Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Beauty of a day to sit on the balcony and chat with everyone. Thanks

20190329_161210.jpg

I hate you.

Mid-50's and cloudy up here in the over-priced NY area....land of $10 beers and $65 boarding kennels. 🙂

After winter though, mid-50's feels like mid-70's. I actually rolled up the sleeves of my flannel shirt for a bit. lol

I don't really hate you....just your view. LOL (kidding)

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've heard the dogs owner is of Pinnacle status and spends a lot of time cruising.  He spends $$$ so I doubt Royal will boot him.

It's his fake ESA and anyone elses fake ESA that needs to be banned from the ship.

• Like 6

Last July on the Summit a rather large dog in a rather large stroller  managed to bark at people during the week.  The best was in the dining room when the stroller blocked the aisle and the dog was barking.  The owner claimed the people bothered the dog!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Why so much faith in the tale of the OP. 🤔 She has already admitted that there is a chance the girl stepped in it.  The original post is about half the experience and the rest shipboard gossip. We've definitely been bamboozled around here before. 😉

Agreed.  I'm still wondering where are all of the "countless reports and stories on line" about this dog that the OP refers to.

Edited by time4u2go

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I hate you.

Mid-50's and cloudy up here in the over-priced NY area....land of $10 beers and $65 boarding kennels. 🙂

After winter though, mid-50's feels like mid-70's. I actually rolled up the sleeves of my flannel shirt for a bit. lol

I don't really hate you....just your view. LOL (kidding)

It really is gorgeous today. The first wave of snowbirds are headed north this weekend. 

Screenshot_20190329-180729_Weather.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

ESA's can still be on the ship.  They have been grandfathered in, if the cruise was booked before July 2018.  So we may have about another year of seeing them on the ships.

And that's if Royal has the chutzpah to enforce their own policy.  I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Last July on the Summit a rather large dog in a rather large stroller  managed to bark at people during the week.  The best was in the dining room when the stroller blocked the aisle and the dog was barking.  The owner claimed the people bothered the dog!

OMG ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Beauty of a day to sit on the balcony and chat with everyone. Thanks

20190329_161210.jpg

😛  That doesn't suck, no wonder my princess seems stressed his view is only of trees!  Said princess is one of my 3 who I miss but am happy to leave off the ship!

IMG_8508.thumb.jpg.1466940604dd3061316e731bdae2a9f3.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

😛  That doesn't suck, no wonder my princess seems stressed his view is only of trees!  Said princess is one of my 3 who I miss but am happy to leave off the ship!

IMG_8508.thumb.jpg.1466940604dd3061316e731bdae2a9f3.jpg

Miniature horse more likely. She seems content

1. We may not have “block,” but we have “ignore” and I highly recommend it for lowering blood pressure  😝

2. So if you run into that Pinnacle and his dog on your travels, is the appropriate greeting “So you are that inconsiderate a$$hole everyone has been complaining about?” 😂🤣

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure that is out of the service animal policy. I'm still waiting on seeing a miniature horse.

I fail to see the problem, he is very well behaved! 😜

A38140C3-8E25-4B37-A1CD-F5B83DE1134E.gif

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It only takes one if you happen to be the victim...

I would hardly call myself a "victim" if a dog peed on me. No, I would simply be an adult and go wash it off my leg, and likely have to change my sandals.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twangster said:

I too was on their Pinnacle cruise doing a B2B on Anthem in 2017.  Saw owner and dog each get a Pinnacle certification at the top tier event.

They waited with us in the terminal waiting as we were waiting to be processed by CBP as part of the B2B process.   The CBP agents all knew the dog's name and didn't ask for any paperwork for it.  

I never saw or heard of any issues on those two cruises, 19 nights total.  

On Navigator in December I did see a lady leave a trail of diarrhea on deck 12 from the Sky Bar area through to the ladies room deck 12 forward port side.  They had several employees in hazmat suits cleaning it up, both outside and on the carpet inside.  The trail was unmistakable as was her destination.  Later my daughter went into that restroom and told me one stall was sprayed all over with it.  Apparently it was explosive by the time the lady made it into the stall but before she could aim at the toilet.  Nearly induced my daughter to vomit.  They cleaned the deck and carpet but neglected the bathroom stall.  

When I saw the hazmat guys I was wondering what they were doing until I saw it on the deck outside.  Quite unpleasant.  Just assumed she too ate at Izumi's.  Their tuna was foul on that cruise, couldn't get it past our nose.  

Clearly this is why they needed more dry dock time, and my Feb 24th Nav cruise was cancelled. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gaylemh said:

The accident that happened to that woman can happen to anyone.  I'm sure she was mortified and probably was embarrassed to be seen for the rest of the cruise.  I have Crohn's and that is my biggest fear.  This has nothing to do with a fake service dog that is not trained, and an owner that doesn't care. 

All kidding aside. In my career, I have seen this happen many times. Usually when a patient has c. diff. I can only imagine how mortifying it would be, which is why next to safety, it is important that dignity is preserved as much as possible. I don't know what I would have done in this situation, but I hope the nurse in me would have kicked in, because this lady would have needed some compassion. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It really is gorgeous today. The first wave of snowbirds are headed north this weekend. 

Not long now... and we will have our roads back! Sun City Center is a nightmare during snowbird season. 

• Haha 1