Price Comparisons Today vs Tomorrow

mfs2k

With the new pricing program in effect at Midnight tonight, I suggest each of us price (Celebrity website) one Celebrity cruise today, in a few different cabin categories, then price it again tomorrow with the same chosen perks and starting tomorrow, we can post our before and after pricing.

I just priced June 16 Bermuda/New England 11 Day from Bayonne NJ on Summit

• OV ($3,175.70 2 perks plus tips),
  • Veranda ($4,875.50 2 perks plus tips)
  • Sky Suite guarantee ($8,176 4 perks)

Lets see what it is tomorrow.

Wow MFS...  that cruise is already spendy!

Current price of my booking:

Solstice,

Sept 13-23 2019 (10 nts)

Vancouver to Hawaii

Verandah (2C)

$3,775  (two adults)

$600 OBC

Two classic bev packages

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jelayne said:

So we price today & then check price again tomorrow and what?

If tomorrow is higher than today then should we moan about the new pricing, kick ourselves for not booking today.  

Basically. Lol 

24 minutes ago, julia said:

Wow MFS...  that cruise is already spendy!

Current price of my booking:

Solstice,

Sept 13-23 2019 (10 nts)

Vancouver to Hawaii

Verandah (2C)

$3,775  (two adults)

$600 OBC

Two classic bev packages

How do you get $600 OBC. I Don’t see that in pricing 

Tough tracking this one sailing because it's already almost sold out and prices have been climbing steadily, but:

Summit

Aug 2-16, 2020 (14 nights(

Transatlantic to Iceland & Greenland

• Interior (9) -- $2,541 (was $2,009 in mid-Jan when I booked this category cabin)
  • Veranda (2C / Sweet 16 cabin) -- $4,149 (was $3,499 in mid-Jan)

Well, this is interesting. 

Summit sailing - March 13 , 2021 ( busy March break period)

Yesterday:

inside was $889 CANADIAN DOLLARS  ( before taxes ) per person, no perks

Today: ( day before new pricing structure drops)

inside $1119 CANADIAN DOLLARS ( before taxes) per person , no perks

Already increased price . Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Edited by son3cruisers

Here is the actual booking we decided on, and  booked about three weeks ago:

Summit sailing - March 13 , 2021 ( busy March break period)

oceanview- brand new room on deck 3 ( Cat 6?)

$2806 Canadian - total price - fully refundable deposit

2 perks ( $300 stateroom credit/ drink package for 2)

Today, same reservation/ perks

$3086 Canadian 

I will post what changes happen tomorrow. 

Our first Celebrity Cruise is next March 2020 ,

and the cruise fare has DOUBLED. since we booked back in January. So glad we booked when we did. 

Edited by son3cruisers

There was a strange pricing window on one of our cruises yesterday.  When I saw a drop of $100 PP I called. The computers were down.  I called later and suddenly it was $150 PP.  Today there was no difference between the price Monday and Wednesday.  I felt like Tuesday was  Twilight Zone pricing but I saved $300.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There was a strange pricing window on one of our cruises yesterday.  When I saw a drop of $100 PP I called. The computers were down.  I called later and suddenly it was $150 PP.  Today there was no difference between the price Monday and Wednesday.  I felt like Tuesday was  Twilight Zone pricing but I saved $300.

I had a similar experience.  I saw a $200 pp price drop first thing yesterday morning.  Called my Big Box TA and they got the adjustment made.  Not more than 4-5 hours later I noticed that even though there was no evidence of additional S2 suites having been sold, the price was now $150 pp higher than the price I got in the morning (but still $50 less than it had been the day before).

Tom & Judy

I don't know about tomorrow but our Aqua Class cabin on Reflection has gone up $700 per person today with 3 perks and Classic instead of the 4 perks and Premium beverage package we booked. We booked the cruise in February of this year for next year.

Edited by Luvcrusn

I’ve been watching my September very closely. Suite prices are crazy. Double the price of an AQ stateroom. 

9/7/19 6 Night Western - Equinox

Obstructed Veranda -

$764 pp No Perks

$1009 pp 2 perks

Aft Veranda - 

$854 pp No perks 

$1099 pp 2 perks

AQ -

$904 pp no perks

$1149 pp 2 perks

Sky suite -

$1954 pp - no perks 

$2199 pp - 4 perks

I took a look at 4 upcoming cruises with Sky Suites a few hours ago.  Now that it is past midnight, every single one of the 4 has had the price for the Sky Suites go up $200-$350 per person, if all 4 perks are selected.  If that is representative, maybe this is just the result of the expiration of the Sail Beyond event discounts, or maybe they have used the rollout of the new program as an excuse to jack up all prices.  The next set of new promotions will probably discount from there.

Tom & Judy

I have a booking for the January 2, 2021 Equinox sailing, cat. 11 inside with prepaid gratuities (and actually also free wifi and 100$ OBC, but I'll keep that out of the first calculation) at ~2030$ per room.

If I was to make this booking today with the "Sail" tier with prepaid gratuities, it would be ~2196$ per room.

That is an additional 160$ for nothing, literally. It even includes worse booking terms, since the Sail tier is with non-refundable deposit.

If I would instead choose to completely match my existing booking on a new booking, ie. cat. 11 inside with 2 perks being wifi and 300$ OBC (and then pay the 174$ gratuities out of the OBC, leaving roughly the 100$ OBC I have on my current booking), I would choose the Sail Plus tier with perks free wifi and 300$ OBC, currently priced at ~2478$ per room.

So on my existing booking, made onboard Equinox in January 2019 (which explains the 100$ OBC), I have saved roughly 350$, compared to making a brand new booking today with the same "perks" and stateroom category.

Well - I'm glad I booked back in January!

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

Seems Celebrity still has some updating to do on the site, maybe? Checked my August cruise, no perks available to select today unless in a Suite. My C1 category is $182 less total than we paid with no perks. We have 3 with initial booking. WOW. Glad I booked 2 weeks ago. Price dropped 4 times between booking date and this past Tuesday. Pays to watch your booking 😀

I didn't write down the exact pricing but yesterday I looked at an Asia cruise for January 2021 on the Milly. The price for an Aqua cabin with 2 perks was just over $6000. Today the $300 promo was gone so the cruise was $6384.98 with 2 perks. Interestingly if you choose 4 perks it did say you would get the Premium beverage package. However, the price goes to $7644.98. Not worth for anyone like us who is Elite plus and gets some free drinks and discounts on internet. The price with no perks was $5320.98 for us with a $200 Military discount and a non refundable deposit. It's nice to have the choices. The no frills price might be right for us but a $900 non refundable deposit would give me pause.

On Monday, we booked a Sky Suite on Summit for the Canada/New England itinerary in August 2020. That booking included all 4 perks as part of the overall price.

Just looked at the same itinerary under the new program effective today and the new price with all 4 perks is now up $200 per person. 

Nothing earth shattering...just an FYI.

Randy

We saved abour $100 pp by booking a few days  before the changes.

We booked a Sunset Veranda on APEX for 7 days Eastern Carib.. for $ 1, 779 pp plus port fees,/ taxes of $103.87.  This was  a refundable fare  with 2 perks of choice. Deposit was $500.

Same  Refundable deal today, with  same 2 perks  shows cruise fare up to $1,879 plus tax  and port charges.   Up by $100 pp.

The no perks unrefundable fare today  is  set at  $ 1, 613  pp plus tax and port chg...

Not a big change but has  the added  option

Glad we are already  set with 3 booked cruises ( EDGE again, Summit and APEX) into Nov 2020..but we always check prices !

My cabin was OV infinity 7 nights summer 19 has gone up $314 and the agent OBC down $50 and the agent promotion for free grats also gone so quite a big difference in over all expense (roughly $570 more per cabin over all).  In fact the inside now works out to be about the same price as my OV was.  When heard about this promotion I was all set to downgrade the kids (27/26yrs and 21/21 yrs lol) rooms to insides to gain a few 100$ but that's not going to fly.