Taking food on at embarkation

6 minutes ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

Ok, to all the Royal experts, I bought dark chocolate salted caramels to take on our cruise.  Being the weak person that I am, I already opened them😜 So, do you think they will be banned?

Don't take the chance, finish them quickly. 

12 minutes ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

Ok, to all the Royal experts, I bought dark chocolate salted caramels to take on our cruise.  Being the weak person that I am, I already opened them😜 So, do you think they will be banned?

You can bring them on.  

17 minutes ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

Of course not. Why should they care?

27 minutes ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

You can try 🙂. Maybe keep them in the box?  Pack them in your checked bag.    Worst that could happen is that they take your bag to the naughty room.

5 minutes ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

I only asked because there strict rules about bringing unwrapped food aboard but I thought it applied mostly to fruits and produce because of the possibility of insect contamination to other areas or back to the states.

If you weren't about 2 hours south of me, I would gladly help you eat them.

2 hours ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

You will not get 2 steps in the door with those chocolates. PM me so I can give you an address to send them to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like your thinking.  I bought some chocolate bars in Miami to bring onboard so I could get my chocolate fix.  Then I was surprised to find I didn’t even touch them all week.   But if I didn’t have them I probably would have been wishing for them. 

I now get my daily ration of chocolate and nuts in the Windjammer so I usually don't bother bringing on my dark chocolate bars anymore. Typically I add these to my breakfast cereal. Even small waffles of dark chocolate were available.

In fact we went into IKEA just prior to our last cruise and they had a special on for their Mork (dark) chocolate bars so I brought a few on board and didn't eat any of these while on Serenade.

Edited by robtulipe

I doubt they'd check in carry-on or checked.  That said we brought a fair supply of staples as we're vegan in case we needed to supplement what we found on board (it can be hit or miss) - we found enough on board though I did enjoy my sriracha packets to add some heat to things as I don't tend to like the on board hot sauces 🙂  No one balked at our one suitcase of swim stuff and food staples 🙂

2 hours ago, LBumb said:

Take food on a cruise

hmmmmm

why ?????

I am Type 2 diabetic.  One cruise I woke up during the night with low blood sugar.  The only thing in the room to eat quickly were the pillow chocolates.

After that incident I always bring some kind of granola bars, etc. to have in the room in case it happens again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

Well, they came from Costco sooooo, definitely enough to share😜😎

Oh I love these from Costco.  Thdy are delicious.

Will have to get these for our next B2B.

Always need a little nibble of chocolate candy, no matter how plentiful the desserts.

That's why I need a daily trip to the gym while on board, & then really stockpile the veggies & other healthy things when get home.

blob.png

19 hours ago, pinkrosesdeb said:

I only asked because there strict rules about bringing unwrapped food aboard but I thought it applied mostly to fruits and produce because of the possibility of insect contamination to other areas or back to the states.

Wrapped foods still in sealed containers are fine...but....    

DH was about to take a nice leftover piece of fresh warm Maine blueberry pie in a plastic container on board in Portland Maine.  Security stopped him.  So what did he do?

He sat on one of the portable chairs near them and ate the rest of the pie in front of them.  They were drooling, wishing they could have confiscated it from him.  😄 

Seriously though, the DH and I always bring wrapped candy on board.  We give them out to the cabin attendants, bartenders, waiters...etc.  Repeat cruises always have the grateful recipients happy to see us again!  Christmas time I hang little candy canes from a stocking attached to our door with a magnet hook.  Very popular.  🙂  Enjoy your chocolates!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1