What is the current Princess 'policy' on "towel animals"?

voljeep

Is it you must ask for them ? - I understand that NCL is moving to that policy ...but Carnival

For the record, Carnival Cruise Line is not changing its stance on folded wildlife.

“We’re continuing our towel animal program as normal,” said Carnival spokesperson Vance Gullikssn. “It’s a signature and popular element at Carnival.”

I understand the conservation of water and washing of the 'extra towels' and the environment and all ...

We have never in 38 cruises on Princess found a towel animal in our cabin.  Considering how many cabins a steward is responsible for attending, I don't want them wasting time making useless towel animals.  I would much rather have our cabin taken care of earlier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had them on two cruises. DW saved them and put them on bed before we went to dinner. Our steward asked us not to 'because he did not want his Supervisor to see them'. So it must be against policy.

I would expect that if traveling with youth and you ask the steward for towel animals you will receive them. I never remember getting them on a Princess ship. Cabin stewards have too many cabins to service to make up towel animals for every one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I have never had a "towel animal" on any Princess cruise

Nor have we and that is just fine with us.  When our 3 1/2  year old granddaughter and her parents were on a Ruby Princess Alaska cruise with us last summer the steward left one for her (which she was thrilled with).

Edited by capriccio

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

Is it you must ask for them ? - I understand that NCL is moving to that policy ...but Carnival

For the record, Carnival Cruise Line is not changing its stance on folded wildlife.

“We’re continuing our towel animal program as normal,” said Carnival spokesperson Vance Gullikssn. “It’s a signature and popular element at Carnival.”

I understand the conservation of water and washing of the 'extra towels' and the environment and all ...

Really voljeep?  You gave me a smile.  Thank you.  When's your next cruise?  Ours is in May.  Have a great day.

Pooh

42 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Really voljeep?  You gave me a smile.  Thank you.  When's your next cruise?  Ours is in May.  Have a great day.

Pooh

also May ... on the CB ..

just read an article this morning about NCL and just thru that out there ...

My friends are on the Regal Princess now on the 2nd of their b2b2b and she texted me with a picture of the great towel animal they came back to tonight!   Timing is funny since you posted this today.

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If I felt the need for an animal on my bed...I'd pack a teddy bear.

There's an idea!! Buy the bear that's currently promo'd on the ships.😀

Yes, just buy a Stanley Bear on the ship!  :classic_laugh:

We have never had a towel animal in our cabin on a Princess cruise. It is just not a Princess thing. Did not matter even when the cabin stewards had less cabins to take care of than now.

However I have been on several Princess cruises when they had a towel animal class in the atrium.

So I guess that I did have a towel animal in our cabin when I put it together myself after one of these demonstrations.

On some cruise lines, towel animals can be real chair hogs at the pool as shown in the photo below.

890203 025 02.03.16 Towel animals by the pool, deck 9 DSC01056.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, drjpreston said:

I feel special.  My DW and I have always had towel animals in our rooms on Princess on every cruise and have never asked.  Guess it is the little boy face.

Wow, we have been on about 11 Princess cruises and have never had a single towel animal appear! From regular balcony to a suite, no animals.  Guess it must be that little boy face!  Grin.

Pooh

• Thanks 1