Smoking on the millenium

macaroni

Smoking is generally mid-ship deck 5 Port.     Also a designated area port in the pool area near the Buffet and Port side of Mast Bar.  

Some times deck 5 is shifted to starboard when fueling and when winds heavy on port side.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Gardener62 said:

Is smoking allowed by the pool?  I am highly allergic to secondhand smoke and so used to not having to worry about it at all.

Yes, there is a designated are on the port side by the buffett. This is on the same deck as the pool. 

Just off the millenium on saturday. The only place we saw smoking was on the left hand side (looking at it) of the mast bar. Never noticed the smell of cigarettes anywhere but was a little disappointed to be sitting at the right hand side of the mast bar and finding the tables covered in cigarette burns. That aside, this was our best cruise ever and Millie is now our favourite ship

1 hour ago, Gardener62 said:

Is smoking allowed by the pool?  I am highly allergic to secondhand smoke and so used to not having to worry about it at all.

There is one area port side near the entrance to the Buffet.   They sometimes move it more to the center.   Would suggest walking on Starboard side and you should be free from the smoke.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:27 AM, macaroni said:

Where is there outdoor smoking allowed in this ship? Want to avoid a cabin near it so I won’t smell smoke when on our balcony.... thanks!

There'll be a Small Dinghy being dragged in the back of the ship. That's the smoking area. Reservations are a Must, as space is Limited......😂😂😂

Edited by rick160158
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/21/2019 at 4:40 PM, Muffinz said:

this was my only bugbear on our cruise last year.... coming from OVC to the pool deck there was always a group of smokers that you had to walk through....

I am not an every day smoker - but I love my smoke when I have it on cruises, trust me, you will live.  There are only a few places to smoke on board....and yet people STILL complain.  Please.....if that is the worst thing going on in your life, to manage to walk 5 seconds through a smoker's area than I think life is pretty good.  Sorry....tired of hearing it.  Move on.....the emissions coming from any car exhaust is worse than any 'second hand' smoke you are getting on a ship.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

I am not an every day smoker - but I love my smoke when I have it on cruises, trust me, you will live.  There are only a few places to smoke on board....and yet people STILL complain.  Please.....if that is the worst thing going on in your life, to manage to walk 5 seconds through a smoker's area than I think life is pretty good.  Sorry....tired of hearing it.  Move on.....the emissions coming from any car exhaust is worse than any 'second hand' smoke you are getting on a ship.

That’s what you say but I think most everyone who does not smoke would strongly disagree with you!  Keep your smoke at home!

41 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I always avoid walking down the Port side of the pool deck when heading to the Solarium and Aqua Spa Cafe.  Always walk on the Starboard side -- the side that has the Pool Side Grill.

Yes, for those so highly averse to even a whiff of cigarette smoke, simply walking down the opposite side is a simple and easy way of avoiding it. Considering the exceedingly small number of designated smoking areas on ships of this size,  I'm still amazed at the amount of sanctimonious whining that goes on. It's not as though it's the least bit difficult to avoid if you simply pay attention to where you are and where you're going.

Now if they would also ban perfumes (and those who insist on dousing themselves in copious quantities of it) in all indoor spaces, and restrict the offending wearers to an isolated designated  "odoriferous" area, I would be a happy cruiser indeed.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mom says said:

Yes, for those so highly averse to even a whiff of cigarette smoke, simply walking down the opposite side is a simple and easy way of avoiding it. Considering the exceedingly small number of designated smoking areas on ships of this size,  I'm still amazed at the amount of sanctimonious whining that goes on. It's not as though it's the least bit difficult to avoid if you simply pay attention to where you are and where you're going.

Now if they would also ban perfumes (and those who insist on dousing themselves in copious quantities of it) in all indoor spaces, and restrict the offending wearers to an isolated designated  "odoriferous" area, I would be a happy cruiser indeed.

Well said, especially the second paragraph.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2019 at 11:51 AM, Gardener62 said:

I didn't know Celebrity allowed smoking at all on its ships.  Is it allowed ion the Alaska cruises or just international ones?

The Millennium was a non smoking ship when it was launched. I'm not sure how long that lasted. That might be why you thought Celebrity was completely non smoking.

32 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

The Millennium was a non smoking ship when it was launched. I'm not sure how long that lasted. That might be why you thought Celebrity was completely non smoking.

I was on the 3rd or 4th sailing of Millennium, and it definitely was not non smoking.  I remember Michael's Club used to be the cigar bar.

Wine O - yes you are right, Milli never was a nonsmoking ship. Oh those complains all the time- highly allergic- yes sorry for those who have it! Those who complain most are usualy those who smoked in their cars, windows closed, kids in the back seat - not even buckled up, in the 70´s until up to the 80s! And wondres over wonders some of those kids are still alive...!

From " sinners'" to saints! I am good person - I don´t smoke... ! Argh!

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Wine O - yes you are right, Milli never was a nonsmoking ship. Oh those complains all the time- highly allergic- yes sorry for those who have it! Those who complain most are usualy those who smoked in their cars, windows closed, kids in the back seat - not even buckled up, in the 70´s until up to the 80s! And wondres over wonders some of those kids are still alive...!

From " sinners'" to saints! I am good person - I don´t smoke... ! Argh!

Absolutely correct, no Celebrity ship has ever been non smoking completely. Actually when Millie was launched they still had indoor smoking

14 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I was on the 3rd or 4th sailing of Millennium, and it definitely was not non smoking.  I remember Michael's Club used to be the cigar bar.

Agreed!