Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:16 PM, Mikew0805 said:

Not long now... and we will have our roads back! Sun City Center is a nightmare during snowbird season. 

You're welcome and same to John and LaLa. We spent our spring break this year in Iceland rather than the last three more traditional locations (Florida including Disney w/ friends and family 2016, W. Caribbean cruise from New Orleans 2017, E. Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral 2018, and now land visit to ICELAND 2019.  Quite a change, but no big spring break crowds).

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

To think if the gentleman with his fake ESD had been more humble and caring towards the child and her family the situation would have been resolved there and then.

His selfishness might ultimately make Royal and the Anthem captain take the ESA issue seriously and do something about it 

Genuine service dogs are priceless and welcome.

We will certainly not avoid Royal due to this man and his little dog; however we had considered Anthem for this summer (chose Adventure instead for the Canadian itinerary) and have been keeping it on the shortlist for spring break 2020.  However I am far from committed at this point and all it takes is a reason to eliminate one of your options.  My husband loved Oasis of the Seas and I am sure we would enjoy Quantum class, but. . . .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Which is the general reason for OPs to start threads like this, and I agree, and would say probably zero.

It is the world we live in.  Madness is now normal.

jc

Very true.

I just find it interesting how people are so vocal in opposition to this, but they continue to patronize the offending cruise line.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My son, Patrick, would agree with you. 

Today is nice also. You and Bucky should stop by.

Would love to, and some day we need to take you up on it.  Would love to meet Bella in person...errr...dog!  😉

We are currently doing our spring "Land Yacht" travels, and are in the north woods above Pensacola at Blackwater River state park, enjoying some kayak time.  Nice day long trip down the interesting Blackwater river was a treat.  🙂 

This is my "Miss Scarlet"...she is a sweet and sassy southern Belle.  And loves the water! Plus she is "potty trained".  Good pet to have.  😄 

WP_004764.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Very true.

I just find it interesting how people are so vocal in opposition to this, but they continue to patronize the offending cruise line.

It's not really serious enough to boycott a ship or cruise line. 

But it is serious enough to point out to upper management that this is not acceptable. If enough people voice their disapproval, Royal may realize that the needs of 1 Pinnacle do not outweigh the needs 40 D+, 100 Diamond, 400 Emeralds, and 2,000 new cruisers who Royal hopes to become repeat cruisers.

And in the end, we all end up with a better cruise experience.  No need to thank us.

P.S. - To John, I'm not throwing shade on Pinnacles. Just this one person.  And the ships personal that allow it to happen.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

But it is serious enough to point out to upper management that this is not acceptable. If enough people voice their disapproval, Royal may realize that the needs of 1 Pinnacle do not outweigh the needs 40 D+, 100 Diamond, 400 Emeralds, and 2,000 new cruisers who Royal hopes to become repeat cruisers.

And in the end, we all end up with a better cruise experience.  No need to thank us.

P.S. - To John, I'm not throwing shade on Pinnacles. Just this one person.  And the ships personal that allow it to happen.

I just think the best way for people to voice their disapproval is with their wallets.  I really doubt anything will change otherwise, but I guess we'll see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I just think the best way for people to voice their disapproval is with their wallets.  I really doubt anything will change otherwise, but I guess we'll see.

Sadly, I think you're right.

But one can always hope.

Edited by HBE4

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Would love to, and some day we need to take you up on it.  Would love to meet Bella in person...errr...dog!  😉

We are currently doing our spring "Land Yacht" travels, and are in the north woods above Pensacola at Blackwater River state park, enjoying some kayak time.  Nice day long trip down the interesting Blackwater river was a treat.  🙂 

This is my "Miss Scarlet"...she is a sweet and sassy southern Belle.  And loves the water! Plus she is "potty trained".  Good pet to have.  😄 

Nice! That thick sand and the color of the water says it is definitely a waterway somewhere between Dublin, GA and middle FL  - reminds me of weekends at my precious grandmother’s property just north of Savannah.  😊

Edited by 2Beeze

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Well said!

Okay, so I have not seen this posted on this thread, but I am sure that I missed a post or two! This is Royal’s policy on the issue - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/service-animals . I did find a notation at the bottom interesting:

• Contact the Pet Travel Scheme Helpline: Telephone: +44 (0) 370 241 1710 - Monday to Friday - 8 AM to 6 PM UK time (closed Bank Holidays) E-mail: pettravel@ahvla.gsi.gov.uk - please include your postal address and a day time telephone number

Maybe the problem of this man bringing his “pet” onboard and not appropriately caring for it (including keeping others safe) has been reported, but research in human behavior (my life’s work) has clearly shown that when there are multiple individuals observing a problem/crime, the responsibility to report the problem is dispersed with each witness assuming that “someone else reported it.” The most famous of these studies was one about the murder of Kitty Genovese in NY where many people witnessed her murder below several large apartment buildings and not a single person reported it. The larger the group the more likely this is to occur - and the ship’s passengers is a huge group.

It may be that there have been very few, if any, official complaints to Royal about this or similar ongoing problems. If people have said here that they have reported it, I do not doubt them.  But it is clear that we typically assume that someone else complained and the only way to correct that is to never assume that someone else reported it and take action yourself. Royal can’t take action corporately if they don’t have official reports/complaints about the problem. 

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

That will never happen. With all my complaints about pricing and fake sales and poor customer satisfaction I won't cross Royal off my list. It won't be my first choice when researching a cruise but I wouldn't not consider it. With the ever changing cruising world I even consider lines like HAL and NCL which I would have never considered in the past.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That will never happen. With all my complaints about pricing and fake sales and poor customer satisfaction I won't cross Royal off my list. It won't be my first choice when researching a cruise but I wouldn't not consider it. With the ever changing cruising world I even consider lines like HAL and NCL which I would have never considered in the past.

100% agree. Plenty of cruise lines out there to give our money to. Best one wins!

On a far more important note, is Biker camping on top of a mountain or in CC jail? I think the thread is past the point of "beating a dead horse".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

None taken 😇

1 hour ago, 2Beeze said:

Nice! That thick sand and the color of the water says it is definitely a waterway somewhere between Dublin, GA and middle FL  - reminds me of weekends at my precious grandmother’s property just north of Savannah.  😊

Yup, most of the rivers that feed down into the gulf from the western Panhandle of Florida have that tannin color, and the soft white sand.  One of the reason we love the Panhandle beaches...all super soft white baking powder type sand, clear aquamarine water...perfect!  Heading to Grayton Beach state park for two weeks starting on Thursday.  Ahhh....

Ooops...off subject of course...ummm.  

Back on subject.  Was in the bath house here yesterday at the park when a woman came in with a ratty looking poodle (no pets allowed in public rest rooms here).  I asked if it was a therapy dog (no vest) ..."ummm..yeah..it is" she replies.  Uh-huh.   Then the dog ran under several of the toilet stalls chasing a ball....with shocked woman occupying the stalls at the time.    Yeah...therapy dog alright.  😒 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

To think if the gentleman with his fake ESD had been more humble and caring towards the child and her family the situation would have been resolved there and then.

His selfishness might ultimately make Royal and the Anthem captain take the ESA issue seriously and do something about it 

Genuine service dogs are priceless and welcome.

What if the dog owner lied and told RCCL officials that the little girl peed herself on the elevator and it wasn't his dog?  Seems this guy carries some weight with being Pinnacle, even his dog gets acknowledged.  RCCL may "believe" him and question the victim story's.

Whatever, IMO, only verifiable service dogs should be welcomed on board a ship (or airplane, or restaurant).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, evandbob said:

What if the dog owner lied and told RCCL officials that the little girl peed herself on the elevator and it wasn't his dog?  Seems this guy carries some weight with being Pinnacle, even his dog gets acknowledged.  RCCL may "believe" him and question the victim story's.

Whatever, IMO, only verifiable service dogs should be welcomed on board a ship (or airplane, or restaurant).

I agree it should be genuine service dogs only.

There are security cameras all over the ship so surely the evidence was there.

It seems though that Royal are treating this man and his fake ESA like royalty to the detriment of other passengers.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

On a far more important note, is Biker camping on top of a mountain or in CC jail? I think the thread is past the point of "beating a dead horse".

The mods don’t seem to appreciate the dead horse meme. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

But, can we all agree that only legitimate service dogs belong on any ship?

Wholeheartedly yes!!  Agree.   Professionally trained service dogs, that are in service for the true medical issues of their master...only..period.   Not an excuse to take fifi and foofoo along (as fake service animals).. those people need to stay home with them, or get a sitter when they cruise...like the rest of us with pet children do.    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The mods don’t seem to appreciate the dead horse meme. 

That's only because it isn't an Emotional Support dead horse. Find one wearing an ESA bridle and saddle. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3