Diamond lounge access

Janman

10 hours ago, Nanarrow said:

We are D and we travel in suites. We have been welcomed in the Suite Lounge with open arms by so many Pinnacle members! We email with several couples we met on our last few sailings. John I think you are on to something 🙂 ...there can be glares from anyone, anywhere. Who really cares, it’s a measure of one’s character of how people handle situations like this. One can turn snarky, or they can smile and be friendly. We try and be friendly and kind to everyone, it has paid off in wonderful friendships! All the lounges can be wonderful, if ohe doesn’t choose to think negatively.

Absolutely agree with you and John.  The C&A level of a person, or the cabin they book, does not make the person...the person makes the person.  We just choose to ignore the bad ones.  😉 

• Like 5

If your C & A level is Diamond, it doesn't matter if you are booked into an inside cabin or the most expensive cabin on the ship.  You earned your Diamond status and are entitled to the benefits that go with it.  Someone does not like it, that's their problem not yours.

MARAPRINCE

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Absolutely agree with you and John.  The C&A level of a person, or the cabin they book, does not make the person...the person makes the person.  We just choose to ignore the bad ones.  😉 

Great words of wisdom and very true.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cruisekap said:

I was recently on Rhapsody and Mariner.  The concierge on both ships checked ID's on multiple nights and ejected some people that brought non-diamond friends with them.  

We experianced this on our last Brilliance cruise also.

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Most of the people we have met in the Diamond Lounge have been friendly.  Once in awhile a cranky person may cross our path but that is life.  Any miserable person was probably always that way even before they climbed  the C& A ladder.

I agree with you.

We are on wonderful cruiseships getting free drinks in the DL, meeting fellow cruise lovers visiting great ports.

Happy Days

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, youwash said:

On Vision of the Seas now  our first night, last night all cards were checked and room numbers checked off a paper list. 

Can you go in to both DL & CL? Who's the concierge?

We'll be on her mid May out of Barcelona and D+ staying in a true aft JS.

20 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm. I'm sitting here carefully looking at my letter from last September Freedom and the word "shorts" is no where to be found.

I just went through a folder of stuff I save from our Freedom B2B cruise (3 and 10 March 2019) and found our welcome aboard letter from the DL concierge. No mention of shorts. "We respectfully request that guests observe a formal dress code on formal evenings and smart casual dress code on other evenings when visiting the lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed & footwear is required at all times)".   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I just went through a folder of stuff I save from our Freedom B2B cruise (3 and 10 March 2019) and found our welcome aboard letter from the DL concierge. No mention of shorts. "We respectfully request that guests observe a formal dress code on formal evenings and smart casual dress code on other evenings when visiting the lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed & footwear is required at all times)".   

Yes....Glad you're seeing the same letter I did since some other poster's are seeing something completely different added.

Am I wrong that the key word here is "request" about formal wear/smart casual and specifically a "no" to pool attire/footwear in the evenings..which leaves this as not being mandatory but rather a request which has a completely different definition?

11 minutes ago, i guide the sky said:

So, i wanted to be clear, we are going on Ovation in May, If Im diamond and my wife and two kids aren't. I can go in to the DL with my two kids but not my wife? but Ill still have 3 drinks per day on my SeaPass Card?

Contact Crown & Anchor and have them link your wife and children to you.  They will all be Diamond (assuming the children are under age 18).

On 3/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, Ashland said:

I'm glad you're enjoying turning personal experience and other's comments into a debate, and happy I could give you the soapbox you're needing on which to do it...😩😫😫😒📢

I don't need you to give me anything nor did you. Don't flatter yourself. I'm stating my opinion on what I have also seen which is sloppy dressers on formal night. No Royal doesn't say it's mandatory, but I think the comment that John&LaLa made says it perfectly.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, John&LaLa said:

I believe request is a nice way to say this is what you are supposed to do. 

If I am a guest somewhere and the host makes a request, I will comply. 😇

Well said and  I completely agree. If Royal was to use the word mandatory there would probably be a revolt.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 3:52 PM, Ashland said:

Can you go in to both DL & CL? Who's the concierge?

We'll be on her mid May out of Barcelona and D+ staying in a true aft JS.

The Concierge was Fransisco. 

As we are only Diamond we only had access to DL.                    . D+ Pinnacle and Suites had CL, not aware of any that were in the DL.  We met and talked with many wonderful people in the lounge. Considering it was a short 5 night cruise it was very easy to enjoy conversation with the people you saw over and over again. 

2 hours ago, youwash said:

The Concierge was Fransisco. 

As we are only Diamond we only had access to DL.                    . D+ Pinnacle and Suites had CL, not aware of any that were in the DL.  We met and talked with many wonderful people in the lounge. Considering it was a short 5 night cruise it was very easy to enjoy conversation with the people you saw over and over again. 

Thanks for your response....hope you enjoyed Vision.