Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

On 3/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, John&LaLa said:

Good point. I was referring to her scary looking cat living on the ship.  Maybe I should bring Bells on Allure next year.  Plenty of room in our A1. 

Do Genies handle dog walking. 🤔🐾🐾

I would love to have one of those scary looking cats. Mike would still be allergic, but at least they would be easier to bathe. Would also definitely dry off faster. 🙀

I guess they make exceptions for captains having a pet on board.

On 3/25/2019 at 11:04 PM, broberts said:

Don't you know, cats own the world. :classic_biggrin: 

The three we have definitely do. 😸 😺 😺

On 3/25/2019 at 11:33 PM, PhoenixCruiser said:

I don't, the cat is adorable!  No one can claim allergies - unlike with a dog.

Hairless cats will still cause allergies because of the siliva and dander. It's just not as bad because they don't have the hair for it to stick to.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:44 AM, John&LaLa said:

You have no idea what adorable looks like. 😉

Bella's Instagram link is in my signature.

IMG_20180901_104124_026.jpg

IMG_20180520_232351_793.jpg

IMG_20180113_225522_240.jpg

IMG_20170323_215237_584.jpg

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Be prepared for nightmares 

Screenshot_20190326-101104_Instagram.jpg

FB_IMG_1553574821282.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-101025_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-101200_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190326-101131_Instagram.jpg

John you are so mean. jk. It's not the cats fault she's so ugly. They're so ugly you just can't help but love them. Someone has to. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, odd is right.  It is also odd that the individual doesn't give a damn to clean up either.  I know any caring pet owner would.  I bet Bella doesn't get 1 step away from her "gift" before you have it cleaned up.

Who knows, it might be the "P" compromise they made with Royal.  Banned from one, but free to sail on another.  

The second pic is better than the first.  I think it is because I'm not looking the cat in the eye.  The neck veins are creepy for sure.

I think that is saggy skin. There's lots of that all over the ship. 🙀

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

Do note that all these people don't know you and can't see anything but your words. It seems that quite a number of people agree with my thoughts on it (and other similar posts expressed a similar sentiment).  If you find that funny, I think that's odd, but how would I or anyone else guess that you were joking? And do also note that I have as much right to express my opinion as you do here and I don't believe that you are the arbiter of who should stay and who should go from CC. I responded to what you said, I can't respond to what you might mean that differs from that.

Yes and just like you, I'll be the judge of what opinions I can express...that trigger is pointed back at ya.

10 hours ago, tutzig said:

She looks beautiful!!

The cat? Has a unique look.. 

LOL

She is beautiful, and a wonderful person and Captain from everything Ive read about her.  I will sail on her ship one day 🙂 

• Like 2

Look, I just can't let this go now as I have been judged for one facetious remark.  I love animals and would never be cruel to one, anywhere.  I am a pet owner as many on here already know.  I have a fur ball and buried our Golden 5 years ago. (Cannot bare to get another, irreplaceable) .  If someone cannot tell a tongue in cheek remark when it's obvious, that is your problem.  But it's not your job in life to condemn others for their comments.  And yes, it is hard to tell the attitude in a post, so that would preclude your rude comments as well.  You obviously were not being facetious in the least in your comment to me.

And, I have absolutely no problem with a dog accompanying its owner on a ship, that's their business.  I don't care what the reasons are.  It is my opinion, which I should be allowed to voice without impunity, that most of these dogs such as the one mentioned are not service dogs, as most authentic service animals must wear a service harness when in public and are trained to urinate/defecate on demand. They are just pets that owners do not want to leave at home so they make the excuse that they are needed.  And yes, I recognize there are such valid people, but I believe the vast majority are of the former ilk.  But I would have a huge problem with what happened to the child in question.  If it ever came to a choice I would side with the human being first.  But I unhappily realize  these days there is way more sympathy for animals than for humans.  It would demand a full complaint to Guest Services at the very least.  And  most probably a civil tongue lashing for the owner, who has the responsibility to train his animal for a public venue.  Our Buck would never been allowed to do such a thing without a  correction and he never did to my recollection.  THIS IS A SERIOUS REMARK, not a facetious one BTW.

As for the posting police on these boards, I have been guilty of such and have had to learn to be circumspect when judging comments on here.  In any event, I was being facetious, so all of you critics can bring your dogs on board without any complaint as far as I am concerned, as long as they do their business in the green boxes the ship provides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, crilski said:

Thanks for the link.....but Royal needs to add it to their information about Service Animals to make it clear that the cruise line has a distinction....and will enforce (????) the difference.  Time will tell if they enforce it, because in the Service Animal information there are what I call 'weasel words'.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I've sailed 25 times on Anthem and never knew there was an elevator by 270. The closest one I've seen was the elevator mid-ship.

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is a handicapped elevator.  Turn right when you enter 270. 

Yes, it only goes up to the upper level of 270 and from there one can access the rest of deck 6 through a set of doors.

7 minutes ago, TTraub1250 said:

My emotional support dogs ! I need lots of emotional support since the Buffalo Bills have not be in the superbowl in way to many years. Do you think RCCL will allow me to bring them ?  

Perhaps...whenever the Bills win a Superbowl (in other words...never 🤣).

• Haha 2

On 3/23/2019 at 8:07 PM, voyager70 said:

Disgusting.  This needs to stop.  Proper service animals are fine, not BS emotional support animals that pee and poo in public spaces.

You mean I cant bring my emotional support peacock cruising!! When I viewed that video of peacock in airport wanting to board an aircraft I was like *****!! That lady needs more than an emotional support animal if she believes the airline will let her bring that animal on board!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ryano said:
12 hours ago, tutzig said:

She looks beautiful!!

The cat? Has a unique look.. 

LOL

She is beautiful, and a wonderful person and Captain from everything Ive read about her.  I will sail on her ship one day 🙂 

I agree. Perhaps I'll head over to the current captains thread to see which ship she is on.

I'm getting tired of pics of DW with handsome captains. It's my turn, gosh darn it! 🤣😈

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I agree. Perhaps I'll head over to the current captains thread to see which ship she is on.

I'm getting tired of pics of DW with handsome captains. It's my turn, gosh darn it! 🤣😈

As of right now, she is on Equinox 🙂   She will take over Edge soon though.  Not sure when

Edited by ryano
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ryano said:

As of right now, she is on Equinox 🙂   She will take over Edge soon though.  Not sure when

Thanks!

Heading over to the Celebrity boards.  Be back soon....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, libertybelle41 said:

Exactly. I'm not saying it's not reprehensible of the owner, but if I had to pick one it would pee on the foot rather than drunk peoples vomit. There's a whole lot better chance of drunk vomit than dogs a peeing. Wow that sounds like a 12 days of Christmas add on......10 pups-a-peeing;  11 drunks-a-puking...anyway, I digress. Have a good day all. 

"Don't pee on my foot and tell me it's raining." -Judy Judy

on one of our cruises, a kid puked in the pool. It had to be closed for cleaning...

I've been peed on by the dogs (I foster from time to time).

My mom got peed on by a dog while we were asking for directions in a foreign country. We still laugh about it and it's been 20+ years. The owner was horrified and tried to wipe my mom's legs and shoes with her handkerchief.....

I am with you. Would rather get peed on by a dog than puked on by a human.

And getting an inflatable pool out to wash the pee off of a leg? An overkill unless the girl is handicapped. DS has been cruising since he was 3 - he was fully capable of standing upright in the shower even then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robtulipe said:

Yes, it only goes up to the upper level of 270 and from there one can access the rest of deck 6 through a set of doors.

I knew about the door to deck 6, but never about the elevator.  I know there is also one in the theater, but I don't know what deck that one goes to.

15 hours ago, parothead said:

i would not be kicking the dog but if it pees on my daughter the owner could be "hitting the deck" 

Agreed - I'm usually a mild mannered guy, but if my son or daughter got peed on by a dog on a cruise ship that would change real quick.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yankinuk said:

You mean I cant bring my emotional support peacock cruising!! When I viewed that video of peacock in airport wanting to board an aircraft I was like *****!! That lady needs more than an emotional support animal if she believes the airline will let her bring that animal on board!!

Personally I think I would feel safer sitting next to the peacock than sitting next to the person who needs the peacock for emotional support.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

On 3/23/2019 at 1:49 PM, mjkacmom said:

Ok, not being snarky, but what actions would’ve helped? Did you want the staff to undress and bath your daughter? At 4, I’m sure she wa# using the pools and therefore showering there (at 4 all of my kids usually just showered anyway). Medical? You don’t  get sick by being exposed to dog urine. I’m guessing the hazmat suits are due to bodily fluids, by the book. I doubt anyone on the ship had any authority to throw the dog overboard, they didn’t allow this dog on. What if another child urinated on your child? What should happen to the parents? How should the family be compensated.

That said, do follow up with corporate, if only to prevent this from happening to others. I love dogs, I have a dog, there are plenty of places dogs don’t belong, like cruise ships (unless it’s a service animal of course, they belong anywhere and everywhere).

I agree....for goodness sake......

• Like 2

Quite a few times I was on the same cruise as X.  I’d ask where X was and he’d say Oh he is in the cabin he need quiet time there are too many people.  Well let’s think.  He is a service dog but he is in the cabin, too many people so you take him on a cruise.  It doesn’t add up.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Look, I just can't let this go now as I have been judged for one facetious remark.  I love animals and would never be cruel to one, anywhere.  I am a pet owner as many on here already know.  I have a fur ball and buried our Golden 5 years ago. (Cannot bare to get another, irreplaceable) .  If someone cannot tell a tongue in cheek remark when it's obvious, that is your problem. 

For what it's worth, I thought you were serious also.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TTraub1250 said:

My emotional support dogs ! I need lots of emotional support since the Buffalo Bills have not be in the superbowl in way to many years. Do you think RCCL will allow me to bring them ?  

20161002_093557.jpg

I showed my husband this and he said he needs one too.  He is a sad, disheartened, diehard Bills fan too..... I may need to put a jersey on my Golden. 

9 hours ago, TTraub1250 said:

20161002_093557.jpg

If its any consolation it wouldn't matter if the Bills were in the Superbowl because a few years back they proved they can't win them even if they get there! (how in the world do you make it to 4 Super Bowls in a row and not win at least one????). Come to think of it though at least your team got there those times. My Tennessee Titans have only gottern there once and lost.