Diamond lounge access

Janman

On 2/11/2019 at 1:35 PM, island lady said:

Agree...once again: Trolls...don't feed them.  There are several lurking under the bridges here.  😮 

And quoting/replying to them bypasses the whole point for the people who already have them blocked. Dropping out now.

• Like 1

On our Vision cruise in Jan there was guy (20's) that tried to go onto the Diamond Lounge and from what I heard he caused a ruckus and started fighting with some people. They kept him in his room with a security guard blocking his door. His cabin was just 4 doors from ours. He was in his room from Wed. till the ship pulled in Sat.The guard was outside his door 24/7. He through a fit a few times in his room saying he was going to sue the ship.His girlfriend visited his room a few times and had to be searched before going into his room.

So no I would not chance going in the lounge!!

Edited by jeanneful

5 hours ago, jeanneful said:

On our Vision cruise in Jan there was guy (20's) that tried to go onto the Diamond Lounge and from what I heard he caused a ruckus and started fighting with some people. They kept him in his room with a security guard blocking his door. His cabin was just 4 doors from ours. He was in his room from Wed. till the ship pulled in Sat.The guard was outside his door 24/7. He through a fit a few times in his room saying he was going to sue the ship.His girlfriend visited his room a few times and had to be searched before going into his room.

Yikes, on board entertainment...you never know where you'll find it :classic_unsure:

To us the DL is somewhat overated being often crowded from before starting time & with some desperate to get their fill. I never thought before that some would be in there who shouldn't be.

We normally would go there after the start of early dining time, when some had left already and have a pre-show drink or two. We have met some nice people in there in this manner.

On our recent Radiance cruise [NZ] we went to DL the first evening & did find a seat. We waited several minutes for drink service, but it was obvious we were in for a long wait as people just kept queuing up at the 'bar' to get their drinks, some with the current drink still in hand, sometimes wanting a top-up to their still half filled wine glass. They didn't have the beer that I prefer from the limited options, but I took another choice & got DW a drink. We were talking with a nice lady we met, so I joined the line to get another beer, which  I drank and then we left for dinner.

We didn't go back for the rest of the cruise, except a few times during the day for a quiet area to chill out. I found getting drinks from our pre-loaded card at the Pub was much better - after a day or two they would get my beer without me even asking. Mostly I drank them on our balcony - life's good 🙂 I tipped the bar staff in the pub last evening for looking after us so well.

I trust the pre-loaded drinks will continue, but we have not ruled out trying the DL again.

6 hours ago, jeanneful said:

Don't think it had anything to do with the venue 

6 hours ago, jeanneful said:

Someone that has to be put on house arrest because someone said no sounds like a real hot head. DL admittance or not. 

Edited by davekathy

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

Someone that has to be put on house arrest because someone said no sounds like a real hot head. DL admittance or not. 

Agree...the idiot jerk was probably very inebriated already and would have made the same scene in any bar/pool deck etc.  

11 hours ago, mr walker said:

Yes, a definite failing of cc forum software. We block these posters for a reason!

And sad thing is the posters we have to block think they are actually witty and funny. :classic_dry:  Not!  😝

Edited by island lady

We just got home yesterday from a b2b on the Independence. The DL was fine the first week,  but the second week we experienced major overcrowding. The overflow area (Viking) was not available because a large group, Total Travel, was on board and booked the Viking most evenings. Funny thing happened one evening. We usually go to the DL about 5pm. Well one evening when we went,  the group was in the Viking, but only about a third of the room was being used. The DL was packed and it was raining, so the outside seating area could not be used. When we tried to sit in the Viking near the DL door, one of the group leaders came over to tell us to leave. Lots of seats were available for their group and as we pointed out to her, we were not taking seats from anybody, nor drinking their drinks or eating their snack. We would gladly give up the seats if they were needed by her group. Her response was that she did not want us to listen to the band that her group hired for the evening! I guess she did not notice the wall to the DL is open at the top.

FYI - The concierge said there was nothing she could do because the group would not move to a smaller room. The CL was off limits to the Diamond and diamond + cruisers. She did suggest we come back after everyone in the DL leaves for dinner!

I know we can go to the other lounges around the ship and this was not a big deal for us, just wanted to share the story.

Great cruise over all!

Mary

Edited by Mary&Jim

24 minutes ago, Mary&Jim said:

We just got home yesterday from a b2b on the Independence. The DL was fine the first week,  but the second week we experienced major overcrowding. The overflow area (Viking) was not available because a large group, Total Travel, was on board and booked the Viking most evenings. Funny thing happened one evening. We usually go to the DL about 5pm. Well one evening when we went,  the group was in the Viking, but only about a third of the room was being used. The DL was packed and it was raining, so the outside seating area could not be used. When we tried to sit in the Viking near the DL door, one of the group leaders came over to tell us to leave. Lots of seats were available for their group and as we pointed out to her, we were not taking seats from anybody, nor drinking their drinks or eating their snack. We would gladly give up the seats if they were needed by her group. Her response was that she did not want us to listen to the band that her group hired for the evening! I guess she did not notice the wall to the DL is open at the top.

FYI - The concierge said there was nothing she could do because the group would not move to a smaller room. The CL was off limits to the Diamond and diamond + cruisers. She did suggest we come back after everyone in the DL leaves for dinner!

I know we can go to the other lounges around the ship and this was not a big deal for us, just wanted to share the story.

Great cruise over all!

Mary

Would it have helped to cover your ears :classic_wink:

29 minutes ago, Mary&Jim said:

Great cruise over all!

Mary

Man, you have to bean incredibly petty person to cite that you do not want to share the bands music. I would have pointed out that open top and laughed.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, Arzeena said:

Cruise Critic should include a thumbs down emoji . I would use several for your post.

and other "Drink Delinquent and proud of it" kind of posts.

Edited by audome78