LUNCH IN SOLARIUM BISTRO

metsmom

Just wondering if lunch is served in the Solarium Bistro on Embarkation Day?  I checked cruise planner and only times available for dinner were too late for us. I saw you don't need reservations for lunch and wondered if they would be open after we boarded the ship the first day or only open certain days at lunch time. Thanks for any help!

Was my personal favorite on Oasis.  I am getting old and just can't tolerate a heavy and junky diet anymore, which is of course a problem on cruises.  Bistro had everything I liked:

Tiny buffet - salad - appetizer area full of international, very flavorful, veggie-based dishes

Little serving line with entrees, more sides, and desserts

Nice setting - only a few tables but they were rarely all full

Little beverage station with coffee and flavored waters

No reservations needed for breakfast or lunch, no upcharge

Not a particularly popular venue so nowhere near as overwhelming as Windjammer (which we also loved anyway)

View of the ocean.  Also, view of people in swimsuits in the Solarium, if you like that sort of thing. More the ocean for me.

Our cabin (inside guarantee) ended up being Deck 10 forward right next to the elevators and stairs, so a quick ride or jog up.

Yes!  I have gazpacho every time.  Lots of non-meat options in the SB.

Thanks. Not sure my family member that is vegetarian would like gazpacho but we can always take a peek at SB to see what type of entrees they have and go to the windjammer if none of them sound appealing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time we've eaten in the Solarium Bistro, we did make reservations just to be on the safe side. Usually 7:00-7:30-ish. But the place was never full and it seemed like many people would just walk in & be seated without reservations.

Obviously, if you are traveling with a large group, I'd recommend reservations as the Bistro is not large.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Solarium on Symphony was superb. Excellent selection... the bocconcini followed by the moussaka... delicious!

Great decor too.

EDF88E4E-41F1-49D8-A54A-5961B3A34019.jpeg

My family ate at that big table a couple times in November.  LOVE that Solarium Bistro....and the entire ship!