understanding from some past CC threads is that at the time they created the S class and added the over bed storage, there were very polarized views about it.

Thank you! This will just be my second cruise on X after 7 on RCI. Was on Equinox in Sept and will be again in Nov. I know there are many differences between S and M class ships but I did not know the over bed storage was only on S class. I really found them very useful since I did not think there was much storage

I have to thank all those who posted those pictures- of the newly refurbished Millenium- once my favorite ship in the fleet- mostly because I loved the Olympic- otherwise all four Milli- Class ships are about the same- with the exeption of carpets, colors and some different touches on each ship!

I rather liked what i saw- not all but nobody - not even X- can satisfy all!

Quite right- these boards are called cruise CRITIC- so we may critisice- good or bad- it does not matter!

I for one love those new chairs in the MDR- the regular ones and those fancy chairs - there are not many of those high backed - futuritic chairs. They add a nice touch to the  over all look of the dinning room.

I wouldn´t mind sitting in of these!

Since i rarely book a suite I am not bothered about the new Michaels Club- since that part of the ship is now just for the use of suite passengers. I loved the old Michaels Club- cosy- nice- a bit like an english club! This new room appears cold and clinic like!

To compare the Milli with the Titanic is not so far fetched though- thing of the old Olympic Restaurant. When they exchanged them for the Tusancy THAT i really found a triffle sad. But I am glad to se that they reinstall those wonderfuls panels in their new Edge Class. So we have a Normandie Restaurant again on the Edge. Oh I am getting off topic- so I will stop!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sippican said:

It appears that they took down, and did not replace that fabric awning? I can't wait to hear more.

I thought Millie was the only M-class ship to have no covering (awning) over 6145 and 6146?  If correct, they didn't take it down, nor did they erect one in the refurb. I was hoping they'd add an awning in the refurb to bring it up to speed with Millie's younger sisters. 

Are you saying they added awnings over 6145/6146 in recent years? If so, I wasn't aware of that.

7 hours ago, lourdest said:

I will be on the Mille in the next sailing in cabin 6145 and will do a review of our trip.  I will check out the  the sofa to see if its a pull out (which it appears to be no) or if there is a trundle underneath the sofa.

Thanks in advance! We will be in 6145 for the Transpacific in late April and eagerly await your review.

I certainly hope there's more furniture on the balcony in addition to that lone sofa in the photo.

Enjoy your cruise!

34 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Thanks in advance! We will be in 6145 for the Transpacific in late April and eagerly await your review.

I certainly hope there's more furniture on the balcony in addition to that lone sofa in the photo.

Enjoy your cruise!

37 minutes ago, BEAV said:

I thought Millie was the only M-class ship to have no covering (awning) over 6145 and 6146?  If correct, they didn't take it down, nor did they erect one in the refurb. I was hoping they'd add an awning in the refurb to bring it up to speed with Millie's younger sisters. 

Are you saying they added awnings over 6145/6146 in recent years? If so, I wasn't aware of that.

Millie never had the awning you say?  The Summit has been the only MClass ship I’ve sailed on so I have no knowledge. I was getting worried as we’re in 6146 on the Summit March 30 and thought I wasn’t going to have an awning.  Odd they never added it to the Millie after the other ships. 

17 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Guess I'm pretty lucky.....hubby is 6'2" so he automatically takes the over bed storage with not much effort to reach and no bed climbing lol.  He actually doesn't mind it and of course this leaves me with all of the easily accessible storage, which is great!  🙂

I am the 6´ hubby who also does that and takes over the space :-) Still think it is less convenient than closet or drawer space.

10 hours ago, BEAV said:

Enjoy your cruise!

There are photos on another forum that I will see if I can pinch (from 6146/45, one of the two).  There was a “bench” on the veranda, two pathetic looking chairs and a small white table.  The poster said they asked for a lounger and one was delivered.  

So then, it looks like in the revolutionizing, the libraries have been eliminated? That is sad indeed. Our CS on Equinox the library was directly across from our door.  I noticed while not popular with the masses, it was a serene place to sit, a waiting place, borrow a book and read, that sort of thing.  Now gone?  

• Like 1

This was posted on another forum (photo credit to @csmart); Sky Suite 6146 (Port Side, beside/connected to PH) - Revolutionized Millie.  

Note the little chairs and table - AQ and CC categories have better chairs (IMO).  The poster did say they asked for a lounger and one was delivered; but seriously?!

6145.jpg

6145a.jpg

6145b.jpg

Edited by hvbaskey

27 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

This was posted on another forum (photo credit to @csmart); Sky Suite 6146 (Port Side, beside/connected to PH) - Revolutionized Millie.  

Note the little chairs and table - AQ and CC categories have better chairs (IMO).  The poster did say they asked for a lounger and one was delivered; but seriously?!

6145.jpg

6145a.jpg

6145b.jpg

The "so called" dining table and chairs is actually pathetic.  It's insulting imo to spend money on a suite and receive that.  I haven't even sailed in 6146 yet but will be soon in 40 days, and I'm already wanting to throw that furniture overboard .  Glad they accommodated the lounge chair request. 

Edited by Want2Cruise 701
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

The "so called" dining table and chairs is actually pathetic.  It's insulting imo to spend money on a suite and receive that.  I haven't even sailed in 6146 yet but will be soon in 40 days, and I'm already wanting to throw that furniture overboard .  Glad they accommodated the lounge chair request. 

That table is an huge upgrade compared to the S cabin tables on Edge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BEAV said:

Now you've got me wondering. When we originally booked this cabin a couple of years ago, there was a review or photo that indicated there was a partial covering. But of course, that may have been for one of the sister ships.

27 minutes ago, Oville said:

That table is an huge upgrade compared to the S cabin tables on Edge.

Haven't sailed the Edge yet.  What are they thinking with these new ships and refurbs :classic_huh:.  The chairs look like classroom chairs and the table doesn't even match whatsoever.  Looks like it was just thrown together as an after thought. :classic_ohmy:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I agree!  if I they haven’t upgraded the furniture by then, most definitely comment in your post-cruise survey.  Hopefully, if enough state how pathetic it is, perhaps they will upgrade the chairs to something more ?  anything more!

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I would think a coffee table in front of that love seat would be more practical  for coffee etc, yes?

There is the issue of that bring  a swinging door. Does it open out...in which case it would hit furniture near it?

50 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Haven't sailed the Edge yet.  What are they thinking with these new ships and refurbs :classic_huh:.  The chairs look like classroom chairs and the table doesn't even match whatsoever.  Looks like it was just thrown together as an after thought. :classic_ohmy:

Exactly.  pathetic chairs and a useless 'couch'.  This is not worth the money spent for a Sky Suite IMO.  Classroom chairs indeed!!!  Wow!  I spend a lot of time on sea days on the balcony where I like to read and nap in private peace and quiet.  Balcony furniture and it's availability is very important to me and could make or break whether I book a cruise on post revolution Celebrity ships.  😞 

44 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

I agree!  if I they haven’t upgraded the furniture by then, most definitely comment in your post-cruise survey.  Hopefully, if enough state how pathetic it is, perhaps they will upgrade the chairs to something more ?  anything more!

I most definitely will comment in the survey.  I will put in a comment on the ship as well because sometimes the surveys don't let you comment or the particular category/topic isn't on the survey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, njaloha said:

Exactly.  pathetic chairs and a useless 'couch'.  This is not worth the money spent for a Sky Suite IMO.  Classroom chairs indeed!!!  Wow!  I spend a lot of time on sea days on the balcony where I like to read and nap in private peace and quiet.  Balcony furniture and it's availability is very important to me and could make or break whether I book a cruise on post revolution Celebrity ships.  😞 

I totally agree.  The balcony furniture is very important to me as well since I spend a lot time out there.  I even sleep out there on the lounge chair at night.  I book cabins based on if there is a lounge chair on the balcony or if I know I can get one on the balcony when requested.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I would think a coffee table in front of that love seat would be more practical  for coffee etc, yes?

There is the issue of that bring  a swinging door. Does it open out...in which case it would hit furniture near it?

The door opens out to the balcony.  Never an issue hitting anything.  There has always been a dining height table with chairs and loungers out there before.  I prefer the old furniture since you can have breakfast at a dining height table and the loungers for relaxing, napping or reading!