Ultimate Dining Package To Be Replaced

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Reminds me of Denny's  the menu says Unlimited Pancakes and then the small print said "restrictions apply"😎

LOL at what point do you lose money on pancakes?

I expect it's like everything - you'll have those people that "make money" on unlimited something but for so many of us we don't that in general they're rarely losing money offering such "deals."

2 minutes ago, janesdavid said:

I asked about port days and they responded "You can use it anytime during your sailing."

Crazy.  I have a feeling we'll get different answers from different reps right now.  The cruise planner CLEARLY says sea day lunches, but I guess it doesn't say no port days....  There is a lot of info that still needs to come out.  I wouldn't bank on much of anything other than multiple dining venues in a single night, $35 a la carte credit, and sea day lunches.

4 minutes ago, janesdavid said:

It looks like RCC has a lot to figure out: I wrote them on FB:

"does the "Unlimited Dining Package" now include playmakers and Hibachi"

"also - can it be used for lunch on embarkation day?"

Response:

"Hey, there. Playmakers is now included, however, Izumi Hibachi isn't. You'll be able to use it for embarkation day lunch. -Jo-Ann"

Sigh, welcome to CC and to Royal's Usual Confusion 🙂

I expect the a la carte at Izumi is included where that is still allowed.  You'd think it would offer a discount at least on hibachi!

24 minutes ago, BNBR said:

As it reads, you can go to as many as you want and for the a la carte options, you get a $35 credit for each one.

Why is it that when I read this I'm thinking we are going to start having "you can't share you UDP meal with others" threads?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Why is it that when I read this I'm thinking we are going to start having "you can't share you UDP meal with others" threads?

Because they are coming!  If I order $35 in food at playmakers, is the waiter going to make sure nobody else at my table eats any of it?

• Like 1

I'm thinking (hoping) that the cruise planner says "sea day lunches" only because this is when the majority of specialty restaurants are open for lunch (covering their ass;). But some restaurants like Playmakers and JR would be open on port days - and i'm thinking / hoping we can dine in them. 

Even though the RC rep on FB said no to hibachi - I can't imagine why they would remove the explicit exclusion from the fine print if this wasn't changing from the ultimate package. 

Because it call unlimited, i'm hoping that it basically covers everything except the up-sells at the specialty restaurants. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

Because they are coming!  If I order $35 in food at playmakers, is the waiter going to make sure nobody else at my table eats any of it?

Come to think of it, does it say anywhere in the details of the package that you can't share, like it does for the drink package?

12 minutes ago, j1d1 said:

So the inconsistent responses from RCI have begun.  Good to know that they are consistently inconsistent.

I've had 2 chats with them via FB- one they told me that they were NOT starting to have non refundable deposits and the other was that  D+ are still allowed to use the Suite/Pinnacle line to go thru security in PC 😇

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Come to think of it, does it say anywhere in the details of the package that you can't share, like it does for the drink package?

Lol, right?!  I could see this abused real fast with Playmakers.

10 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

And the tons of people who are going to want into Chops for late night dessert options but not a real meal.  I have no idea how they are going to handle that.

I'm not convinced it'll be a problem.  Royal knows their data pretty well.  But we'll see.

50 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I was thinking the same thing but was too chicken to post, thinking all the haters would get on my case about sharing.

It occurred to me to upgrade one of us to the UDP just for the snacks and extras.  We have the 4 night package for all four of us, so we are good for specialty dinners. But I’m not sure we would get the benefit of an unlimited plan. I will pay attention this time on how many “extras” we buy to see if it’s worth it for the next time.  Of course by then the price will be higher.

4 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

I messaged Royal on FB and was told that embarkation lunch is not included even though specialty dining restaurants may be open. Your package begins with your first dinner onboard. You can dine at any of our venues during the operational hours (again this contradicts embarkation day). Playmakers is included with the package and hibachi is now included.

Take it for what it's worth, but that's from Royal.

That's exactly what I was told when I contacted corporate office (Tamika Thompson).  Playmakers and Hibachi included, no embarkation lunch, lunch on sea days IS included, no tapas in Vintages, and $35 credit for ala carte restaurants such as regular Izumi.

I also want to add that I sent my question directly to Corporate office, and Tamika works under Mr Bayley.  Perhaps she is a better and more knowledgable source than FB.  Hopefully.

53 minutes ago, robntawn said:

That's exactly what I was told when I contacted corporate office (Tamika Thompson).  Playmakers and Hibachi included, no embarkation lunch, lunch on sea days IS included, no tapas in Vintages, and $35 credit for ala carte restaurants such as regular Izumi.

I also want to add that I sent my question directly to Corporate office, and Tamika works under Mr Bayley.  Perhaps she is a better and more knowledgable source than FB.  Hopefully.

Or what they list on the cruise planner? It states embarkation lunch is included and dining experiences/activities aren’t.  It lists the Hibachi as the Hibachi Experience.

5 minutes ago, later said:

Or what they list on the cruise planner? It states embarkation lunch is included and dining experiences/activities aren’t.  It lists the Hibachi as the Hibachi Experience.

Where does it say that embarkation lunch is included?

I can't see this available to purchase on any of my 4 booked cruises.  Is it not offered on cruises over 10 days or TA's?  I looked for our 15 night TA in November and our February 12 night and neither show up.  Not even Ultimate Dining shows as being available.  

1 hour ago, robntawn said:

What email address did you use? I would love to have this is writing for our cruise next month.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, myjillian said:

Do people usually go to more than one Specialty dinner a night ?  I've never known anyone who does.😕

I would think that hardly anyone does that.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Dah...that post was supposed to be attached to one in which the person asked if it could be used for more than one specialty restaurant a night.

34 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

With Playmakers and Vintages I would. Though above claims vintages not included.  Tapas at 5:00, dinner at 8:30, for example. 

Or dinner at 5:30 and Playmakers into the evening. Or sushi at some point but not for dinner. 

I think it's Royal pushing towards true all inclusive with drink package. Where you can just get what you want from any restaurant, anytime. Seems to be going that direction and I like it.

• Like 1