Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

16 hours ago, notladjr said:

If its any consolation it wouldn't matter if the Bills were in the Superbowl because a few years back they proved they can't win them even if they get there! (how in the world do you make it to 4 Super Bowls in a row and not win at least one????). Come to think of it though at least your team got there those times. My Tennessee Titans have only gottern there once and lost.

Look at the Atlanta Braves World Series record for you answer.   Went to many post season series with only 1 world series title.

Or how about the Atlanta Falcons being up by 25 points in 3rd quarter and losing Super Bowl.

WE need a pity party thread for our cities teams.   🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Just out of curiosity, as a service dog owner, do you find it offensive when pets are bogusly called service animals or ESA? Just wondering. In this day & age when people are taking advantage of the system, I wonder if it affects the actual service animals & their owners?

Yes, it bothers me greatly as bogus dogs make it harder for those who have properly trained and legitimate service dogs.   All it takes is a dog getting aggressive with my dog to put him out of commission as a service dog.   I know of a woman whose Seeing Eye Dog was attacked and ruined the dog for work.  (do know the dog is now a treasured pet...but the woman REALLY needed the dog's services, the dog was her freedom and independence)  

Dogs urinating and defecating in public areas isn't good.  Yes, accidents CAN happen but a good handler does all they can to ensure the dog is given LOTS of opportunities to go where they should.   A misbehaving bogus dog gives the legitimate dogs a bad name as people think that's what most are like.   

I have had people become angry with me for not allowing my dog to be petted.   I will say, however, I am finding more and more parents are teaching their children about "helper dogs" and that is a positive!

I also cannot put all blame on the general public.  Handlers themselves can create problems for themselves.   I've seen some with a sense of entitlement and that bothers me just as much.   There is a happy medium.   Not that I am perfect, but I do try to think of others.  Hence I'll never just walk into an elevator without asking if the people inside mind.   I don't get offended if they don't want me to get on with him.

While my dog is trained to behave in buffets and keeps his face/nose/body away from the food, I rarely go to one with him.  On a cruise, many times the staff will get the food for me while I stand off a ways.  Makes everyone happier and isn't a big deal to me.  (and yes, I am sure to thank the crew member!)     At dinner he goes under the table.  Since I have to notify the cruise line WELL in advance I have my dog, I ask if I can be sat out of the way.  I would never be offended if someone didn't want to sit at the same table.   Still, I believe I have the right to eat dinner in the MDR as long as I do my part.

And since EVERYONE asks where he goes.  Plus various other photos.  The last two photos are before I got the harness he now wears that helps him guide me to not walk into walls and things.                                                                                    

IMG_1271.JPG

shuttle.jpg

fr10.jpg

tianablurry.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Look at the Atlanta Braves World Series record for you answer.   Went to many post season series with only 1 world series title.

Or how about the Atlanta Falcons being up by 25 points in 3rd quarter and losing Super Bowl.

WE need a pity party thread for our cities teams.   🙂

Don't make me show this again... 🤣

The Vikings Superbowl Trophy Case.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, thephantomsgirl said:

Yes, it bothers me greatly as bogus dogs make it harder for those who have properly trained and legitimate service dogs.   All it takes is a dog getting aggressive with my dog to put him out of commission as a service dog.   I know of a woman whose Seeing Eye Dog was attacked and ruined the dog for work.  (do know the dog is now a treasured pet...but the woman REALLY needed the dog's services, the dog was her freedom and independence)  

Dogs urinating and defecating in public areas isn't good.  Yes, accidents CAN happen but a good handler does all they can to ensure the dog is given LOTS of opportunities to go where they should.   A misbehaving bogus dog gives the legitimate dogs a bad name as people think that's what most are like.   

I have had people become angry with me for not allowing my dog to be petted.   I will say, however, I am finding more and more parents are teaching their children about "helper dogs" and that is a positive!

I also cannot put all blame on the general public.  Handlers themselves can create problems for themselves.   I've seen some with a sense of entitlement and that bothers me just as much.   There is a happy medium.   Not that I am perfect, but I do try to think of others.  Hence I'll never just walk into an elevator without asking if the people inside mind.   I don't get offended if they don't want me to get on with him.

While my dog is trained to behave in buffets and keeps his face/nose/body away from the food, I rarely go to one with him.  On a cruise, many times the staff will get the food for me while I stand off a ways.  Makes everyone happier and isn't a big deal to me.  (and yes, I am sure to thank the crew member!)     At dinner he goes under the table.  Since I have to notify the cruise line WELL in advance I have my dog, I ask if I can be sat out of the way.  I would never be offended if someone didn't want to sit at the same table.   Still, I believe I have the right to eat dinner in the MDR as long as I do my part.

And since EVERYONE asks where he goes.  Plus various other photos.  The last two photos are before I got the harness he now wears that helps him guide me to not walk into walls and things.                                                                                    

Thank you very much for your POV as the owner of a true Service Animal.  People who bring their bogus animals on cruises, because the cost of keeping them at home (either a pet sitter or a kennel) are costly --- make it more difficult for the owners of truly necessary Service Animals, but it also makes it very 'distrusting' for the general public.   I can tell the difference quickly when in the presence of a true Service Animal and the training they have been given makes the life of the person they serve so much more inclusive in our society,  as it should be. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

T  People who bring their bogus animals on cruises, because the cost of keeping them at home (either a pet sitter or a kennel) are costly --- make it more difficult for the owners of truly necessary Service Animals, but it also makes it very 'distrusting' for the general public. 

Actually, if I may bring up cost.  While the cruise lines do not charge for the dog, there ARE expenses to bringing one on board, which people may not realize.   First, usually I have to get an Import Certificate from the country(ies)  That takes time, especially with the Bahamas.  I tend to FAX it to them to cut down on time.    For the Bahamas, dogs must now have the Cornavirus vaccine.  Not that easy to find.  Must have one shot, and then a booster one month later.  Think it cost me like $60 for that.

Then between 10 days and 48 hours before the cruise I have to have a vet visit for the International Health Certificate and a parasite exam.  The cheapest that has ever been is $88.  Usually more like $135.    

People also tend to think, "oh what fun it would be to bring my fluffy one on board".   It actually is a lot of work.  Which, to me is worth it because I need him.   Countless walks to the relief area to make SURE.  Bringing dog food.   You cannot leave the dog in the cabin.   So there are a few places I can't go.   Some ports I don't want to take him off ship because of issues.   (loose dogs, no where to go that would have dog friendly transport, etc.)   Foot protection for the dog's paws on hot surfaces.   Must take enough water.   Being mindful of heat.    Being always aware of things.   I've had people literally run up to my dog and try to hug him.    People asking me "what's wrong with you?"   People can get really personal with that.  (I have a few snappy replies if they get TOO obnoxious)  

Again, my dog's help is worth it to me.  But it's not all fun and games as some tend to think. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

OP can you please update us? Have you emailed Michael Bayley, as has been suggested? 

After going to though some phone calls with Royal I supposedly got to an executive customer service rep.
They pulled all kinds of security video I am told

they told me the dog did not pee on my child but that maybe it did on the floor and we stepped in it (which i've always said is possible even though it was on her leg)  

they would not let me view the footage and told me to get a lawyer if I wanted to see it 

they refuse to provide any vet records 

They almost went as far as saying there was no pee on the floor and I'm making this up - even though there are witnesses 

I almost felt like they were trying to say my daughter peed her self - even though her clothing was not wet at all so i'm not even going to entertain this 

After all that I asked if they thought it was not pee why was a Hazmat Suite needed to clean. IN which I was told this was standard to clean any bodily fluid up in public areas.  Even though the bathroom attendants don't need them which I find odd. 

Also - i was once again told this is the first time they have ever heard of this passenger and his dog doing any sort of thing. I mentioned the countless reports and stories on line - and that all the crew and past customers seemed to know of this issue - at which point I was asked if I could see into RCCL's corporate computers and read if there are any reports filed. 

Honestly - i've never been treated so poorly before. I've asked them for nothing. RCCL is continuting to lie and cover up.  I agree with those that say its just pee - clean it and move on. I was almost happy to until the rest unfolded. Until I was lied to. Until the OWner of the Dog didnt care. Until I read about this dog urinating and deficating where ever it has to and nothing being done about it. Until Royal showed that they needed a Hazmat unit to clean it up ... hey something may be wrong here maybe we should get my kid checked out and file a report just in case. And then trying to make me into the criminal here and denying this guy has ever done anywrong. 

The email to the CEO has been sent. I doubt i'll hear from anyone 

and I doubt ill ever step foot on a Royal ship again 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, thephantomsgirl said:

Actually, if I may bring up cost.  While the cruise lines do not charge for the dog, there ARE expenses to bringing one on board, which people may not realize.   First, usually I have to get an Import Certificate from the country(ies)  That takes time, especially with the Bahamas.  I tend to FAX it to them to cut down on time.    For the Bahamas, dogs must now have the Cornavirus vaccine.  Not that easy to find.  Must have one shot, and then a booster one month later.  Think it cost me like $60 for that.

Then between 10 days and 48 hours before the cruise I have to have a vet visit for the International Health Certificate and a parasite exam.  The cheapest that has ever been is $88.  Usually more like $135.    

People also tend to think, "oh what fun it would be to bring my fluffy one on board".   It actually is a lot of work.  Which, to me is worth it because I need him.   Countless walks to the relief area to make SURE.  Bringing dog food.   You cannot leave the dog in the cabin.   So there are a few places I can't go.   Some ports I don't want to take him off ship because of issues.   (loose dogs, no where to go that would have dog friendly transport, etc.)   Foot protection for the dog's paws on hot surfaces.   Must take enough water.   Being mindful of heat.    Being always aware of things.   I've had people literally run up to my dog and try to hug him.    People asking me "what's wrong with you?"   People can get really personal with that.  (I have a few snappy replies if they get TOO obnoxious)  

Again, my dog's help is worth it to me.  But it's not all fun and games as some tend to think. 

No doubt there are costs associated with bringing Service Animals onboard for the assistance of their owners.....I was clearly referring to the costs that dog owners of 'not real Service Animals' want to avoid by leaving their pets at home.   I have a dear friend who when they vacation have a pet sitter come to their house and it is costly, but they would NEVER consider lying to a cruise line and claim their dog is a Service Animal when it is not.  They just consider the cost of the pet sitter (or the kennel before they found a pet sitter that they liked and trusted) as a side expense to their vacation.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Thank you very much for your POV as the owner of a true Service Animal.  People who bring their bogus animals on cruises, because the cost of keeping them at home (either a pet sitter or a kennel) are costly --- make it more difficult for the owners of truly necessary Service Animals, but it also makes it very 'distrusting' for the general public.   I can tell the difference quickly when in the presence of a true Service Animal and the training they have been given makes the life of the person they serve so much more inclusive in our society,  as it should be. 

Agree 100% and thank you too @thephantomsgirl for your insights and sharing your experiences and photos 🙂

10 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

After going to though some phone calls with Royal I supposedly got to an executive customer service rep.

they told me the dog did not pee on my child but that maybe it did on the floor and we stepped in it (which i've always said is possible even though it was on her leg)  

they would not let me view the footage and told me to get a lawyer if I wanted to see it 

They almost went as far as saying there was no pee on the floor and I'm making this up - even though there are witnesses 

I almost felt like they were trying to say my daughter peed her self - even though her clothing was not wet at all so i'm not even going to entertain this 

Ugh, this would have me in fight mode!  If I knew, as you did, this happened 100%, I would not rest until they acknowledged it.  To be brushed off or told it didn't happen the way I stated by someone not there they wouldn't hear the end of it. 

I hope you get some resolution though!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

After all that I asked if they thought it was not pee why was a Hazmat Suite needed to clean. IN which I was told this was standard to clean any bodily fluid up in public areas.  Even though the bathroom attendants don't need them which I find odd. 

Also - i was once again told this is the first time they have ever heard of this passenger and his dog doing any sort of thing. I mentioned the countless reports and stories on line - and that all the crew and past customers seemed to know of this issue - at which point I was asked if I could see into RCCL's corporate computers and read if there are any reports filed. 

Honestly - i've never been treated so poorly before. I've asked them for nothing. RCCL is continuting to lie and cover up.  I agree with those that say its just pee - clean it and move on. I was almost happy to until the rest unfolded. Until I was lied to. Until the OWner of the Dog didnt care. Until I read about this dog urinating and deficating where ever it has to and nothing being done about it. Until Royal showed that they needed a Hazmat unit to clean it up ... hey something may be wrong here maybe we should get my kid checked out and file a report just in case. And then trying to make me into the criminal here and denying this guy has ever done anywrong. 

Wow...  Just Wow..   So, I'm on the Anthem on the 20th of April.  If this individual is on the ship with his dog and if I see anything that will help your case, I'll be sure to take pics and video if possible to help your case prove that this happens and has happened....  Truly sorry that you first, experienced this and second, treated like this :-(

Edited by ScottVV
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

What exactly do you want?  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thephantomsgirl said:

Thank you for these insights, I never expected it was a bargain for true service animals as they are working and highly trained but I didn't know these steps.  And I will never understand why anyone is offended they can't touch service dogs, I know I always want but completely respect they're doing their job!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thephantomsgirl said:

IMG_1271.JPG

You seem like a very considerate and wonderful being. Your pupper has the sweetest face. :)

Despite my slight allergies to dogs, I would sit with you as well. ☺️

• Like 2

While do not agree with this person bringing an obviously fake service animal on board ship, I am not going to condemn the Cruise line. Like all business they are between a rock and a hard place when ot comes to these things. it is so easy to get a piece of paper and claim your animal os a service animal. I have sen this go so far as to have serve chickens and I heard of one case of a service ferret. When these papers are presented they are not allowed to ask anymore questions. However the owner is still responsible for that animal and its actions. If bitten by a so called service animal the owner is responsible not the establishment especially if the paper work was presented as a service animal. In my opinion the cruise line should charge the owner cleanup fee and other items ad just price him off the ship.

29 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

Glad you sent the email. Now post on social media about this so called service dog & RCL response to you when you called them. At this point I would be furious. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, noyes66 said:

I’ve stepped in gum before on a hot day, and it really ticked me off. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TTraub1250 said:

Glad they are now limiting the ships to service dogs only. These dog owners do not want to pay the $60 to $100 per night for a good dog kennel, so they get their doctor to write a note saying it is a emotional support dog !  On a cruise ship in such close quarters, the dog owners have to provide emotional support to the dog, because in high stress situations such as a dog experiences on a cruise, the dog is stressed out. Seen several dogs just stand there and shake, they were so stressed out.  Even the highly selected dogs  (only a couple breeds) that go through EMS training, can fail/flunk out of training school,  because they can not "work" in high stress situations.  These owners of "pets" who claim these dogs are emotional support, are not trained and quite frankly are clueless to stress put on dogs in certain situations that are common on ships.  Be kind to your pet and do not bring them on a ship !  Service dogs that are properly trained and are working, are most welcome ! 

I feel there is more to it than just saving money.  Having Bella on the ship with us would totally ruin my vacation. I wouldn't complicate that for a couple hundred dollars.  

BTW, I have no idea where you pay $60 - $100 per night.  That's insane.  We've boarded a few times and it's like $25. Small dogs are generally less expensive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, noyes66 said:

Thanks for updating.

If they don't reply or just send a typical fob off letter email them again as in my experience with cruiselines you need to email more than once before they take you seriously.

We love animals but would not pet any outside the UK because of Rabies etc and as we always wear expensive clothes we would be livid if any peed on us and I certainly would not let the owner walk away because we would demand our clothes cleaned professionally.

I personally have never seen a dog or other animal on a ship in 49 cruises all bar 5 in Europe/Mediterranean.

1 hour ago, noyes66 said:

Thank you for your efforts and taking the time to share your information/experience.

It's clearly not a laughing matter, and worthy of the attention of the cruise line.

• Like 3