Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Interesting,  if he just turned PC in 2017, he doesn't have the cruise points/history to warrant special exemptions.  We ascended in 2017 as well and are still newbies. 

More likely he is lawsuit happy and has made that known. All he has to do is stick to his story that Tommy does provide a service. Proof otherwise is most likely a challenging proposition.  

The only service Tommy has performed is to make this thread very popular.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Parents with young children pack small blow up pools/bath tubs to put in the base of their shower to bath young children who are either too young to take a shower or who are afraid to take a shower.  The child's leg could have been easily washed with the removable shower wand, without having to unpack the tub, but the OP might have felt more comfortable completely bathing the child.

Never heard of this and I'm the mother of 5 and a peds nurse. But my youngest is 16 and we probably would have had her stick her leg in the shower, used a washcloth with soap, or used a baby wipe.  Not to nitpick the story, but if that was the case, then I wonder if they didn't plan on bathing her the next day? Why would it be packed? 

I feel badly for the parents but I've stepped in dog poop before and had a dog pee on my foot and I didn't recreate the silkwood scene. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Never heard of this and I'm the mother of 5 and a peds nurse. But my youngest is 16 and we probably would have had her stick her leg in the shower, used a washcloth with soap, or used a baby wipe.  Not to nitpick the story, but if that was the case, then I wonder if they didn't plan on bathing her the next day? Why would it be packed? 

I feel badly for the parents but I've stepped in dog poop before and had a dog pee on my foot and I didn't recreate the silkwood scene. 

Lots of people bring the blow up pool for babies and maybe for someone up to 2 years old.  I never heard of someone bringing one for a 4 year old.  My grandson just turned 4 and no way would he even be able to fit in one. If a young child doesn't like to stand in the shower, I would just let them sit on a towel in the shower and use the hose.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of dogs.  Doesn't mean I hate them.  I understand why people like them as companions and certainly understand trained dogs providing services.  That said, people bringing dogs is way out of control and everyone is afraid of these dog owners.  

I also have a 4 year old child.  I can get him cleaned up in 10 seconds.  Seriously.  it would have been enough at some guy had their dog piss all of my kid and I'm mad.  The whole dramatic production of trying to bathe the child is beyond belief though.  Why embellish the story to make it seem worse.  Getting pissed on is bad enough.  Stick to facts.  It is not the worlds biggest ordeal that they had to bathe the child.  Still, I am on the OP side.  I don't want pets on ships.  One guy had a snappy little mutt dog biting towards my son; I'd have found the scummiest lawyer on the planet to sue the guy back to the stone ages had my son been bit, so I *get it*.  

What happened that all these 40-70 year old men can't conduct life without a 5 pound dog being carried like a newborn?  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Check out the family forum and other posts in this thread, many use them for young kids.  As far as the next day, I would guess the child wasn't taking a bath prior to disembarking the ship.  I doubt they wouldn't be the only person who didn't shower the morning they disembarked the ship.

• Like 1

We went to a Pups and Beers benefit for local humane  society last night. I thought of this thread. 

While having a pint, we witnessed two dogs take a poop on the floor in the pub where beers and food where served. The second one was a Great Dane and it looked like a horse turd. We left leaving behind two unfinished pints. 

It was gross. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

The accident that happened to that woman can happen to anyone.  I'm sure she was mortified and probably was embarrassed to be seen for the rest of the cruise.  I have Crohn's and that is my biggest fear.  This has nothing to do with a fake service dog that is not trained, and an owner that doesn't care. 

It has to do with stuff happening to anyone.  OP admits may not have been pee'd on but stepped in a puddle.  I've seen little boys running to the restroom from the pool and not make it.  This lady had a sudden onset of something.  Stuff happens.  Source is irrelevant.  

1 hour ago, sft429 said:
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

<snip>  She has already admitted that there is a chance the girl stepped in it. <snip>>>>

Yeah, that would make it so much better...

Exactly.

Whether the dog peed on the child or right in front of the child who stepped in it doesn't alter the situation. The pee never should have been there in the first place.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I'm not a big fan of dogs.  Doesn't mean I hate them.  I understand why people like them as companions and certainly understand trained dogs providing services.  That said, people bringing dogs is way out of control and everyone is afraid of these dog owners.  

I also have a 4 year old child.  I can get him cleaned up in 10 seconds.  Seriously.  it would have been enough at some guy had their dog piss all of my kid and I'm mad.  The whole dramatic production of trying to bathe the child is beyond belief though.  Why embellish the story to make it seem worse.  Getting pissed on is bad enough.  Stick to facts.  It is not the worlds biggest ordeal that they had to bathe the child.  Still, I am on the OP side.  I don't want pets on ships.  One guy had a snappy little mutt dog biting towards my son; I'd have found the scummiest lawyer on the planet to sue the guy back to the stone ages had my son been bit, so I *get it*.  

What happened that all these 40-70 year old men can't conduct life without a 5 pound dog being carried like a newborn?  

The fact the man walked away and didn't  even apologize or check the child was okay is indefensible and that alone should have had him reprimanded and probably locked in his cabin for the rest of the cruise and banned from RCI.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, twangster said:

On Navigator in December I did see a lady leave a trail of diarrhea on deck 12 from the Sky Bar area through to the ladies room deck 12 forward port side.  They had several employees in hazmat suits cleaning it up, both outside and on the carpet inside.  The trail was unmistakable as was her destination.  Later my daughter went into that restroom and told me one stall was sprayed all over with it.  Apparently it was explosive by the time the lady made it into the stall but before she could aim at the toilet.  Nearly induced my daughter to vomit.  They cleaned the deck and carpet but neglected the bathroom stall.  

When I saw the hazmat guys I was wondering what they were doing until I saw it on the deck outside.  Quite unpleasant.  Just assumed she too ate at Izumi's.  Their tuna was foul on that cruise, couldn't get it past our nose.  

I just keep thinking of the little Dutch boy. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Exactly.

Whether the dog peed on the child or right in front of the child who stepped in it doesn't alter the situation. The pee never should have been there in the first place.

Absolutely,  but refer to post #450

52 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Absolutely!  If that situation hits few of us can get to safety quickly or without incident and I expect most everyone has come close at some point in their life!  

We call those close calls a photo finish 😯

• Haha 1

IMHO it's disgusting that some pax get away with bringing on these fake service dogs.  We have to submit our passport information....those pax with dogs should have to submit verified paper work from the government that proves they are an actual registered support dog...and a recent Veterinarian health report proving all shots are up to date.  

Time to stop the obvious abuse.  🤨

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

IMHO it's disgusting that some pax get away with bringing on these fake service dogs.  We have to submit our passport information....those pax with dogs should have to submit verified paper work from the government that proves they are an actual registered support dog...and a recent Veterinarian health report proving all shots are up to date.  

Sadly, it's a litigious world we live in. I doubt much changes. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, noyes66 said:

The first time I saw the dog it seemed to be in a wagon of shorts being strolled around 

the last time i saw it it was on a leash going into an elevator as my family was walking out 

as they walked in the dog peed everwhere right outside of the elevator including my daughter's leg and shoe 

There's absolutely no excuse for this behavior.  It sounds like the dog needs to go for a swim.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline wants to go on the North Star on Quantum class.

We have sailed on  many ships from Southampton and will try Anthem if she comes here.

Fortunately we are more strict about ESA in the UK and this gentleman sounds like a US citizen who would find it almost impossible to come here with his pet.

Pauline will get here chance the Anthem is back in Southampton in 2020. We have 2 cruises already booked, as we need an accessible cabin . 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I totally agree all those animal health reports should be strictly enforced.

It is much stricter in the UK and Europe and I have never seen an animal on a ship or aeroplane.