Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

On 3/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, BecciBoo said:

I would've kicked the little pischer out the elevator door if I had seen that.  No excuse!

You would hurt an animal that had zero choice rather than the man forcing the situation on the dog and everyone else?  While I cannot imagine someone hurting an animal except to protect themselves (and while disgusting, pee and poop are rarely deadly), the point is that it’s not the animals fault. It may be Royal’s fault, it may be the owner’s fault,  but it most surely is not the dog’s fault for doing what what an animal does. 

I completely agree that this dog very likely does not fit the legal definition of a service dog and I refuse to sign any paperwork for my patient’s asking for it - but the humans here are 100% at fault and it would be cruel to take it out on the dog that has 0% fault.

And to quote @03063dad and @jennyb1977 - “just wow” 🤯

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 8

21 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So on the walking track on the Symphony TA we were walking and we met a short balding older man with a dog in his stroller.   Is this the same guy?  The dog was smallish, maybe 8-10 pounds and a short hair, by the time I realized what I was looking at we had passed them.  

I do think it is inappropriate, but dog pee is hardly a major calamity.  However, the dog clearly should not be on board.

jc

It wasn't a stoller..it is a little wagon.  He pulls the dog along, not push it.  But yes, the dog is very small.  I would say it is in the 8-10 pound range.  The man is a crumudgeon - very grumpy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

All the crew know about this guy and his dog. He's been on the ship since at least January he was speaking with one of the crew when we saw him with his little doggie.

I know the crew knows, but sometimes managers don't let everything get to the top dog. I can't imagine that the Captain would allow this to happen on his ship, but maybe that's how he also lives?

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Doesn't a Celebrity captain travel with a cat?

Yes, Captain Kate travels with Bug Naked, but she doesn't let her piss and poop everywhere.

https://www.instagram.com/bugnaked/?hl=en

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We have never just kicked a dog but what would you do?   I agree that it is not the dog's fault but until something happens to the dog the owner could care less.   Maybe the owner needs to get a dog diaper like horses use that walk the streets in New York.  Maybe someone needs to pee on the owner.  I have instructed my granddaughter that if the dog is on our cruise and decides to pee on her she should kick it away.  Why would anyone just stand there and not do anything as a dog pees on them.  Maybe if something happened the owner would be a little more responsible.

No one would just stand there. They would use their feet and move away. You should tell your granddaughter the same if she is incapable of making this basic decision vs. kicking an innocent dog. THAT is how people (deservedly) get bitten.

A dog is not going to chase you so it can pee on you. 🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, closecruiser said:

Just got off the Silhouette on Sunday and Rich the Cruise Director did make comment of a captain sailing with a cat.  Not sure if it was our cruise but I did hear him say this.

She was on the Summit first and now the Equinox. She will  be going to the Edge later this year.

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 3/23/2019 at 4:29 PM, grapau27 said:

I take Perindopril in the morning before food for HBP as do millions of people in the UK and the US and don't need an emotional support animal as medication keeps your BP stable.

You are fortunate to be able to control you BP with medication.  But there are  cardiac alert service dogs that monitor rises and drops in BP for people with certain heart conditions. He may have a legitimate need for the dog.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know the crew knows, but sometimes managers don't let everything get to the top dog. I can't imagine that the Captain would allow this to happen on his ship, but maybe that's how he also lives?

Yes, Captain Kate travels with Bug Naked, but she doesn't let her piss and poop everywhere.

https://www.instagram.com/bugnaked/?hl=en

A pet is a pet. How can Celebrity allow that?

23 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

By the way...…………..

Over time, when this "gentleman" was asked by other passengers what his dog did, his answer varied.  I guess he finally settled on the "blood pressure" explanation.  I was told by someone on the Anthem that he now has a sign on his wheeled carrier that says, "Don't ask me about the dog".  😮

In regards to a service animal, why do people think it’s okay to ask about someone’s personal medical condition.  I too would get tired of being questioned. I also would be evasive with my response or bluntly tell them it’s none of their business, depending on my mood. Yes, he does have a sign telling people to stop asking him where the dog goes to relieve itself, that Tommy is a service dog and please don’t touch him. He may have a legitimate need, but he also needs to ensure that Tommy is properly trained.

3 hours ago, Lady CJ said:

You are fortunate to be able to control you BP with medication.  But there are  cardiac alert service dogs that monitor rises and drops in BP for people with certain heart conditions. He may have a legitimate need for the dog.

That's new to me.

The fact his dog is making a mess on other people and all around the ship the dog is more like to cause HBP for him and other people who are annoyed with his and his dogs deeds.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2019 at 11:37 AM, noyes66 said:

Photo of clean up ... guest services insisted we go to medical to file a report. Medical refused. Not knowing when this animal was last on US soil and seen by a professional is disturbing 

30451DF9-980C-4B5A-95AA-416BCC61C987.jpeg

Thanks for posting this.  We were going to book Legend of the Seas next month onboard Celebrity Eclipse.  Love the Royal Promenade and the shows, not such a fan of the food and tier snobbery onboard.  This is enough to vote with my dollars elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don't see how the Master of the ship doesn't know about  the guy and his little doggie they have been living on the ship for months.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:37 PM, noyes66 said:

Photo of clean up ... guest services insisted we go to medical to file a report. Medical refused. Not knowing when this animal was last on US soil and seen by a professional is disturbing 

30451DF9-980C-4B5A-95AA-416BCC61C987.jpeg

There's a picture worth a thousand words...makes ya want to run around the ship with bare feet...

Maybe email a copy to Michael Bayley as his next Christmas Card suggestion...

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Thanks for posting this.  We were going to book Legend of the Seas next month onboard Celebrity Eclipse.  Love the Royal Promenade and the shows, not such a fan of the food and tier snobbery onboard.  This is enough to vote with my dollars elsewhere.

You'd have been out of luck anyway. Legend of the Seas left the fleet some time ago and is now Marella Discovery 😀

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bobal said:

You'd have been out of luck anyway. Legend of the Seas left the fleet some time ago and is now Marella Discovery 😀

Legend also never had a Royal Promenade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Haha.  I mean Liberty of the Seas on Nov 8th, 2020.

We're about to book MSC Armonia a couple weeks prior, Halloween cruise to Havana!

10 hours ago, lakelorain said:

There are many wearable blood pressure/heart monitors with alarms that this man could wear.  No need for a dog that can't do much more that a monitor.

I guess my medication is working because I have 3 dogs and not one of them has warned me of elevated blood pressure. However inefficient they are in that category they make up for it by being house broken. None of them have ever pissed on my leg and told me that it was raining.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I was on Anthem when the man received his Pinnacle recognition at the top tier.  They also recognized Tommy with a Pinnacle certificate. I thought that was nuts.

Stay tuned for the the tread " Pinnacle dog hogging the window seat in the lounge".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3