Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

14 hours ago, Bin man said:

Yes just noticed on my ship tracker any live pictures any where ?

Those in Germany have been told not to go anywhere near the port/shipyard due to current situation and things like this are hugely popular. So if you do find any photos, I doubt there will be many.

45 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Alongside in Bremerhaven.  Hopefully all went ok.

It seems to have gone OK. Sadly, with the current situation, there is no need for them to rush as I guess she will be parked up somewhere waiting to be allowed to start taking passengers. Who knows when that will be?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, pete14 said:

It seems to have gone OK. Sadly, with the current situation, there is no need for them to rush as I guess she will be parked up somewhere waiting to be allowed to start taking passengers. Who knows when that will be?

I have it from a unreliable source it will be the 25th May 2021 - allegedly!

55 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have it from a unreliable source it will be the 25th May 2021 - 

It's just been announced that all work is stopping right now, and all workers leaving the ship due to COVID 19.  

https://www.meyerwerft.de/de/presse/presse_detail/kreuzfahrtschiff_iona_arbeiten_an_bord_pausieren.jsp

Above is the link to the Meyer Werft press release saying that interior work and Sea Trials have been suspended as they moved to a minimal onboard team due to the Corona outbreak. 

i would assume this puts the delivery date and early cruises in jeopardy now, although this will of course depend on how long the outbreak lasts, and whether they have capacity to catch up. It seems that many other travel providers are now cancelling things all through May and some even June so there is a better than 50% chance that her sailings would have to be cancelled anyway I guess. 

1 hour ago, Mattsudds said:

https://www.meyerwerft.de/de/presse/presse_detail/kreuzfahrtschiff_iona_arbeiten_an_bord_pausieren.jsp

Above is the link to the Meyer Werft press release saying that interior work and Sea Trials have been suspended as they moved to a minimal onboard team due to the Corona outbreak. 

i would assume this puts the delivery date and early cruises in jeopardy now, although this will of course depend on how long the outbreak lasts, and whether they have capacity to catch up. It seems that many other travel providers are now cancelling things all through May and some even June so there is a better than 50% chance that her sailings would have to be cancelled anyway I guess. 

I’d put it at 100%

51 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I would too.  In fact, I don't think anybody will be cruising until next year.  I won't be paying my balance in July for my October cruise.

Do we know what P&O are offering if you take this route, do you lose the deposit or are they offering a FCC?

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I would too.  In fact, I don't think anybody will be cruising until next year.  I won't be paying my balance in July for my October cruise.

So you will lose your deposit.

Edited by majortom10

Indeed, lose your deposit, luckily the deposit for my October cruise is £70 and the January cruise is £80. as I mentioned elsewhere, I think? not visiting Costa every day, not going down the social club and not putting money in the fruit machines will more than compensate.

A new video of her at sea.  She looks odd because her funnel hasn't been fitted yet.  I'm guessing my September cruise on her will be cancelled, don't know about the November one fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 2

10 hours ago, besberry said:

A new video of her at sea.  She looks odd because her funnel hasn't been fitted yet.  I'm guessing my September cruise on her will be cancelled, don't know about the November one fingers crossed 🤞

Thanks for posting Besberry.

I searched for some pics or videos but couldn't find any.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 11:57 PM, davecttr said:

Indeed, lose your deposit, luckily the deposit for my October cruise is £70 and the January cruise is £80. as I mentioned elsewhere, I think? not visiting Costa every day, not going down the social club and not putting money in the fruit machines will more than compensate.

I am in a similar situation. My April 2020 cruise was cancelled and my next P&O cruises are Jan 2021 (Caribbean) and May 2021 (Canaries). I am reasonably optimistic that the May 2021 cruise will go ahead, not as optimistic about the Jan 2021 but still hopeful. Both were booked onboard with a £50 deposit. In each case I will see how the land lies before I pay the balance, and P&Os attitude to refunds will be an important factor in coming to a decision on whether to pay it or lose my £50.

11 hours ago, besberry said:

Of course some us don't think fitting the funnel will make her any better looking - but that's just personal taste 😁

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Shipyard have advised that work has restated on Iona today. New health procedures in place mean that work continues at a reduced pace.

Yes, they've also resumed work on Saga's Spirit of Adventure.

37 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I am in a similar situation. My April 2020 cruise was cancelled and my next P&O cruises are Jan 2021 (Caribbean) and May 2021 (Canaries). I am reasonably optimistic that the May 2021 cruise will go ahead, not as optimistic about the Jan 2021 but still hopeful. Both were booked onboard with a £50 deposit. In each case I will see how the land lies before I pay the balance, and P&Os attitude to refunds will be an important factor in coming to a decision on whether to pay it or lose my £50.

Not intending to teach annyone to suck eggs but make sure you compare what P&O do with what other major cruise lines do.  It may be pretty much the same across the (mainstream) cruise industry.

5 hours ago, Denarius said:

I have a Norwegian cruise on Aurora in March 2021 and I'm not sure about that and I paid a huge deposit for some reason.  I'm hope my Amazon cruise on Arcadia in 2022 will go ahead.  If I survive the virus that is!!!

5 hours ago, Britboys said:

Of course some us don't think fitting the funnel will make her any better looking - but that's just personal taste 😁

I think she looks fine.  I'm no cruise ship snob who makes inane comments about 'blocks of flats'.  I've been on Symphony of the Seas with over 5,000 passengers  and had a ball.  I've also been on Silver Galapagos with 93 passengers and had a great cruise on her too.  I just love ships and cruising 😋

• Like 1