Suite Lounge vs. Concierge Lounge?

1 hour ago, Tasm3n said:

I'd like to tack on a question to this.  What is the difference between the two?

CL invites D+, Pinnacles, and full Suites guests (Grand Suite and above).

SL invites Pinnacles, and full suites.  D+ are kicked back to the DL with ships that have these.  The CL on ships with the newly installed SL have been torn out.  Some smaller ships will simply change their names from CL to SL...Rhapsody is starting to do that.  

Edited by island lady

Yes, been on Liberty many times. Love the suite lounge So where is it on Mariner? I know Isumi was installed on Mariner where the suite lounge is located on Liberty.. The biggest difference to me is the size and location of the suite lounges vs. the small interior concierge lounges. It would be a shame to just call the CL's a suite lounge! Of course the CL's on Radiance class are much larger and nicer than on the Voyager and Freedom class ships, so those may stay as CL's for the time being.

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

Yes, been on Liberty many times. Love the suite lounge So where is it on Mariner? I know Isumi was installed on Mariner where the suite lounge is located on Liberty.. ...

Suite Lounge on Mariner is up in Viking Crown, where the old card and game rooms were.

Whoops. I was thinking it was Mariner where they put Izumi on deck 14. But it was Navigator. Boy, the diamond club looks dismal on NV. Glad Mariner got the usual suite lounge  spot on 14. Would love to go back to Mariner some day. I think she is the most beautiful of the Voyager class. That metal sculpture on decks 3 and up is spectacular.

11 minutes ago, 39august said:

Whoops. I was thinking it was Mariner where they put Izumi on deck 14. But it was Navigator. Boy, the diamond club looks dismal on NV. Glad Mariner got the usual suite lounge  spot on 14. Would love to go back to Mariner some day. I think she is the most beautiful of the Voyager class. That metal sculpture on decks 3 and up is spectacular.

She has always been one of our favorites too.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Some smaller ships will simply change their names from CL to SL...Rhapsody is starting to do that.  

So is Vision. Access has already been restricted to Suites/Pinnacles. 

Taking 8 adults in 3 Grand Suites on Harmony in Nov. 2019.  To date I have been told by CVP and 2 C&A's that we have access to Coastal Kitchen all day and to Suite Lounge for free drinks from 5 to 830 pm.  One CVP told me we do not have access to Suite Lounge and no free drinks.  Would be nice if all employees could read from the same script.

I know John & Laura as well as Bob will know the correct answer.

This will be the "burial at sea" cruise for my husband and I am taking family for support and we may all need a few drinks.

33 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Taking 8 adults in 3 Grand Suites on Harmony in Nov. 2019.  To date I have been told by CVP and 2 C&A's that we have access to Coastal Kitchen all day and to Suite Lounge for free drinks from 5 to 830 pm.  One CVP told me we do not have access to Suite Lounge and no free drinks.  Would be nice if all employees could read from the same script.

This will be the "burial at sea" cruise for my husband and I am taking family for support and we may all need a few drinks.

If you are in a suite above Junior you will have access to the suite lounge. And to the CK although i have read dinner reservations are getting glommed up by Pinnacles. If you have a question, email the concierge. 

We are 'burying' Dad at sea in August . mom's first cruise !

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Anthem and Ovation still have the suite lounge.  Looking forward to it in 34 days.

jc

I thought Quantum class ships still had a Concierge Lounge?

Rhapsody has a concierge/suite lounge and a diamond lounge. All are packed at peak evening hours.

Pinnacles despite stateroom category  make up the largest group in this lounge during our two last Rhapsody cruises. Suite pax are welcome and can be recognized as not having pins:)

We have been in Grand Suites and so have access to the concierge/suite lounge (if you can find a seat). Overflow goes into an adjoining area and then the Viking Crown Lounge.

I am not familiar with anyone with a Junior Suite having access to the suite or concierge lounge but maybe they do on certain ships. We did go to see the Diamond lounge. Packed! Great concierge working there.

O I am a desylexic nincompoop. I meant Concierge Lounge.  Our cabin is about 75 feet from the CL on my upcoming cruise.

Sorry.  Although I think on the ultra quantum or whatever they call the next two there will only be the suite lounge.

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk

14 minutes ago, Loucat said:

...  I am not familiar with anyone with a Junior Suite having access to the suite or concierge lounge but maybe they do on certain ships.  ...

No access to suite or concierge lounge on any Royal ship for those in Junior Suites, unless of course their C&A level gives them access.

2 hours ago, Snit13 said:

You will access all day. I would not worry to much about the Pins. It's really overblown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1