Norwegians get to enjoy coffee-why don’t we?

Notonboard

Noticed watching a video that Norwegian Cruises have a coffee maker in their room. My only gripe about Princess is the lack of coffee and tea in the room. Does anyone think that Princess will provide coffee makers in the future?  

I know that,  have hauled a thermos in my suitcase. Just thought it would be nice to make my own fresh cup in the mornings. Ahhh getting up not waking up others and not having to get dressed unless i sit out on my balcony.

• Like 1

Was surprised to see a kettle on our Celebrity Cruise out of Southampton to the Med. a few years ago.  We didn't need it and it took up a lot of room on what little desk space there was, compared to that on HAL and Princess ships we've been on.  I figured it was because there were probably a lot of Brits on the cruise.

Edited by BarbinMich

5 minutes ago, Notonboard said:

I know that,  have hauled a thermos in my suitcase. Just thought it would be nice to make my own fresh cup in the mornings. Ahhh getting up not waking up others and not having to get dressed unless i sit out on my balcony.

Just order room service at a set time.

Had a coffee maker in my cabin on NCL Bliss this past November. Honestly did not make much use of it with having to get up early and rushing to get ready for port and excursions. Half of the time we ended up getting coffee in Lido since we were already up there getting breakfast. I even brought my own coffee pods (those coffee makers are not KCUP compatible) and  even with that did not use the coffee maker as much as I thought I would.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Notonboard said:

Take a French Press with you and use water brought by room service or water from either the HC or the IC whichever is closer.

• Like 1

I don't think it will happen, and, if it comes to a vote of customer preference, I'm saying, "No."

There is precious little room in the cabin as it is.

Also, it is another item for the room steward to clean and maintain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We almost never use the one in hotel rooms so I sincerely doubt we would make use of one in our cabin. As XBGuy said, it would be one more thing for the overworked steward to deal with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

Take a French Press with you and use water brought by room service or water from either the HC or the IC whichever is closer.

I love this idea! I French press our coffee every morning and never thought to bring presser onboard.  

5 hours ago, Notonboard said:

Noticed watching a video that Norwegian Cruises have a coffee maker in their room. My only gripe about Princess is the lack of coffee and tea in the room. Does anyone think that Princess will provide coffee makers in the future?  

Yes but only on some ships that sail out of Southampton  for summer season kettles are/will be available  in the cabins.  There was a post on here under the news section reporting that Sapphire Princess will have kettles in cabins this summer.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8815

Not sure it will happen but we enjoy having coffee makers in hotel rooms and ship's cabins. 

Don't want to carry a thermos flask, insulated cup or request room service as they rarely arrive when requested. (Must admit..they are usually early)

When I go to bed I don't necessarily know what time I will wake up !

• Like 3

To the best of my knowledge, of all the mass cruise lines, other than suites, NCL is the only line to offer the coffee machines in the cabins. I agree it's a great perk, and I've enjoyed it, but other lines offer free room service, and i use that every morning for coffee and pasties before I stuff my face in the buffet or other venue.

As Cabin4three comments Sapphire Princess from Southampton will have kettles in cabins this year.

Cunard definitely have kettles in cabins as do (I think) P&O.

Love having kettle in my room, don't like ordering it from room service. Just want to pop the kettle on when I fancy a cuppa.

Edited by kayelbee
correction

23 hours ago, Potstech said:

You can have all the coffee and tea you wish in your cabn.  You just can not heat the water in your room.  I bring an insulated cup wth me for this very reason.

I order 2 pots of hot water the first day.  I bring packets of Starbucks instant coffee - Colombian.  We have coffee on our balcony.  Since we don't like to wait for room service, I keep the pots (hide them), then I get my walk and stairs in and go to Lido for hot water.  Works for us and the coffee is good!  I also bring D'Vita Cappuccino - not paying for it on any ship.

• Like 1