Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Really crowded now between snowbirds and spring breakers

I'm starting to hate March - between snowbirds, baseball fans and spring breakers the Phoenix area has been crazy this month and, we saw our first 90 degree day this week 😅

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

Clearly this is why they needed more dry dock time, and my Feb 24th Nav cruise was cancelled. 

I was booked on that one too as a B2B. 

No worries, the suite sun deck area is mere steps away from the now cold trail.  Gold cards have no idea what they are nearly walking on.  

Edited by twangster

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I may have to mow tomorrow.  Spring sucks

jc

In the spirit of this thread, if your dogs pees enough in the yard, they will eventually kill the grass.

It may be a bit spotty but hey, every little bit helps. 😁

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I doubt I have multiple sandals while on a cruise, but yeah, I agree.

jc

Would you agree if I peed on your leg? 😉

Edited by HBE4

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:
2 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

See... this is why children should also not be allowed on ships. 🤣  (donning flame retardant suit now)

Agree again

jc

Triple agree.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

In the spirit of this thread, if your dogs pees enough in the yard, they will eventually kill the grass.

It may be a bit spotty but hey, every little bit helps. 😁

My emotional support sheep eats the grass lol.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I would hardly call myself a "victim" if a dog peed on me. No, I would simply be an adult and go wash it off my leg, and likely have to change my sandals.  

Sadly...some other folks (not you) don't understand the impact upon people with allergies or other health elements...a quickie wash-off may not resolve the matter for those victims. That's why this thread lingers.

Apparently some folks don't take this issue serious enough based on lack of knowledge, understanding, empathy, or some combination of all of those elements. The fact that cruise lines have written policies and action items related to this legitimate problem should demonstrate it is indeed a problem.

The fact that there are so many hundreds of posts and tens of thousands of reads on this topic underscores that plenty of people are and would be impacted by this. The best way to solve a problem is to eliminate the circumstances that can create it.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, John&LaLa said:

So, you're not alergic to service dogs. 🤔

I get their point. I am allergic to all dogs, including service dogs, unfortunately.  So much so that if a dog licks me, the area breaks out in hives which stay inflamed for an hour or so, even after I wash it off.  If I am in a room with a dog more than a few minutes, I get a hay fever type response.  This does not outweigh, for instance, a blind person's need for a service dog.  If I have drippy eyes and stuffy, sneezy nose for some period of time, due to temporary proximity to their dog, it's a small price for me to pay. 

For years, everyone knew service dogs were for people with serious disabilities most of us could never imagine.  The sight of such an animal would make you feel sympathy.  I don't mean to judge but at some point the balance of what qualifies to help one person at the expense of others comes into question.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

For years, everyone knew service dogs were for people with serious disabilities most of us could never imagine.  The sight of such an animal would make you feel sympathy.  I don't mean to judge but at some point the balance of what qualifies to help one person at the expense of others comes into question.

That's also the yardstick by which "fair and unfair", as well as "appropriate and non-appropriate" are typically measured.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Miniature horse more likely. She seems content

LOL It's a he actually - I have 3 big boys 🙂  He's just the one we joking call the "college tuition" dog given his ailments and adventures but he'll also zoom for hours and then look at you for a boost up so hence, Princess 🙂

In youngest (puppy) to oldest (8) - here's my trio - think I could recreate this on the ship deck?  KIDDING!!  There is little relaxing with them!

IMG_7830.thumb.jpg.194a3f234225a6769061ba21a90e8bec.jpg

• Like 6