Diamond lounge access

Janman

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/formal-dress-code-guideline

"Think of our formal dress code as a night out in your best black-tie look — suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns are all acceptable options. There can be 1-3 formal nights during a sailing and is at the ship’s discretion. Our Chef’s Table dining experience also enforces a formal dress code policy."

Edited by ReneeFLL

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

"Think of our formal dress code as a night out in your best black-tie look — suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns are all acceptable options. There can be 1-3 formal nights during a sailing and is at the ship’s discretion. Our Chef’s Table dining experience also enforces a formal dress code policy."

Formal night is for the MDR, not for the lounges.  Concierge went beyond what company says is acceptable.  If a concierge "goes rogue" and tells guests to leave because they don't want to adhere to the MDR dress code du jour, they are doing their staff a disservice.  Those guests aren't able to tip the lounge staff if they aren't being served.  

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

Formal night is for the MDR, not for the lounges.  Concierge went beyond what company says is acceptable.  If a concierge "goes rogue" and tells guests to leave because they don't want to adhere to the MDR dress code du jour, they are doing their staff a disservice.  Those guests aren't able to tip the lounge staff if they aren't being served.  

Where does it say that it's for the mdr only? 

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I have never known capris aka long shorts to be formal. That's a new one on me. Why do you think she was wrong, because she was trying to have people dress a little closer to the formal attire? Other concierges have just gotten to be so indifferent to the rules because many passangers have been taking a yard when RC was trying to give them an inch. As for dressing up or down clothing you can also dress up bikini bottoms with a fancy top. Yes it's still a bikini, but so are the long shorts.

What does a southern caribbean itinerary have to do with anything? Most of our cruises have been in the Caribbean and we still dress formal. Find something cooler to wear instead of a sweater. 

And you think she's ignorant why?

I thought formal nights also applied to the MDR. They have just gotten so lazy that they let everyone and everything in. Smh

I'm glad you're enjoying turning personal experience and other's comments into a debate, and happy I could give you the soapbox you're needing on which to do it...😩😫😫😒📢

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Absolutely not the case for the Chef's table. We've seem many men dressed in simple dress shirt, no tie or jacket.  Far from formal.  Women have been in sun dresses or slacks and a top.    

My husband used to wear a tuxedo.  Now he brings either a suit or a sport jacket/tie.  I rarely see more then 10% of the men in tuxedos.  Long dresses for women, yes.  Evening gowns, rarely.  Sadly, those days  of formal dress are a thing of the past. 

The entire  mass market cruise industry dress code has become very casual.  Casual to me  mean means slacks and a nice top, or a sundress.   For others apparently it is shorts and a logo t shirt.   Folks wear clothing to dinner that  I wouldn't wear to wash the car!  But, that seems to be OK with the cruise line  so it is OK with me.  If it ever bothers me too much, I'll have to sail a line with  strict dress codes. 

m

Fine print from Royal Caribbean member benefit. 

7 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary speciality coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a smart/casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swimming or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests of 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Lounge due to limited space.

I'm thinking turning Diamond after all at a ripe age of 33 was a big mistake reading responses from past and present Diamond members. 

22 minutes ago, NKLCRUISES said:

7 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary speciality coffees available in the dining room. The Diamond Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a smart/casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swimming or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests of 21 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members are not allowed into the Diamond Lounge due to limited space.

I'm thinking turning Diamond after all at a ripe age of 33 was a big mistake reading responses from past and present Diamond members. 

thanks for posting the web site wording.  I am anxious to see the welcome letter wording. 

I am puzzled.....What  does your age have to do with your C&A status, the Diamond lounge or any other comment on this thread.    Are you saying that 33 is old or young to have reached Diamond Status?  ( sorry can't tell from the comment)   Some start traveling  later  and others start at an early age.    Our ( now) grown children starting cruising at an early age.  They reached  Diamond status in their  early 20's.  Of course now their respective partners  share the loyalty level with RCCL and Celebrity.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, NKLCRUISES said:

Concierge going beyond what company publishes.  If a Diamond, Diamond Plus, or Pinnacle member wishes to have a smart casual dress throughout their cruise AND use the lounge, they are afforded that opportunity.  They should not be denied by a concierge expressing personal bias.   

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Absolutely not the case for the Chef's table. We've seem many men dressed in simple dress shirt, no tie or jacket.  Far from formal.  Women have been in sun dresses or slacks and a top.    

My husband used to wear a tuxedo.  Now he brings either a suit or a sport jacket/tie.  I rarely see more then 10% of the men in tuxedos.  Long dresses for women, yes.  Evening gowns, rarely.  Sadly, those days  of formal dress are a thing of the past. 

The entire  mass market cruise industry dress code has become very casual.  Casual to me  mean means slacks and a nice top, or a sundress.   For others apparently it is shorts and a logo t shirt.   Folks wear clothing to dinner that  I wouldn't wear to wash the car!  But, that seems to be OK with the cruise line  so it is OK with me.  If it ever bothers me too much, I'll have to sail a line with  strict dress codes. 

m

I still wear a tuxedo. I dont see how it's any different than slacks and a jacket with a tie, and definitely no different than a suit.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Concierge going beyond what company publishes.  If a Diamond, Diamond Plus, or Pinnacle member wishes to have a smart casual dress throughout their cruise AND use the lounge, they are afforded that opportunity.  They should not be denied by a concierge expressing personal bias.   

Pretty sure the letters still say no shorts on formal nights

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure the letters still say no shorts on formal nights

My letter from Freedom last September says the same and noting that it says "request"... no mention of it being mandatory and no mention of shorts either.

So if the DL is just for D, D+, and Pinnacle how come the Suites Lounge is not just for the Suite guests.  Keep the Pinnacles in the lounge they qualify for.  They do  not let us as Suite guests in the DL, we have to sit in the Suite Lounge and have the pinnys glare at as because my 11 yr old granddaughter is with us.  So, is there anywhere the Pinnacles are not allowed or can they just turn up where ever they think they are entitled to be?

7 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So if the DL is just for D, D+, and Pinnacle how come the Suites Lounge is not just for the Suite guests.  Keep the Pinnacles in the lounge they qualify for.  They do  not let us as Suite guests in the DL, we have to sit in the Suite Lounge and have the pinnys glare at as because my 11 yr old granddaughter is with us.  So, is there anywhere the Pinnacles are not allowed or can they just turn up where ever they think they are entitled to be?

They pretty much can go everywhere.  It's not where ever they think. Just the way it is.

The glaring is totally overblown. What ship are you worried about? Anthem 🤔 She doesn't have an SL anyway.

Edited by John&LaLa

• No Anthem does not.  So if the frowning is over blown why was it that when waiting to board there was a Pinnacle couple there that as my son and granddaughter were playing around they keep giving them dirty looks.  In the Coastal Kitchen we saw the same couple and they gave them the same frowning look.  Maybe they just did not like children, maybe they thought she should not be there because she was too young.  No, we were not imagining the look, you can tell when someone thinks you do not belong.  Anyway, in reading most of the comments, I just feel that if you are not a Suite guest you do not belong in a Suite Lounge on the ships that have them.  My opinion only.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

My letter from Freedom last September says the same and noting that it says "request"... no mention of it being mandatory and no mention of shorts either.

Sailed the Oasis March 03, 2019. Welcome e-mail from the concierges did not mention that shorts were not allowed in the Suite Lounge or Coastal Kitchen on formal nights. Saw cruisers eating at the Coastal Kitchen in shorts on formal nights.

43 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:
  • No Anthem does not.  So if the frowning is over blown why was it that when waiting to board there was a Pinnacle couple there that as my son and granddaughter were playing around they keep giving them dirty looks.  In the Coastal Kitchen we saw the same couple and they gave them the same frowning look.  Maybe they just did not like children, maybe they thought she should not be there because she was too young.  No, we were not imagining the look, you can tell when someone thinks you do not belong.  Anyway, in reading most of the comments, I just feel that if you are not a Suite guest you do not belong in a Suite Lounge on the ships that have them.  My opinion only.

Never said that glaring didn't happen.  My opinion is that it is overblown. Oh no, someone gave me a dirty look.  And it's not just Pinnacles that might be glaring. Maybe suite guests glare at me. Maybe D+'s glare at us when we go to DL. Did you ever think of that. 😉

Luckily for me your opinion on where I can go, is not Royal's opinion or policy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, audome78 said:

Ours did on Freedom earlier this month.

Hmmm. I'm sitting here carefully looking at my letter from last September Freedom and the word "shorts" is no where to be found.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Never said that glaring didn't happen.  My opinion is that it is overblown. Oh no, someone gave me a dirty look.  And it's not just Pinnacles that might be glaring. Maybe suite guests glare at me. Maybe D+'s glare at us when we go to DL. Did you ever think of that. 😉

Luckily for me your opinion on where I can go, is not Royal's opinion or policy. 

We are D and we travel in suites. We have been welcomed in the Suite Lounge with open arms by so many Pinnacle members! We email with several couples we met on our last few sailings. John I think you are on to something 🙂 ...there can be glares from anyone, anywhere. Who really cares, it’s a measure of one’s character of how people handle situations like this. One can turn snarky, or they can smile and be friendly. We try and be friendly and kind to everyone, it has paid off in wonderful friendships! All the lounges can be wonderful, if ohe doesn’t choose to think negatively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1